2014-15 Schedules?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2014-15 Schedules?

Postby rlh04d » March 20th, 2014, 1:02 am

I'm almost more interested in seeing the worst teams people have scheduled than the best.

ISUb's has me worried. How many other Valley teams plan on scheduling 5-to-6 sub-250 RPI teams?

It really doesn't matter what kind of good games you schedule if the teams can't figure out how to avoid the bad games. By scheduling those bad teams, you immediately take yourself out of the running for an at-large bid before the season even starts.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby squirrel » March 20th, 2014, 8:19 am

Bradley's is not very complete right now...the only two "knowns" right now are CMU (the final of a 3 year deal) and UIC (the 2013 BB return game). Geno alluded on his tourney postgame we are playing in the Thanksgiving tourney at Corpus Christi. A&M, SLU, TCU and North Texas have been mentioned as potential participants, all pretty good programs (except for TCU). Additionally, we are going to play another Vegas double dip, against a Horizon team that should have been in the tournament this year and a rebuilding CAA program.

Home
UIC (2013 BB return game)
CMU
Corpus Christi home game 1
Corpus Christi home game 2

Away
Corpus Christi Challenge 1 vs. TBD (A&M/TCU/SLU?)
Corpus Christi Challenge 2 vs. TBD (|| / North Texas?)
Vegas showcase (against Horizon-level opponent)
Vegas showcase (against CAA-level opponent)
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby isumvc1 » March 20th, 2014, 10:50 am

Wufan wrote:
KC MVC FAN wrote:Just Googled the Sanford Pentagon in SF, SD. Beautiful facility. But seats only 3,200. Is that big enough for a WSU VS Memphis game?

No. Tickets will be seriously expensive.

yes, they'll be VERY expensive, upwards of $70-$80 per ticket or more, small arena = higher ticket prices to make $$.

Both WSU and Memphis will clean up though, Wisconsin was paid $260,000 to play in the Pentagon last November.
isumvc1
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PowderBlue » March 20th, 2014, 11:58 am

isumvc1 wrote:here is Indiana State's 2014-2015 non conference schedule, pretty much complete already. A step up for sure for the Sycamores.

Home
Butler
St. Louis
Brown (part of Las Vegas Tourney)
Eastern Washington (part of Las Vegas Tourney)
UMKC
Eastern Illinois

Road
Ball State
Purdue (start of a 2 for 1 series)
Iona
IUPUI (assuming we keep the series going)

Neutral
Illinois (in Las Vegas)
either Memphis or Baylor (in Las Vegas)

THUMBS UP:
St. Louis
Memphis/Baylor
Purdue (I expect Painter to make big changes and the media has a hard-on for the big ten)
Illinois (See previously stated hard-on)
Butler (Bad this year...but should be improved by a good amount)

JURY IS OUT:
Ball St. (God they were terrible this year, but 3 of their top 7 minute grabbers were freshmen and all three were over 20 minutes a game.)
Iona (They won the regular season in the MAAC...but it's the MAAC)

THUMBS DOWN:
Brown (The best of this group)
Eastern Illinois
Eastern Washington
UMKC

Dropping IUPUI would give ISU 3-4 cupcake games and 6 games in non-con where a loss could be devastating. Replacing IUPUI with ANYONE with a chance to be in the top 120 of RPI or simply not scheduling anyone would be a better option. One more big road opportunity would be nice... I'd love to see them try to get Auburn on the schedule with the Bruce Pearl Indiana connection and I think Auburn will be a top 150 team next year.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BirdmanBB » March 24th, 2014, 5:39 pm

SeeRed wrote:I think we have Butler this year or next. VCU, Northwestern, Utah Stateand DePaul are all locks though.

I'm assuming you are talking about the redbirds right? When was Butler confirmed? And Utah State for that matter too? I also can't remember what's happening with Drexel and Dayton next year. If anyone knows, please share.
BirdmanBB
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BradleyBrave » March 25th, 2014, 2:29 pm

squirrel wrote:Bradley's is not very complete right now...the only two "knowns" right now are CMU (the final of a 3 year deal) and UIC (the 2013 BB return game). Geno alluded on his tourney postgame we are playing in the Thanksgiving tourney at Corpus Christi. A&M, SLU, TCU and North Texas have been mentioned as potential participants, all pretty good programs (except for TCU). Additionally, we are going to play another Vegas double dip, against a Horizon team that should have been in the tournament this year and a rebuilding CAA program.

Home
UIC (2013 BB return game)
CMU
Corpus Christi home game 1
Corpus Christi home game 2

Away
Corpus Christi Challenge 1 vs. TBD (A&M/TCU/SLU?)
Corpus Christi Challenge 2 vs. TBD (|| / North Texas?)
Vegas showcase (against Horizon-level opponent)
Vegas showcase (against CAA-level opponent)

Admittedly I don't follow scheduling as much as recruiting, but I had only heard rumors of Corpus Christi and heard nothing of another Vegas 'showcase'. While it sounds like a couple of decent mid-major opponents out there, I think it's hard to get people to fly out there and not get a game against a BCS, even a bad one. Add to that Geno is winless on neutral courts in 3 years, so I am not sure how excited I am about 4 neutral site games. I used to be ecstatic about those opportunities.
"At some point in the near future, we're going to have a team out there competing for championships" - Geno Ford, November 9, 2011.
BradleyBrave
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » April 18th, 2014, 12:11 pm

WSU sked so far:
Home:
Saint Louis
Alabama
Tulsa

Neutral:
Memphis in South Dakota
Game 1: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio)
Game 2: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio )
Game 3: Diamond Head Classic (Colorado, DePaul, George Washington, Hawaii, Loyola Maramount, Nebraska & Ohio)

Road:
Detroit (BB return)
Utah
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 18th, 2014, 10:29 pm

So three spots left on WSU's schedule for next year after Utah? Gotta think we've got another home/home series starting on the road to come.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » June 10th, 2014, 7:40 am

A little more has come out on Bradley's schedule since yesterday's announcement by K-State. For the Vegas showcase our first opponent will be UC-Irvine (which is probably a considerable upgrade from what we were originally getting) and we will see either UALR or UWGB. We are also looking to go on the road and establish a H-H on the weekend before the Tuesday night K-State game.

Home (Date TBA): UIC, CMU, Corpus Christi prelim 1, Corpus Christi prelim 2

Away
Nov. 28 Corpus Christi vs. TBA
Nov. 29 Corpus Christi vs. TBA
Dec. 6-7 TBA (Want to establish H-H)
Dec. 9 @ Kansas State
Dec. 21 vs. UC-Irvine (Vegas)
Dec. 22 vs. UALR/Green Bay (Vegas)
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » June 10th, 2014, 11:59 am

UNI has confirmed a 4 year home and home with VCU starting this year in Richmond.

Home-
South Dakota State
George Mason
2 Cancun Challenge Games (Albany, ??)

Away-
VCU
Denver

Neutral-
Iowa in Des Moines
2 Cancun Challenge (Northwestern, Virginia Tech, ??)

2 games to get. 1 home buy game and either a h/h starting at home or we'll take a buy game at a high major.
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball