Tennessee vs. WSU at Intrust Bank Arena 1pm 12/14 ESPN2

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Tennessee vs. WSU at Intrust Bank Arena 1pm 12/14 ESPN2

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 14th, 2013, 7:13 pm

Snaggletooth wrote:
Red wrote:2000 tickets remaining. With the home schedules that WSU fans got this year you'd think they'd be knocking down the doors trying to see an actual decent OOC opponent.

The amount of tickets sold for this game is the equivalent to:

EU - 3.7 Home games
ISUR - 3.3 Home games
LUC - 7.8 Home games
BU - 2.4 Home games
ISUB - 2.4 home games
UNI - 4.1 home games

Snag, I love your post.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 14th, 2013, 7:19 pm

agrinut wrote:
rlh04d wrote:Shocker fans really need to cool down the arrogance.

Anywho, incredible game. Cotton single handedly took that game over and won it at the end. His block on an easy layup with the and-one on the other side completely changed the momentum.

First 10-0 start in WSU history. Amazing.

Cotton was incredible, if he can continue to be a threat offensively Wichita will be extremely tough to guard. Just a question, does Early need to be sit down so he can reevaluate where he is on the team. He seems selfish the times I've watched him this year, low BBIQ.

The last shot that Early took was straight out of the dumb department. What in the hell was he thinking, besides point padding.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » December 14th, 2013, 7:24 pm

bleach wrote:I guess we saw different games. My 16 yr old son and I both thought the Shox looked very beatable. We both rode the Shox final 4 ride last year but thought they looked REAL good 4 players deep and there wasn't much else this year. Tenn isn't very good (not poor by any means) and played the Shox equal.

Not saying they won't win the league but expected a little more depth to be there.

In the Tenn game, I can see where the team looked 4 deep to you. Baker's injury was partly the cause.

I thought the team went 4.5 deep today. Three starters, one bench and I give Baker a 0.5.

If Wiggins does not get untracked offensively, a lack of effective bench players will bite sooner or later.
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Black » December 14th, 2013, 9:59 pm

bleach wrote:I guess we saw different games. My 16 yr old son and I both thought the Shox looked very beatable. We both rode the Shox final 4 ride last year but thought they looked REAL good 4 players deep and there wasn't much else this year. Tenn isn't very good (not poor by any means) and played the Shox equal.

Not saying they won't win the league but expected a little more depth to be there.

Name me any team in the country and I'll point out some weaknesses for you. If you're expecting to see the 1976 Indiana Hoosiers, you're expectations are a bit too high.

It's kinda hard starting out 10-0, especially against some decent competition with everybody gunning after you. Considering that early looked lost for a large part of the game, and Baker was playing with half a good ankle, I'll take a 9 point win over a high to mid sec team. Still covered the spread.
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Black » December 14th, 2013, 10:00 pm

agrinut wrote:That is a ridiculous statistic! Only loses are too Ranked Creighton in the Stl and the national champs.

That is crazy. Wow.
Black
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby iSASO » December 14th, 2013, 11:16 pm

Man I hope you and your son are coaching whichever Valley team you are a fan of. You shouldn't watch any tape or prep for them at all because WSU is sooo beatable. Will you venture a score prediction for your team versus WSU, right here and right now?
Random MVCFans.com member, circa 2007: "Gregg Marshall is in over his head in this conference."
iSASO
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » December 14th, 2013, 11:54 pm

Ricardo del Rio wrote:
agrinut wrote:
rlh04d wrote:Shocker fans really need to cool down the arrogance.

Anywho, incredible game. Cotton single handedly took that game over and won it at the end. His block on an easy layup with the and-one on the other side completely changed the momentum.

First 10-0 start in WSU history. Amazing.

Cotton was incredible, if he can continue to be a threat offensively Wichita will be extremely tough to guard. Just a question, does Early need to be sit down so he can reevaluate where he is on the team. He seems selfish the times I've watched him this year, low BBIQ.

The last shot that Early took was straight out of the dumb department. What in the hell was he thinking, besides point padding.

I agree with all of this. But I will add that with a player like Early, I think that he will begin to find his shot this year. I will also add that Early is doing enough other things that he is still a very nice player (not POY good but still very good).With Early, you have to take some bad with good. While I hope he makes better shot choices as the year goes on (I believe that Marshall is working with him on it w/o taking away his spirit), one thing that has made him good is that he believes that he'll make every shot. He's a scorer and he's expanded his repertoire this year. He drives the ball more (and dunks it), he is posting up better than last year, he is rebounding a little better, and his defense is a little better. When his shot comes totally back, he will be a big factor to be reckoned with.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby rlh04d » December 15th, 2013, 12:22 am

Black wrote:
agrinut wrote:That is a ridiculous statistic! Only loses are too Ranked Creighton in the Stl and the national champs.

That is crazy. Wow.

And the teams those 25 wins came against:

VCU - 26
Iowa - 59
AF - 83
Pitt - 44
Gonzaga - 7
La Salle - 30
Ohio State - 8
BYU - (22)
Saint Louis - (30)
Oral Roberts - (91)
Tennessee - (51)

Three losses last season were to Tennessee (66), Creighton (23), and Louisville (2). (This year's RPI's from RPI Forecast.) 28 games career games and Baker has a 11-3 record against top 100 RPI teams, 7-2 against top 50.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wushockduke » December 15th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Wufan wrote:
Wushockduke wrote:Cotton is a stud.

Glad the Shocks won, but that dunk from Tennessee, I think it was McRae?, that should have been worth 4 points! Wow!

Hats off to him for that dunk! Hats off to the crowd for taunting him to the point that he screamed a profanity afterward and got T'd up.

Yeah that was the best part. Not too many teams will get a dunk like that against the Shocks this year. I also think the Shocks are good second half is partly due to other teams being stoked to play a Final Four team from last seadson, and during the second half the Shocks start wearing them down
Wushockduke
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Cdizzle » December 15th, 2013, 1:55 pm

rlh04d wrote:
Black wrote:

That is crazy. Wow.

And the teams those 25 wins came against:

VCU - 26
Iowa - 59
AF - 83
Pitt - 44
Gonzaga - 7
La Salle - 30
Ohio State - 8
BYU - (22)
Saint Louis - (30)
Oral Roberts - (91)
Tennessee - (51)

Three losses last season were to Tennessee (66), Creighton (23), and Louisville (2). (This year's RPI's from RPI Forecast.) 28 games career games and Baker has a 11-3 record against top 100 RPI teams, 7-2 against top 50.

Also of note, only 2 of those games took place in Wichita, and only one in Koch arena. None of the losses occurred in Wichita.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball