NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby Fargobison » February 8th, 2013, 5:26 pm

BCPanther wrote:I thought NDSU had money, but I am starting to rethink that.

They play football in an off campus facility that they don't own.

UNI is a good comparison with the successful football program. We are paying Farley 294k and Jake gets 500k. Even with 'nattys' they are only paying Bohl 206k and whoever the hell their basketball coach is only making 135k.

Hmmmmm. Seeing the numbers is really starting to change my views on NDSU...

Bohl gets paid a chunk of the gate on top of his base, plus he has a media deal that puts him at around $300k before he gets paid performance incentives. I do think he could ask NDSU for more but recently he has wanted his assistants to get raises, I believe his new contract guarantees that in writing that his assistants will be paid at the top 10 of the FCS. Outside of that his new deal didn't really give him much of a raise.

We play in on campus football facility that we don't fully control. But if somebody is going to build you a new facility on campus it is hard to say no. We also have two new field turf practice fields, new coaches offices and locker rooms that the school/donors all paid for. We are just about ready to break ground on a $32 million basketball facility and there is $6 million indoor track facility that we just built sitting right next to it. Clearly we are in the poor house right now and have no money.
Last edited by Fargobison on February 8th, 2013, 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby squirrel » February 8th, 2013, 5:31 pm

Two things ND has going for it: Cash on hand and jobs.

That should undoubtedly benefit their state institutions.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Lakesbison » February 8th, 2013, 5:40 pm

Rumors are flying today oakland to horizon omaha to wac? I call BS.

but yes, NDSU needs to start pushing the mvc. Rivalry is already there with UNI SIU for NDSU, bigtime hatred.
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Fargobison » February 8th, 2013, 5:44 pm

squirrel wrote:Two things ND has going for it: Cash on hand and jobs.

That should undoubtedly benefit their state institutions.

Yeah I've heard the state will see $5 billion in oil revenue over the next two years. That is big money.

10 years ago the state was only getting $110 million from oil revenue every biennium. Oil and farm commodities have the state flush with cash.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby uniftw » February 8th, 2013, 5:57 pm

Lakesbison wrote:Rumors are flying today oakland to horizon omaha to wac? I call BS.

but yes, NDSU needs to start pushing the mvc. Rivalry is already there with UNI SIU for NDSU, bigtime hatred.

There is no rivalry from the UNI/SIU side. NDSU might feel that way but the fact is UNI and SIU don't give two squirts of piss about NDSU compared to the rest of the MVFC.

The MVFC MVC schools are still basketball first schools...which is exactly why UNI, who is likely the biggest football MVC school has publicly stated they will do nothing with football that will harm the standing in the current MVC in any way.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BCPanther » February 8th, 2013, 5:59 pm

Fargobison wrote:
BCPanther wrote:I thought NDSU had money, but I am starting to rethink that.

They play football in an off campus facility that they don't own.

UNI is a good comparison with the successful football program. We are paying Farley 294k and Jake gets 500k. Even with 'nattys' they are only paying Bohl 206k and whoever the hell their basketball coach is only making 135k.

Hmmmmm. Seeing the numbers is really starting to change my views on NDSU...

Bohl gets paid a chunk of the gate on top of his base, plus he has a media deal that puts him at around $300k before he gets paid performance incentives. I do think he could ask NDSU for more but recently he has wanted his assistants to get raises, I believe his new contract guarantees that in writing that his assistants will be paid at the top 10 of the FCS. Outside of that his new deal didn't really give him much of a raise.

We play in on campus football facility that we don't fully control. But if somebody is going to build you a new facility on campus it is hard to say no. We also have two new field turf practice fields, new coaches offices and locker rooms that the school/donors all paid for. We are just about ready to break ground on a $32 million basketball facility and there is $6 million indoor track facility that we just built sitting right next to it. Clearly we are in the poor house right now and have no money.

Didn't mean to imply there was no money, just thought you were more or less swimming in oil money and maybe that's not the case...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Lakesbison » February 8th, 2013, 6:43 pm

Uni & NDSU hate each other your actions prove that.

NDSU stole uni's def coach, starting cornerback last year

This year NDSU stole uni's prize recruit at 2 am day of signing day.

There are scuffles on and off field every game. Rivalry.

2 titles in 5 years NDSU 0 in 35 years UNI rivalry
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jwa123 » February 8th, 2013, 7:52 pm

Lakesbison wrote:Uni & NDSU hate each other your actions prove that.

NDSU stole uni's def coach, starting cornerback last year

This year NDSU stole uni's prize recruit at 2 am day of signing day.

There are scuffles on and off field every game. Rivalry.

2 titles in 5 years NDSU 0 in 35 years UNI rivalry

HOW TO WIN FRIENDS AND INFLUENCE PEOPLE

Also, you earlier stated that NDSU "needs to start pushing the MVC" and that statement assumes you have leverage which you don't. The MVC doesn't need NDSU nor does the MVFC.

Tell us what conference you want it - the MVC, MWC or the MAC? You're everywhere dude.

Finally, do I have a motion on the floor to close this thread?
jwa123
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby isumvc1 » February 8th, 2013, 8:03 pm

a tweet from the Chicago State University AD from last night stated "You have not seen anything yet"

From what I could gather there is info out there about the 4 dakota schools joining the WAC, so that will solve all our problems and get rid of these MVC wanna be posters
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Fargobison » February 8th, 2013, 8:23 pm

isumvc1 wrote:a tweet from the Chicago State University AD from last night stated "You have not seen anything yet"

From what I could gather there is info out there about the 4 dakota schools joining the WAC, so that will solve all our problems and get rid of these MVC wanna be posters

That has about as good of chance of happening as lakes being named the internet's most likable message board poster.

I don't mean to bash on lakes, he is a good guy if you meet him in person but he comes on pretty strong on the internet.
Last edited by Fargobison on February 8th, 2013, 8:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Fargobison
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball