NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby PantherSigEp » July 3rd, 2014, 4:57 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:I don't pretend to be an expert when it comes to thinks like television, tv markets, and conference footprints but NDSU can sure compete athletically.

No worries Casey, we don't pretend to take you as an expert.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » July 3rd, 2014, 10:31 pm

Sorry, but the Valley only considers schools from Illinois for admission to the league.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » July 5th, 2014, 2:55 am

Aargh wrote:Sorry, but the Valley only considers schools from Illinois for admission to the league.

:Yea!:

We non-BCS conferences need to be able to take a bus to all games.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lakesbison » April 6th, 2017, 9:19 am

well I started this thread 4 years ago.

Now it can come to fruition.

I would say invite NDSU only. at least you can fly into fargo from Chicago daily!
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » April 6th, 2017, 1:26 pm

Lakesbison wrote:well I started this thread 4 years ago.

Now it can come to fruition.

I would say invite NDSU only. at least you can fly into fargo from Chicago daily!

Or at least the days when snow isn't falling sideways. Oh wait...
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby mvfcfan » April 6th, 2017, 3:25 pm

Here's what I want to see. I'm an Indiana State fan and I would like to see all 4 Dakota schools and Western IL invited to the MVC starting with the 2018-19 season (if possible the 17-18 season, but it might be too late?). Then the Valley can have 2 divisions for scheduling purposes. 12 of our games (division games) would be reasonably close to home and of the other 6 (non division games), 3 would be home games and only 3 would be away.

MVC North Division
UND
NDSU
USD
SDSU
UNI
Drake
Western IL

MVC South Division
Loyola IL
Bradley
IL ST
MO ST
IN ST
SIU
Evansville

I just think it's time to make our football and basketball conferences one and the same. The Dakota schools definitely seem pretty committed to producing winning programs. South Dakota is improving in football and UND, NDSU, and SDSU all just had excellent seasons. All 4 of them were really good basketball programs this past year as well (USD won the Summit League, NDSU finished second, SDSU won the auto bid after finishing 4th, UND won both the Big Sky reg season and auto bid). Western Illinois is usually good at football and less so at basketball, but they would still be worth adding in my opinion. I wouldn't add YSU just because they are too far out.

As for the other Summit teams, IPFW and IUPUI could go to the Horizon League potentially. Denver and Omaha could go WAC.

I would also be supportive of moving the MVC Tournament to the IWireless Center in Moline, IL. It supposedly seats 12,000 and at that point it would be a more centralized location for everyone. It might look better on TV too since it's a little smaller (Scottrade holds 18K) and it would look more full than the Scottrade Center. A packed house for the MVC Tournament with an electric crowd would be pretty awesome.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » April 6th, 2017, 3:43 pm

mvfcfan wrote:Here's what I want to see. I'm an Indiana State fan and I would like to see all 4 Dakota schools and Western IL invited to the MVC starting with the 2018-19 season (if possible the 17-18 season, but it might be too late?). Then the Valley can have 2 divisions for scheduling purposes. 12 of our games (division games) would be reasonably close to home and of the other 6 (non division games), 3 would be home games and only 3 would be away.

MVC North Division
UND
NDSU
USD
SDSU
UNI
Drake
Western IL

MVC South Division
Loyola IL
Bradley
IL ST
MO ST
IN ST
SIU
Evansville

I just think it's time to make our football and basketball conferences one and the same. The Dakota schools definitely seem pretty committed to producing winning programs. South Dakota is improving in football and UND, NDSU, and SDSU all just had excellent seasons. All 4 of them were really good basketball programs this past year as well (USD won the Summit League, NDSU finished second, SDSU won the auto bid after finishing 4th, UND won both the Big Sky reg season and auto bid). Western Illinois is usually good at football and less so at basketball, but they would still be worth adding in my opinion. I wouldn't add YSU just because they are too far out.

As for the other Summit teams, IPFW and IUPUI could go to the Horizon League potentially. Denver and Omaha could go WAC.

I would also be supportive of moving the MVC Tournament to the IWireless Center in Moline, IL. It supposedly seats 12,000 and at that point it would be a more centralized location for everyone. It might look better on TV too since it's a little smaller (Scottrade holds 18K) and it would look more full than the Scottrade Center. A packed house for the MVC Tournament with an electric crowd would be pretty awesome.

Pass. Hard Pass.

UNI may as well drop to D2 and restart the old North Central Conference in this scenario. Also, the high school down the street has a gym that's 10 times nicer than WIUs.

If you want to ensure that UNI and ISUr jump ship, this is how you do it.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lakesbison » April 6th, 2017, 10:23 pm

theres rumors about NDSU only to be added/ NDSU FANS WANT THIS BAD since football wont get a fbs invite

http://www.newschannel5.com/sports/more ... d-stay-put

Industry sources believe the pool of candidates the league will at least consider for expansion includes the likes of Belmont, Murray State, North Dakota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Northern Kentucky and Valparaiso.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mvfcfan » April 6th, 2017, 10:47 pm

At the bare minimum the Valley needs to invite NDSU and SDSU. I'd much rather have those two teams in the conference than another "Loyola". NDSU and SDSU have also been in the MVFC nearly 10 years now. I think they've proven themselves to be loyal. If we can get NDSU and SDSU then we need to go after UND and USD as well, plus WIU. I feel like that makes both the football and all sports conference stronger.

Adding non-football schools does nothing for the conference. If UNI and ILST want to leave then be like Wichita and Creighton and pack up. We'll still have 12 teams and we'll still be a respectable league. I see no reason as to why the Dakota schools can't be competitive in the MVC. Like I said you can't do much worse than Loyola and all 5 MVFC teams that aren't in the MVC for all-sports are better than Loyola. Loyola is a joke. Add UMKC, UIC, and Neb Omaha to thae "joke" list. If we add any of those three teams over NDSU and SDSU the commissioner needs fired ASAP.
mvfcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby municup14 » April 7th, 2017, 4:23 am

If these 2 join we will be at a odd number 11. So do we go after
3 schools or just 1.I would much rather go after 3.The Dakota
Trip would be easier for the existing schools.Go there and play
2 games in 3 or 4 days.
municup14
MVC starter
MVC starter