Ranking the recruiting classes

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Ranking the recruiting classes

Postby ACECARD » April 2nd, 2014, 2:03 pm

I'm through saying that any of the Aces newcomers will lead the Aces to the conference championship, at least, this coming season. I will say they will be better than last year. Whether that gets them out of Thursday remains to be seen.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby tribecalledquest » April 2nd, 2014, 3:19 pm

Get back to me at this time next week. How good Bradley's recruiting class will be on paper will be based on an announcement coming next Wednesday.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » April 2nd, 2014, 5:55 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Get back to me at this time next week. How good Bradley's recruiting class will be on paper will be based on an announcement coming next Wednesday.

I thought Cunningham dropped Bradley. Does Geno expect to land him?
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » April 2nd, 2014, 8:55 pm

agrinut wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Get back to me at this time next week. How good Bradley's recruiting class will be on paper will be based on an announcement coming next Wednesday.

I thought Cunningham dropped Bradley. Does Geno expect to land him?

He did not drop Bradley. Geno and BU are very much in the picture.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » April 2nd, 2014, 9:38 pm

ACECARD wrote:I'm through saying that any of the Aces newcomers will lead the Aces to the conference championship, at least, this coming season. I will say they will be better than last year. Whether that gets them out of Thursday remains to be seen.

Totally credible statement that no one will be able to shoot a hole into.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PowderBlue » April 3rd, 2014, 7:00 pm

---Indiana State---

Laquarious Paige - SG - TX HS
6'2", 175 lbs

Other Offers: Sam Houston State, Rice, Harvard

He's not been listed on sites that I frequent, but he is long and athletic; something the Syc's need to continue to improve upon. Most notably, he chose ISU over Harvard. He averaged 17.5 points, 4.5 boards, and 3 assists per game during his senior season and made the 3A All-State team in Texas. Supposedly he is very good defensively and can really get up in the air.

Brandon Murphy - PF - AL HS
6'7", 260 lbs

Other Offers: Ole Miss, Mississippi State

Another player without a lot of recruiting info available, but he's listed as the number 1 AL big man available this year at maxpreps. He played for one of the better 6A schools in Alabama and three other players on the roster are going to SEC schools next year. He's definitely a big bodied guy and there is room for him to add strength to his frame for sure. He seems to have some athletic ability, and was named to the Alabama All-Star team, averaging 13 points and 12 rebounds per game over his senior year.

Charles "Tre" Bennett - PG - Lamar State CC
5'11", 175 lbs

Other Offers: North Texas, Cal State Fullerton

Named to his JuCo's All Conference team this year. Shoots 42% from 3 point land and is a very polished defender. He had a 2.7 Assist/TO ratio this year and had 50 steals against 55 total turnovers. He comes in with two years of eligibility left.

Grant Prusator - SG - Rochelle Highland CC
6'2", 170 lbs

Other Offers: N/A

He is 18th on the Illinois HS all-time 3 point shot made list. He shot better than 40% from beyond the arc this past season (including 8 of 13 in the team's final game) and I believe he was 12th in the nation in JuCo 3 point shots made. He has a high motor on both ends of the court and is used to an up tempo game. There are definitely some questions about his athletic ability - especially on the defensive end - to keep up with some of the better combo guards, but he will score. He has three years of eligibility left.

Brenton Scott - PG - Redshirt Freshman
6'0", 165 lbs

Rated a two star point guard at ESPN last year, Scott took a redshirt this year. At the end of the year, he was suspended indefinitely for some off the court issues. If he is still around in the fall, he is regarded as a leader on the floor and is much more of a distributor than a scorer. Even with that reputation, he averaged nearly 17 points per game as a senior in HS.

Alex Etherington - SF - Redshirt Freshman
6'5", 195 lbs

Rated a two star point guard at ESPN last year, Etherington also redshirted this year. He's a prototypical 3, and is regarded as a hard-nosed player on both ends of the court. His older brother is leaving IU, and there are whispers that he may be transferring to ISU as well.

Demetrius Moore is leaving the team to move closer to home.
Rumor is Mike Samuels may not have his scholarship renewed.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PowderBlue » April 11th, 2014, 4:27 pm

Tre Bennett was just named an NJCAA All-American.
PowderBlue
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » April 11th, 2014, 7:08 pm

PowderBlue wrote:Tre Bennett was just named an NJCAA All-American.

Sounds like there will be a few of those floating around the league next year. If WSU doesn't sign one, this will be the first time in 5 years and second time since Marshall arrived:

Carter
Early, Wiggins
Hall
Smith, Ragland
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » April 12th, 2014, 8:46 am

ACECARD wrote:I'm through saying that any of the Aces newcomers will lead the Aces to the conference championship, at least, this coming season. I will say they will be better than last year. Whether that gets them out of Thursday remains to be seen.

Just out of curiosity, are any of the incoming recruits going to be the understudy to DJ or are they all pick setting role players this year?
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby ACECARD » April 12th, 2014, 9:26 am

shockem wrote:

Just out of curiosity, are any of the incoming recruits going to be the understudy to DJ or are they all pick setting role players this year?

From what I hear, DJ will be the only player allowed to take a shot next season. Anyone not setting, at least, 5 screens will have to sit out the next game. :roll:
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball