ISUR Next Season

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

ISUR Next Season

Postby Redbird23 » April 2nd, 2014, 1:54 pm

This team will be good next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team in the top 25 next year. This probably has the most talent since the late 90s. Anything less then a 24 win season should be pathetic.

PGs: Hunter, Lee, Lofton (if he wants to start), Keane, Stacho
SGs: Purcell, Lofton, Knight, Zeisloft
SFs: McIntosh, Wills
PFs: Hawkins, Samuel
Cs: Lynch, Jones

And they still have one more scholarship
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

ISUR Next Season

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: ISUR Next Season

Postby cpacmel » April 2nd, 2014, 2:05 pm

You just listed 14 guys on scholarship. And you say one scholarship still left to give?

I wasn't aware teams could give more than 13 scholarships.....

It's also not up to Lofton to start either.
cpacmel
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » April 2nd, 2014, 2:52 pm

On the bright side, if Lofton starts at the PG, he'll be asked to be a distributor. On the down side, your starting PG would be a guy with a 1:1 A/TO ratio, and the ball would be in the hands of a ball-hog 34% volume shooter.

Interested to see how the pieces shake out and come together at ISUr next season. If things pan out, they should definitely float towards the top of the league.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 2nd, 2014, 3:16 pm

Redbird23 wrote:This team will be good next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team in the top 25 next year. This probably has the most talent since the late 90s. Anything less then a 24 win season should be pathetic.

$10 bet ISU never gets ranked in the top 25 next season?
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 2nd, 2014, 3:17 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:
Redbird23 wrote:This team will be good next year, I wouldn't be surprised to see this team in the top 25 next year. This probably has the most talent since the late 90s. Anything less then a 24 win season should be pathetic.

$10 bet ISU never gets ranked in the top 25 next season?

At least they are betting on whether or not they end up in the Top 25, not whether or not they play a Thursday night game in St. Louis. That, in and of itself, shows progress for the program.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 2nd, 2014, 3:20 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
At least they are betting on whether or not they end up in the Top 25, not whether or not they play a Thursday night game in St. Louis. That, in and of itself, shows progress for the program.

Im not denying ISU has improved. But that wasn't what Redbird23 said. I am just challenging him on the Top 25 comment.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby isuredbirds92 » April 2nd, 2014, 3:27 pm

I think this team has potential to compete for the league title, but I would be very surprised if we get a whiff of the top 25 ...
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby tribecalledquest » April 2nd, 2014, 3:28 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:I think this team has potential to compete for the league title, but I would be very surprised if we get a whiff of the top 25 ...

With what Wichita has coming back anyone competing for a league title will also be a Top 25 type team, IMO.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 2nd, 2014, 3:30 pm

isuredbirds92 wrote:I think this team has potential to compete for the league title, but I would be very surprised if we get a whiff of the top 25 ...

With the current state of the WSU program, any team legitimately competing for the league title is probably at least getting within a whiff of the Top 25.

This year was an outlier on both ends. WSU performed so well, and so consistently, but the rest of the league was never close either. Over the past several years, the league leader has been a T25 team, and the contender has been either in the T25 firnge or among those "receiving votes."
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jigga » April 2nd, 2014, 3:51 pm

This is an exciting time to a RedBird fan. They have potential to do very big things, barring injuries or unforeseen circumstances.

I really hope Lofton stays, I am inclined to believe that he will, who wouldn't want to be apart of something with so must potential to be special.

By my count he named 13 scholarship players, (wrote in Lofton twice and Stacho is a walk-on)
but I too, was under the impression we had another scholly available because of the vacation of Michael Middlebrooks.

Cdizzle wrote:On the bright side, if Lofton starts at the PG, he'll be asked to be a distributor. On the down side, your starting PG would be a guy with a 1:1 A/TO ratio, and the ball would be in the hands of a ball-hog 34% volume shooter.

Interested to see how the pieces shake out and come together at ISUr next season. If things pan out, they should definitely float towards the top of the league.

Cdizzle, I dont really agree with your assesment or with your labeling him a "ball hog".

I think it's going to be a beautiful experiment seeing as though, he was easily our best ball-handler and passer on the team.

I think any volume shooting that took place may have been due to having limited options around him and/or being down and trying to shoot back into the game.
I think this year, with added talent and size, he will be able to fully display his play making ability. But thats just my opinion.
I'd love to see how everything pans out., Hope Lofton stays a RedBird.

I could see us come within a whiff of the top 25, I could also see us wearing our dancing shoes, but again these are just my opinions.
jigga
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball