Tennessee vs. WSU at Intrust Bank Arena 1pm 12/14 ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Tennessee vs. WSU at Intrust Bank Arena 1pm 12/14 ESPN2

Postby Cdizzle » December 15th, 2013, 2:57 pm

bleach wrote:
Wufan wrote:
You expected too much to think WSU was going to crush an athletic SEC team.

My expectations were formed reading this forum.
There is a thread about 25 pages long extolling the greatness of Baker and Van Vleet. There is another thread that has Early as the easy winner of POY. There is another thread about the Shox national rank. Etc, etc, etc.

WSU is 10-0. Seems like that should be living up to whatever expectations you've formed.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » December 15th, 2013, 2:59 pm

bleach wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:What part of 13-1 against average-great competition didn't lose a step at 17-8 against average competition? The fact that WSU could lose 3 starters and play .670 is really good. But let's not pretend that the healthier version wasn't on another level.

Excuse me? English please. I may be from SWOMO but don't unerstand hillbillyeze.

Okay. I will try to make it easier for you.

WSU minus starters - good.

WSU with (most) starters - Final Four good.

Still not sure you'll comprehend, as "Final Four" probably doesn't make much sense to you.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » December 15th, 2013, 3:01 pm

bleach wrote:
Wufan wrote:
You expected too much to think WSU was going to crush an athletic SEC team.

My expectations were formed reading this forum.
There is a thread about 25 pages long extolling the greatness of Baker and Van Vleet. There is another thread that has Early as the easy winner of POY. There is another thread about the Shox national rank. Etc, etc, etc.

So condensing your various viewpoints:

You think WSU is down from last year, yet think they could go undefeated heading into St. Louis, which would be one of the greatest seasons in basketball history. And have a problem with the national rank.

You think the starting four (Baker, Van Vleet, Early, Cotton) are "great," yet have a problem with a thread "extolling the greatness" of two of those and discussing Early as a POY candidate.

So ... okay?

No one's ever said WSU was unbeatable. You're creating a strawman and then badly trying to attack it.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » December 15th, 2013, 3:12 pm

ACECARD wrote:No "Valley" logo?

I'm sure the Valley was welcome to purchase a court with their logo on it, for WSU to use.

Don't openly root against the Shockers and then act upset when they aren't running ads for your team. Not sure that kind of advertising really helps teams get into the CIT anyway.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » December 15th, 2013, 3:18 pm

The level of condescension and elitism by some of you Shocker posters is so astounding. It actually reads like satire, but it amazingly is not.

Note to other posters, you may as well not type any sort of comment that can be interpreted as desparaging toward the WSU team, because if you do, you end up with stupid 7 page threads like this one.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » December 15th, 2013, 3:21 pm

valleychamp wrote:The level of condescension and elitism by some of you Shocker posters is so astounding. It actually reads like satire, but it amazingly is not.

Note to other posters, you may as well not type any sort of comment that can be interpreted as desparaging toward the WSU team, because if you do, you end up with stupid 7 page threads like this one.

That has been the case on some threads, but not this one. Bleach and Acecard were attempting to pick a fight. You seem surprised that anyone showed up.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » December 15th, 2013, 3:27 pm

valleychamp wrote:The level of condescension and elitism by some of you Shocker posters is so astounding. It actually reads like satire, but it amazingly is not.

If pointing out records of my team is condescension, that really doesn't sound like my problem.

There is probably a 5:1 ratio of posters actively rooting against WSU to condescending WSU posters.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ACECARD » December 15th, 2013, 3:30 pm

+10. WSU fans are out of control.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » December 15th, 2013, 3:38 pm

Wufan wrote:

That has been the case on some threads, but not this one. Bleach and Acecard were attempting to pick a fight. You seem surprised that anyone showed up.

I wasn't picking anything. The poster asked a question, and I answered it.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Black » December 15th, 2013, 4:13 pm

Why can't you just say good win and move on? WSU fans have been doing it on your UNI thread without picking you apart.

WSU is a Top 10 team and you have posters here coming to try and knock them down, even in winning. Why don't you save it for when WSU loses? Because WSU will eventually lose. But I'm going to go ahead and assume if you or any other Valley team was coming off a FF and ranked in the Top 10 in the nation, you probably wouldn't take constant criticism after wins well either. I think WSU fans have a little room to gloat considering the fact that they are carrying this conference right now. If WSU was gone, the Valley would be around the 20th best conference.

So please spare us with the nagginess. If you don't want to read about WSU, don't click on a WSU-related thread.
Last edited by Black on December 15th, 2013, 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball