Ranking the recruiting classes

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Ranking the recruiting classes

Postby ptownbraves » April 29th, 2014, 9:14 pm

When Geno hired coach Coleman, this is exactly what he had in mind. Bring in a Chicago coach, Chicago teammates and you just might hook a big fish who wants the familiarity and the playing time. This is a once in a decade (or more) kind of talent for Bradley. The kid hasn't played a second but the doom and gloom surrounding Geno and his contract situation next year sure looks bright all of the sudden.
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Play Angry » April 29th, 2014, 9:56 pm

Good for Bradley. Braves fans have reason to be very hopeful with a class like that.
Play Angry
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Bradleyfan1 » April 30th, 2014, 3:51 am

:buddies:
Bradleyfan1
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » April 30th, 2014, 7:39 pm

Bears might be done for 2014 with the addition of a HS pg and a local "preferred walk on " this past week, however, they will still have one scholy left when the transfer of freshman pg Devon Thomas becomes official. Reportedly they are waiting for a possible late qualifying HS big they've been tracking or a D-1 transfer, but unless one of those comes thru, will probably sit on the last one. Overall a very intriguing haul for Lusk and the Bears with 4 HS players and 2 jucos.

Chris Kendrix : Willard HS, 6'5 SG. One of the top players in the state of Missouri and probably the center piece of this class. Best player I've seen Bears get since Danny Moore. 23.9 ppg, 7.2 rbs, 3.6 stls, 1.8 blks. Explosive leaper and dynamic in open court.

Robin Thompson: Mary Institute Country Day[St. Louis], 6'6/220 PF. Has 7ft wing span and size 18 feet, so looks to perhaps grow a bit more. Hard worker who looks to provide Bears with solid defensive/rebounding prospect. 16ppg, 10rbs, 3 blks.

Cameron Maes: Glendale HS [Springfield} 6'5 SF. Preferred Walk-on. Interesting kid, build is a bit stocky and he doesn't look overly athletic, but he's strong, competes hard and knows how to score in a variety of ways. 21.8 ppg, 5.5 rbs.

Loomis Gerring; Vincennes CC, 6'5 / 200, SF. Top scorer and rebounder on 4th place National Tourney team, KC area kid . 13.7ppg, 8.8 rbs, 48% fg. Can do a little of everything well.

Camyn Boone: Mesa Ariz. CC, 6'6/235, PF. Strong inside player, 16.8 ppg, 8.8rbs, 62% FG. Would have preferred a couple more inches, but this guy lives in the paint and knows how to use his body and both hands to score and rebound.

Shawn Roundtree: Edwardsville HS. 6'0 PG. love this kids game and was a great late pickup. Was rated as the 6th best player and best pg in the large school Illinois State Tourney . Led St Louis area in assists both junior and senior years. Averaged 17 ppg, 8 assists, made 55 treys and shot 42%, and 85% fts on over 170 shots. Am really excited about this kid; a true pg with great leadership skills and a winning background.

Easily Lusk's best class and it needs to be a good one both now and down the road. Kendrix could be special and Roundtree looks like that pg you build around. The others need to provide some muscle.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » April 30th, 2014, 8:33 pm

I've been expecting Bradley to move up since Ford was hired. It's taken a while, but it looks like the move to the top of the league is finally starting.

I was pretty proud of WSU's class - until I saw the Bradley class.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Ricardo del Rio » May 1st, 2014, 10:25 am

I look forward to the ranking of '14 recruit classes.

Is Bradley #1?
Ricardo del Rio
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » May 3rd, 2014, 12:45 pm

Aargh wrote:I've been expecting Bradley to move up since Ford was hired. It's taken a while, but it looks like the move to the top of the league is finally starting.

I was pretty proud of WSU's class - until I saw the Bradley class.

I think the Geno Ford "stamp" on the program has taken one year longer than most (himself included) expected.

Of course Aargh--Bradley needed a great class more than Wichita did :)
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Recruiting Class Rankings

Postby freddycat68 » May 17th, 2014, 11:31 pm

What are yours?

Mine:

1. Bradley
2. Illinois State
3. Wichita
4. Missouri State
5. SIU
6. Loyola
7. N. Iowa
8. Indiana St.
9. Drake
10. Evansville

Flame away!
freddycat68
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Wufan » May 18th, 2014, 6:39 am

At first blush, Evansville had a decent class.

Are you including players that were on the team last year, but we're not eligible?

Are you including new transfers that won't be eligible immediately?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby underdawg » May 19th, 2014, 5:02 pm

siudawgs wrote:SIU fans are pretty optimistic about the four newcomers coming in next year. All are high schoolers, three have signed already (Armon Fletcher, Jordan Caroline, Chaz Glotta), one has verbaled (Deion Lavender). There's a chance SIU will sign someone else during the spring period ... technically they're out of scholarships, but there are rumblings Mike Balogun likely won't be back. A much, much worse scenario would be Anthony Beane and his dad leaving town as a package deal ... hopefully not, that would be a huge setback to the rebuild. Aside from the four prep newcomers listed below, lightning-quick but small point guard KC Goodwin redshirted this year and Illinois transfer Ibby Djimbe sat out. Djimbe is a 6-8 bruiser who, along with Bola Olaniyan, should give SIU one of the most physically imposing (though offensively challenged) frontlines in the MVC. Anyway:

Armon Fletcher, 6-5 forward from Edwardsville, Ill. Top player on team that finished fourth place in Illinois' biggest high school class. A very rangy, athletic wing who should be an excellent defender and high-energy player. Has some offensive game but probably will initially be more effective defensively and as an energy guy.

Jordan Caroline, 6-6 forward from Montverde Academy in Florida via Champaign. A burly, undersized power forward who started on arguably the best prep school team in the country. Put up decent but not great numbers on a roster loaded with high-end talent. Is expected to add sorely needed depth to the frontcourt and be ready to help right away based on high level of competition at Montverde. Is son of former Illinois/NFL football player Simeon Rice.

Chaz Glotta, 6-1 guard from suburban St. Louis. Combo guard who scored more than 2,000 points in his high school career. Mostly a shooter but can score in other ways, too. A coach's son. Excellent free throw shooter ... I'm sure Barry has long-term visions of Blake Ahearn. Probably most likely of newcomers to redshirt based on position/body type.

Deion Lavender, 6-4 guard from Alton Marquette High in Illinois, near STL. Late-bloomer who scored like crazy as a senior, albeit against lesser competition than others in this recruiting class. Not supremely athletic but a big guard who is a very good shooter and has a strong scorer's mindset. Was AAU teammate of Armon Fletcher.

Just to update SIU recruiting: They Signed Austin Weiher a 6'8" prep SF-PF. 7'1" JUCO Center Deng Leek is visiting campus today looking for our final scholarship.
underdawg
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball