Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Tennessee vs. WSU at Intrust Bank Arena 1pm 12/14 ESPN2

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Black » December 14th, 2013, 5:31 pm

I guess those evansville fans should worry more about the Jackson States of the world.
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby bleach » December 14th, 2013, 5:35 pm

I guess we saw different games. My 16 yr old son and I both thought the Shox looked very beatable. We both rode the Shox final 4 ride last year but thought they looked REAL good 4 players deep and there wasn't much else this year. Tenn isn't very good (not poor by any means) and played the Shox equal.

Not saying they won't win the league but expected a little more depth to be there.
bleach
All MVC
All MVC

Postby agrinut » December 14th, 2013, 5:55 pm

Wufan wrote:
agrinut wrote:Cotton was incredible, if he can continue to be a threat offensively Wichita will be extremely tough to guard. Just a question, does Early need to be sit down so he can reevaluate where he is on the team. He seems selfish the times I've watched him this year, low BBIQ.

Cotton was a man! The Shocker starting guards are 111:38 A:TO ratio on the season. Carter starting to look like a player! Early does not play well in a physical game. Fun game to watch! Shockers looked good.

Well that would be why I'm thinking that, had the same opinion against SLU.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » December 14th, 2013, 5:59 pm

bleach wrote:Not saying they won't win the league but expected a little more depth to be there.

10-0 isn't impressive to you? 4-0 record against top 100 RPI teams? WSU has 4 of the Valley's 9 top 100 RPI wins, and two of the three top 50 wins (and that's not even counting Tennessee, who are forecast as #51). There are certainly weaknesses, but let's be real ... this is one of the best starts in Valley history.

I do think our depth is a bit off right now. I think Darius Carter is starting to come on, though, which is pretty typical for a JUCO newcomer adjusting to D1 ball. Coleby's been a bit of a disappointment for me, as has Wessel, and Wiggins is off-and-on. Lufile is much better than I expected, though.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » December 14th, 2013, 6:04 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Bluejay09Bear06 wrote:Shox just keep rolling. Question: is Cuonzo's seat getting hot in Knoxville?

From what I have seen on the Tennessee site - very hot. They are not impressed with him and are starting to complain.

Eh. Let's see how they do in the SEC. That looked like a tournament team to me, and I think feelings will change by the end of the season.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » December 14th, 2013, 6:14 pm

bleach wrote:I guess we saw different games. My 16 yr old son and I both thought the Shox looked very beatable.

Are you related to Captain Obvious? Even as a final 4 team last year WSU was very beatable. So I'm not really sure what your point is except trolling.

Tenn isn't very good (not poor by any means) and played the Shox equal.

Tenn. played WSU even in the first half, WSU beat them in the 2nd half by 10 points. That is not playing the "shox equal". It was a 9 point win over an SEC team.

Not saying they won't win the league but expected a little more depth to be there.

Only 4 players impressed you? I assume Coleby was the one starter that didn't? What about Carter who came off the bench for 14 RB's and scored 11?

It does seem that between Coleby/Lufile/Carter - it not that consistent of who is going to emerge from game to game. I suppose Coleby is starting because he's doing the best in practice, but Lufile has been more consistent in the games and this was probably Carter best game.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » December 14th, 2013, 6:28 pm

bleach wrote:I guess we saw different games. My 16 yr old son and I both thought the Shox looked very beatable. We both rode the Shox final 4 ride last year but thought they looked REAL good 4 players deep and there wasn't much else this year. Tenn isn't very good (not poor by any means) and played the Shox equal.

Well since no team is going to go undefeated, then I guess all 351 are "beatable".

But that's not exactly what you meant, so let's clarify a couple of things.

You and your 16 year old son don't know squat about basketball.

Can Duke beat WSU, Kentucky, Kansas? Of course. Can WSU beat them? You bet. It's going to be about coaching and who plays well that day.

But make no mistake. This WSU team is on a different level than the rest of the Valley. Somebody will catch them on an off day, or when their team is hot, and hats off to them when it happens. But don't act like WSU is vulnerable to anyone in the Valley. Maybe if 3 starters miss the conference again, maybe.

By the way, when Baker is healthy, WSU is 25-3 in his career. You could almost say 25-2 because he was hurt going into the UT game last season, but then you'd have to not count today's game.

They are beatable, but only if they beat themselves in this league.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wushockduke » December 14th, 2013, 6:53 pm

Cotton is a stud.

Glad the Shocks won, but that dunk from Tennessee, I think it was McRae?, that should have been worth 4 points! Wow!
Wushockduke
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby agrinut » December 14th, 2013, 7:07 pm

2livewu wrote:
bleach wrote:I guess we saw different games. My 16 yr old son and I both thought the Shox looked very beatable. We both rode the Shox final 4 ride last year but thought they looked REAL good 4 players deep and there wasn't much else this year. Tenn isn't very good (not poor by any means) and played the Shox equal.

Well since no team is going to go undefeated, then I guess all 351 are "beatable".

But that's not exactly what you meant, so let's clarify a couple of things.

You and your 16 year old son don't know squat about basketball.

Can Duke beat WSU, Kentucky, Kansas? Of course. Can WSU beat them? You bet. It's going to be about coaching and who plays well that day.

But make no mistake. This WSU team is on a different level than the rest of the Valley. Somebody will catch them on an off day, or when their team is hot, and hats off to them when it happens. But don't act like WSU is vulnerable to anyone in the Valley. Maybe if 3 starters miss the conference again, maybe.

By the way, when Baker is healthy, WSU is 25-3 in his career. You could almost say 25-2 because he was hurt going into the UT game last season, but then you'd have to not count today's game.

They are beatable, but only if they beat themselves in this league.

That is a ridiculous statistic! Only loses are too Ranked Creighton in the Stl and the national champs.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball