NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby Western4Life » March 17th, 2013, 1:32 pm

I cheer for BU but am more involved with Western. Attachments to both schools and conference realignment is interesting to me.

My discussion of adding Western is used sarcastically to compare schools. I think that every school can have success with the right hires. It will be a change for everyone for sure.
Last edited by Western4Life on March 17th, 2013, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Western4Life
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isumvc1 » March 17th, 2013, 1:47 pm

good God, dakota territorial school fans need to GO AWAY

You're fans aren't WANTED or NEEDED here, you're NOT getting into the MVC

GO AWAY
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » March 17th, 2013, 3:34 pm

isumvc1 wrote:good God, dakota territorial school fans need to GO AWAY

You're fans aren't WANTED or NEEDED here, you're NOT getting into the MVC

GO AWAY

This can't really be repeated enough times...
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby FeartheQ » March 17th, 2013, 7:02 pm

I'd take the Dakota schools if it kept more private schools from getting in.
FeartheQ
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 17th, 2013, 7:23 pm

FeartheQ wrote:I'd take the Dakota schools if it kept more private schools from getting in.

I am half way in your camp. Sort of like a minor league baseball player in Spring Training I guess. I like what the Dakota schools have to offer but am a fan of Belmont and ORU too. Since ORU has reportedly said no it makes it easier for me to favor the alternatives.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby nokota » March 17th, 2013, 8:15 pm

bisonnation wrote:Your hatred towards NDSU makes your comments laughable. First off the new basketball arena will by far be the nicest facility of the 4 Dakota Schools. 40 million doesn't lie and were only a few million short. 2nd, out of the 4 Dakota schools, NDSU has the largest attendance since going D1. And up until last year, NDSU had a 10 game winning streak over SDSU.

Both NDSU and SDSU are by far the best choices. You have no idea how much money either school would put into basketball. I do know that a new arena will be able to raise a few million more by itself. That puts us on par with Indiana State. What we spend on other sports has no bearing on what we choose to spend on basketball. Besides football revenue from teammakers goes to all sports which gives us a steady flow of income. And hinting sdsu could drop their football program? They have a very good football team.

And if your going to reference D2, dont forget to include NDSUs 5 womens basketball D 2 National Championships. And dont convienienly forget the womens softball National Championship or the D1 sweet 16 appearance

A little touchy here aren't you? No, I don't know how much either school would put into basketball and neither do you. My point is that SDSU has been more of a basketball first school. NDSU is a football first school. SDSU has a better basketball history and they have geography over NDSU. MVC is a basketball first league. NDSU doesn't fit that mold.

In regards to my comment about SDSU dropping football... yes, they have done quite well transitioning from D2 to FCS, but if they really wanted to become something like a Gonzaga, they could drop football and put all of their eggs in the basketball errr, basket.
nokota
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Haha » March 17th, 2013, 8:22 pm

I would honestly take Omaha and Kansas City over the XDSUs regardless of performance.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Lakesbison » March 17th, 2013, 11:20 pm

Omaha and umkc over NDSU/sdsu that's hilarious
Lakesbison
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Haha » March 18th, 2013, 3:08 am

No, it would suck but much less than traveling to the Dakotas.
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kip Dynamite » March 18th, 2013, 6:45 am

Lakesbison wrote:Ignore the und hockey goon.. how can anyone respect a word after she said this
"North Dakota was fortunate to get an invitation to join the Big Sky"

the big sky is ranked close to last in conf rpi your garbage team was 268 of 311 & finished 3rd haha.

NDSU/SDSU had 6670 at game full arena capacity could've sold 10,000 NDSU fans couldn't get tickets because sdsu fans were allowed to get tickets early and 2000 corporate tix for sponsors all went to them in sioux falls.

NDSU and sdsu deserve to be in mvc. Make it 12 teams with east/west divisions.

Uni
Drake
Ndsu
Sdsu
Miss state
Wichita

East
Evansville
Ill state
Ind st
Bradley
Siu
Belmont?

NDSU and SDSU have about as much of a chance of getting in as the University of North Korea and the University of South Korea do. Not gonna happen.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball