NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NDSU/SDSU to MVC asap.

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » March 12th, 2013, 11:28 am

Lakesbison wrote:Watch your future on ESPN2 8PM NDSU v sdsu for the big dance.

I am really looking forward to this one tonight. Two great coaches in Nagy against Saul Phillips. Nate Wolters is kind of a poor man's Luke Ridenhour. But Tim Brando definitely thinks he could play for Creighton. Just kidding...well sorta.

I want to see the crowd support that the team schools get. Like it or not there remains a possibility that these two schools could be our future. And if they are I want to take a good look at their traditions, enthusiasm, etc. I am rooting for SDSU slightly because I think they have a little better chance of pulling an upset in the tournament. Should be a great game.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Veritas » March 12th, 2013, 11:56 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

I am really looking forward to this one tonight. Two great coaches in Nagy against Saul Phillips. Nate Wolters is kind of a poor man's Luke Ridenhour. But Tim Brando definitely thinks he could play for Creighton. Just kidding...well sorta.

I want to see the crowd support that the team schools get. Like it or not there remains a possibility that these two schools could be our future. And if they are I want to take a good look at their traditions, enthusiasm, etc. I am rooting for SDSU slightly because I think they have a little better chance of pulling an upset in the tournament. Should be a great game.

I will need to adjust my thinking if these Dakota teams become part of the MoVal. My first thought after reading NDSU vs SDSU is....Why the heck is North Dakota State playing San Diego State.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby AndShock » March 12th, 2013, 5:34 pm

How about we just make it a play-in game into the Valley? Winner gets a spot.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » March 12th, 2013, 10:52 pm

Wolters looked like the only player on the court tonight that would be MVC ready.

I watched the game and really wanted to come away wrong about my notion they are bottom half MVC teams...I don't think I was.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Shocktop42 » March 13th, 2013, 8:04 am

uniftw wrote:Wolters looked like the only player on the court tonight that would be MVC ready.

I watched the game and really wanted to come away wrong about my notion they are bottom half MVC teams...I don't think I was.

I watched most of the game. From a defensive perspective, I think that both teams would be superior to most of the teams in our conference. Offensively, Wolters and Braun were the stars. The kid who hit all the 3's for NDSU was also quite good. The dykstra kid for SDSU was also dangerous considering his ability to hit the 3 as a big man.

If SDSU/NDSU were in the MVC today (without CU), they would finish in the top half. I have no doubt in my mind.
Shocktop42
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SDSUFan » March 13th, 2013, 1:23 pm

Shocktop42, thanks for the fair assessment. Not sure how well we could compete in the MVC as your conference is a definite step up, but at least you didn't just come on and say they suck because they are from the Dakota's.

It's seems pretty apparent that we won't be joining your conference anytime soon so best of luck to both the MVC and Summit. Hopefully once the raiding of conferences is done both of us will be come away headed in the right direction. :Cheers:
SDSUFan
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby C0|db|00ded » March 13th, 2013, 1:24 pm

Shoxtop42 is a BJ troll and not a very good one.

T

...:cool:
Last edited by C0|db|00ded on March 13th, 2013, 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C0|db|00ded
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Kip Dynamite » March 13th, 2013, 1:25 pm

Well neither team is going to get an invite to the conference so what difference does it make where they might or might not finish?
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Shocktop42 » March 13th, 2013, 1:31 pm

Coldblooded's comment made my day. To have him call me a troll is quite amusing.

I was just trying to give my take on SDSU and NDSU. Nothing more.

My guess is that they are not in the mix for the MVC (but who knows what will happen when CU leave in 2014-2015).

Things could be much different then.
Shocktop42
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby jacksfan29 » March 14th, 2013, 11:33 am

uniftw wrote:Wolters looked like the only player on the court tonight that would be MVC ready.

Do you really believe this? Or does your dislike for the two schools trump your ability to assess the ability of the BB programs you watched. The reality is that Drake nor none of the other MVC bottom half teams could go into the Pit and beat New Mexico. That being said, its a moot point. No matter what LakesBison wants (you haven't banned him yet? Why?) neither SDSU or NDSU will be going into the MVC anytime soon. If we do, it will be due to the conference imploding with a number of teams beside CU leaving. Personally I think most SDSU fans are fine where we are. Now, if I may; a couple misconceptions that need to be cleared up.

One, we are not a FB centric school as stated on here by a poster. We have always been a BB school first and foremost. We saw very little success in FB till we moved up to FCS. The reason our FB improved? We moved up with NDSU and we either had to get better, or become irrelevent.

Two, the idea that there are "Dakota" fans on here touting both schools entry into the MVC is incorrect. I have looked through the entire thread and the only two "Dakota" fans I have seen saying anything about either school getting an invite are both from NDSU. We are two very different schools located in two very different states. I would think that a fan of UNI football would already be aware of that.

Three, LakesBison assertion that NDSU has solid fan support for their BB program is a farce. In 2009 they drew a large number of fans to Minneapolis for their first NCAA tournament game. NDSU is a FB school. If anyone on this site really did watch the ESPN2 broadcast of the Summit Championship ask yourself something. What color dominated the arena? All I saw was blue with very small pockets of green and gold mixed in. Some from NDSU will tell you this is due to the game being played in South Dakota. OK, that afternoon 6,200 attended the women's championship between SDSU and USD (University of South Dakota). The fans in attendance at the women's game were 90% or more SDSU, the rest were dressed in red and cheering for the other South Dakota school which is also located a mere 60 miles from the site of the game. SDSU is a BB school that has a much improved FB program. We have a very solid BB fan base that does travel well for big games. Not the kind of made up numbers Lakes throws out, but decent just the same.

As the only other SDSU fan on here said, here is hoping both conferences get what they want and here's to both conferences surviving and thriving far into the future. Unfortunately, with what is going on in College BB today; I doubt I will get my wish. So really all I can hope for is that my school (SDSU, not to be confused with NDSU) be forced into the mess that is the new WAC/Great West. I will now leave you to your conference. Personally I enjoy watching MVC BB and I hope, when you do invite someone; you get a top mid-major not an ORU to replace CU.
jacksfan29
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball