UNI @ Bradley 2/10

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: UNI @ Bradley 2/10

Postby uniftw » February 10th, 2013, 4:44 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Wow. Talk about two different games. UNI did whatever it wanted in the first half, Walt Lemon and Simms-Edwards did whatever they wanted in the second half. UNI made the plays and I think the Panther depth played a role.

Glad BU battled back and didn't get blown out. Happy DSE had a great game. The two BU guards had 50 of Bradley's 65 points. UNI with a lot more balance.

Question for UNI fans....I like your team. I actually think your talent is pretty good. Im not sure why the wins haven't been there. The question---can Tuttle and Koch not post up? Do they have no post game? Both guys spend 65% of their time on the three point line. Tuttle kept trying to dribble drive and turned it over.

I understand that is how the offense is designed some but some post play is needed IMO.

I think there are 5 teams (Jays, Shox, Sycs, Birds and Panthers) who could win in St. Louis. The other five cannot.
They can, and they are both rather effective when they do...they just don't do a it enough, and that is what irritates UNI fans a lot of times. They are both great defenders on the block, and very good on offense but not utilized that way enough. Koch was/is/will always be more comfortable in a 3.5 role rather than a 4.

What's even more frustrating is that UNI is 11 points from being in first place in the league right now.

4 to ISUb 3 to Eville 1 to ISUb on a controverial and 3 to Eville in OT
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Majik45 » February 10th, 2013, 5:27 pm

UNI won this game at the free throw line. 17 of 18 is ridiculous. Bradley just got down too far in the first half. Too bad we had to waste a career game by Dyricus today, especially his 2nd half performance.

UNI did what it needed to do to win, make free throws and make 3's. Congrats on a good win.
Majik45
All MVC
All MVC

Postby UNIFanSince1983 » February 10th, 2013, 9:38 pm

Recently got back from being in Peoria. Wow what a game! I thought it was going to go the way of the one in Cedar Falls. Then DSE and Lemon decided they were not going to let BU go out with out a fight. Sims-Edwards put on a shooting performance I hadn't seen since Osiris went off against us in the 2009 MVC Champ game. Incredible game, and Bradley has a pretty darn good atmosphere. This was my first time in Carver. Lots of fans with lots of passion. I just don't think the arena is set up real well. Overall, it was a great time.

If Bradley finds any sort of other scoring they will be dangerous the rest of the way. Good Luck Braves and Go PANTHERS!
UNIFanSince1983
All MVC
All MVC

Postby MoBraves » February 11th, 2013, 9:48 am

saluki762 wrote:Not sure I have ever actually stated it here before. I hate every other MVC school but there is a special kind of hate in my heart for Bradley. While I wish you could both lose terribly, I will begrudgingly root for UNI to hold on.

:Cheers:

Not sure where your "hate" for BU comes in.
And since we're both in Illinois and you're not Illinois St., I root for SIU as my 2nd fave team in the Valley behind BU. Oh well - to each his own.
Not hatin' you because YOU hate.

And if you claim to "hate" every other MVC school, maybe you should ask yourself why you're on this board. I think almost all of us root for the MVC other than when our school plays them.
I even want ISU-red to do well AFTER the MVC season, even though I strongly dislike them during the conference season.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoBraves » February 11th, 2013, 9:53 am

UNIFanSince1983 wrote:Recently got back from being in Peoria. Wow what a game! I thought it was going to go the way of the one in Cedar Falls. Then DSE and Lemon decided they were not going to let BU go out with out a fight. Sims-Edwards put on a shooting performance I hadn't seen since Osiris went off against us in the 2009 MVC Champ game. Incredible game, and Bradley has a pretty darn good atmosphere. This was my first time in Carver. Lots of fans with lots of passion. I just don't think the arena is set up real well. Overall, it was a great time.

If Bradley finds any sort of other scoring they will be dangerous the rest of the way. Good Luck Braves and Go PANTHERS!

Thanks for the wishes, UNIFan-1983. Glad you had a nice 1st experience to Carver. I agree - it's not the best setup, but when the fans get into it, it makes everything come to life!

I never underestimate your Panthers - not just because of what damage they've done to BU in the past decade, but they are a very experienced team with great shooters.
I was only confident for about 1 minute of last night's game (down 2 with the ball late) because I knew the Panthers were poised and determined to come out victorious.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby MoBraves » February 11th, 2013, 9:59 am

tribecalledquest wrote:Question for UNI fans....I like your team. I actually think your talent is pretty good. Im not sure why the wins haven't been there. The question---can Tuttle and Koch not post up? Do they have no post game? Both guys spend 65% of their time on the three point line. Tuttle kept trying to dribble drive and turned it over.

Very good talent IMO, and I believe the offense they run could be better. This is Jacobsen's worst job as head coach IMO - and very disappointing to be where they're at with the talent they have. I thought at the very worst, they'd be an NIT team (seeded #4 or better), and thought the chance was good for them to be in At-Large discussion.
MoBraves
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby valleychamp » February 11th, 2013, 10:20 am

MoBraves wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Question for UNI fans....I like your team. I actually think your talent is pretty good. Im not sure why the wins haven't been there. The question---can Tuttle and Koch not post up? Do they have no post game? Both guys spend 65% of their time on the three point line. Tuttle kept trying to dribble drive and turned it over.

Very good talent IMO, and I believe the offense they run could be better. This is Jacobsen's worst job as head coach IMO - and very disappointing to be where they're at with the talent they have. I thought at the very worst, they'd be an NIT team (seeded #4 or better), and thought the chance was good for them to be in At-Large discussion.

It has been disappointing for sure, and they should have performed better throughout this year given the talent/experience they have this year. That said, they are literally 1 or 2 plays away from being in first place right now. UNI has been a really unlucky team this year.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball