NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby Haha » March 18th, 2013, 7:55 am

I wasn't serious about Omaha, except about the part about taking them over the XDSU's, but look here LakeBison. I keep hearing about what you would build and how much you would invest if in the Valley. Look what Omaha is doing now.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130317/N ... -community

Seriously I would be ok with Omaha, UMKC (must move back to muni), and Belmont. Somebody has to be bottom feeders and that can be UMKC and Omaha for awhile. Wichita would finally have a couple somewhat similar conference mates (metro based publics with around 15K enrollment) and Belmont would add quality and another private. Best part is none play football.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Lakesbison » March 18th, 2013, 12:17 pm

NDSU is 2 Million short and got a Million donation over the summit tournament.

Shovels go in ground in April on a $32 million arena, its happening and the MVC should want NDSU to be a part of it, since NDSU saved the MVFC in the last 5 years and made them the nation's #1 fcs program.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Haha » March 18th, 2013, 1:06 pm

Lakesbison wrote:NDSU is 2 Million short and got a Million donation over the summit tournament.

Shovels go in ground in April on a $32 million arena, its happening and the MVC should want NDSU to be a part of it, since NDSU saved the MVFC in the last 5 years and made them the nation's #1 fcs program.

Are you planning to build the arena south of Iowa's northern border? If not then no thanks
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jwa123 » March 18th, 2013, 1:20 pm

Lakesbisons real name is Eddie Haskell.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby rbus » March 18th, 2013, 1:40 pm

nobody wants NDSU/SDSU. They offer nothing. Huge travel costs, small-time arena, minor markets, recruiting wasteland, and no history of success.

Just stop.
rbus
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby nokota » March 18th, 2013, 2:59 pm

bisonnation wrote:Your hatred towards NDSU makes your comments laughable. First off the new basketball arena will by far be the nicest facility of the 4 Dakota Schools. 40 million doesn't lie and were only a few million short. 2nd, out of the 4 Dakota schools, NDSU has the largest attendance since going D1. And up until last year, NDSU had a 10 game winning streak over SDSU.

Both NDSU and SDSU are by far the best choices. You have no idea how much money either school would put into basketball. I do know that a new arena will be able to raise a few million more by itself. That puts us on par with Indiana State. What we spend on other sports has no bearing on what we choose to spend on basketball. Besides football revenue from teammakers goes to all sports which gives us a steady flow of income. And hinting sdsu could drop their football program? They have a very good football team.

And if your going to reference D2, dont forget to include NDSUs 5 womens basketball D 2 National Championships. And dont convienienly forget the womens softball National Championship or the D1 sweet 16 appearance

Just saw this... 5 NCAA Facilities that Rock

Now, I know that UND usually plays basketball in the The Betty, but they do play in the The Ralph when large crowds are expected. You are not saying that renovated BSA is going to be better than one of the 5 NCAA facilities that Rock, are you?
nokota
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby flybird1 » March 20th, 2013, 10:08 am

Haha wrote:I wasn't serious about Omaha, except about the part about taking them over the XDSU's, but look here LakeBison. I keep hearing about what you would build and how much you would invest if in the Valley. Look what Omaha is doing now.

http://www.omaha.com/article/20130317/N ... -community

Seriously I would be ok with Omaha, UMKC (must move back to muni), and Belmont. Somebody has to be bottom feeders and that can be UMKC and Omaha for awhile. Wichita would finally have a couple somewhat similar conference mates (metro based publics with around 15K enrollment) and Belmont would add quality and another private. Best part is none play football.

Nebraska-Omaha and UMKC. Are you serious?
flybird1
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Haha » March 20th, 2013, 10:28 am

Dang Straight I'm serious.

I've finally come to the conclusion that whoever is added isn't going to bump the Valley in status one way or the other. So who cares give me something close to Wichita that doesn't play football.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jwa123 » March 20th, 2013, 10:51 am

I tend to agree with Haha. I don't know if the two schools mentioned are the right choices or not but WSU is on the western edge by themselves. If a school in their neighborhood could be added, I think that's what should be done.
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby unipanther99 » March 20th, 2013, 11:02 am

Maybe one of the MSU posters can fill us in on the politics involved with UMKC. They haven't supported basketball, and as I understand it they are really much more of a satellite campus of the U Mizzu system than they are an individual entity. Decisions to further emphasize athletics would be made in Columbia, not Kansas City, correct?

UNO athletics on the other hand seems to have a head full of steam and the full support of the U Nebrasaka system.
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball