PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Re: Previewing next years MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jturner38 » April 29th, 2014, 9:27 am

Ind st has one more scholarship open and I believe Lansing will save it. So it looks like Ind st roster is set. Which by the way Brenton Scott is back on the team and did all the necessary steps to get back on the team.

I think this is how our Lineup will look.
14-15 Sycamore Roster:

Brenton Scott (RsSo) /Charles "Tre" Bennett (Jr) - or Bennett could start, Brenton Redshirted tho
DeVonte Brown (Jr) /Grant Prusator (SO) - Prusator could start as well bc he is purely a shooter, Brown isnt
Khristian Smith (Jr)/Alex Ethertington (RsSO)
Justin Gant (Sr) /Brandon Burnett (Jr)
Jake Kitchell/Tj Bell

RS: Brandon Murphy, Laquarious Paige - Murphy doesnt redshirt if he outworks Bell.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » April 29th, 2014, 10:49 am

I'd go with--

1-WSU
2-UNI
3-MSU
4-IlSt
5-SIU
6-UE
7-InSU
8-Loyola
9-Bradley
10-Drake

I think the top 3 have a chance to really separate themselves and its a majorly disappointing year for UNI without a bid.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » April 29th, 2014, 11:23 am

jturner38 wrote:Ind st has one more scholarship open and I believe Lansing will save it. So it looks like Ind st roster is set. Which by the way Brenton Scott is back on the team and did all the necessary steps to get back on the team.

14-15 Sycamore Roster:

Brenton Scott (RsSo) /Charles "Tre" Bennett (Jr) - or Bennett could start, Brenton Redshirted tho
DeVonte Brown (Jr) /Grant Prusator (SO) - Prusator could start as well bc he is purely a shooter, Brown isnt
Jake Kitchell/Tj Bell

RS: Brandon Murphy, Laquarious Paige - Murphy doesnt redshirt if he outworks Bell.

Smith, Kitchell and Gant is a good nucleus to build a team around. DeVonte Brown is a decent player as well. Don't know the other guys, but just based on this and Lansing as a coach, I would say InSU could challenge for top 3.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jturner38 » April 29th, 2014, 2:38 pm

shockem wrote:
jturner38 wrote:Ind st has one more scholarship open and I believe Lansing will save it. So it looks like Ind st roster is set. Which by the way Brenton Scott is back on the team and did all the necessary steps to get back on the team.

14-15 Sycamore Roster:

Jake Kitchell/Tj Bell

Smith, Kitchell and Gant is a good nucleus to build a team around. DeVonte Brown is a decent player as well. Don't know the other guys, but just based on this and Lansing as a coach, I would say InSU could challenge for top 3.

Top 3 is not impossible its just with the unknowns nobody sees it. I think this will really tell us more about Lansing as coach. He had Odum for 4 years so most of the decision making he let Odum do. It will be interesting to see how he has the offense ran and if K. Smith becomes the go to guy which I fully expect he will.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby siudawgs » April 30th, 2014, 7:38 am

I like the Trees but I think the above projections are very optimistic. I'd expect them to play Thursday and possibly finish ninth or 10th next year in an improved MVC.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » April 30th, 2014, 9:02 am

Good to see some life injected into the Bradley fan base. They were getting to be a sad bunch. Hopefully some excitement around this class draws some folks to the early games, and they see enough potential to keep coming back. The erosion of that fan base has not been a good thing for the Valley.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jturner38 » April 30th, 2014, 9:57 am

siudawgs wrote:I like the Trees but I think the above projections are very optimistic. I'd expect them to play Thursday and possibly finish ninth or 10th next year in an improved MVC.

No way. Bradley, Loyola, and Drake I expect to play on Thursday. Evansville will probably be back on Thursday. I dont believe IN st will drop down to play on Thursday. Youre giving others too much credit.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BUFANATIC79 » April 30th, 2014, 10:15 am

I understand that Bradley isn't a world beater now because of the Cunningham signing, but what do people think of the Braves? While I'm biased, I'd take us over Drake, Loyola, ISUb, and E'ville... I did hear that the Aces have a good class coming in.
BUFANATIC79
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby siudawgs » April 30th, 2014, 10:27 am

BUFANATIC79 wrote:I understand that Bradley isn't a world beater now because of the Cunningham signing, but what do people think of the Braves? While I'm biased, I'd take us over Drake, Loyola, ISUb, and E'ville... I did hear that the Aces have a good class coming in.

Bradley will have the athleticism, size and depth to avoid Thursday, and the fan base is energized now, too. Chemistry with so many new faces and coaching (Geno has quite a bit to prove) are the big variables.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball