ISUR Next Season

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ISUR Next Season

Postby tribecalledquest » April 8th, 2014, 4:51 pm

Aargh wrote:The 3 players that left the program were surprisingly good players in this thread and disgustingly disappointing players in the thread about their leaving. Were there some games played that I missed between when these two threads were made?

:)

I never thought Keane was good. As a Bradley fan I wish he stayed. But Zeisloft was a very good shooter who rebounded the ball ok and didn't turn it over. Lofton, while erratic and took many poor shots, was and is a gifted player.

By all accounts the new JUCO guy is a good player. Better than Lofton? I have no idea and neither does anyone else.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby PantherSigEp » April 8th, 2014, 7:35 pm

I still remember hearing RedBird fans praise Keane as an immediate upgrade over Nic Moore. Guess that one was a swing and a miss. Moore had a really nice year at SMU in case anyone was wondering. Statistically speaking, even better than his solid freshman campaign in 2011-12.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » April 9th, 2014, 12:54 am

PantherSigEp wrote:I still remember hearing RedBird fans praise Keane as an immediate upgrade over Nic Moore. Guess that one was a swing and a miss. Moore had a really nice year at SMU in case anyone was wondering. Statistically speaking, even better than his solid freshman campaign in 2011-12.

I'm pretty sure nobody was saying Keane was gunna be better or an improvement, or at least any of us with any basketball common sense or knowledge lol
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » April 9th, 2014, 5:31 am

Rollbird5 wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:I still remember hearing RedBird fans praise Keane as an immediate upgrade over Nic Moore. Guess that one was a swing and a miss. Moore had a really nice year at SMU in case anyone was wondering. Statistically speaking, even better than his solid freshman campaign in 2011-12.

I'm pretty sure nobody was saying Keane was gunna be better or an improvement, or at least any of us with any basketball common sense or knowledge lol

More than one posted on this very forum that Keane was a pure PG and would be an upgrade over Moore.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 7:12 am

Wufan wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:

More than one posted on this very forum that Keane was a pure PG and would be an upgrade over Moore.

Wow apparently those ppl had never seen Keane actually play basketball. Mr. Jumpstop & turnover!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » April 9th, 2014, 10:39 am

mathewson10 wrote:

Wow apparently those ppl had never seen Keane actually play basketball. Mr. Jumpstop & turnover!
Shot 49% from 2 and a positive ATO...
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 11:39 am

uniftw wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:

so stats are the only way to scout a player?
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PantherSigEp » April 9th, 2014, 12:09 pm

I won't dispute that Keane was a disappointment as a player. I never thought he looked nowhere close to the talent that many fans touted him to be. He did okay his freshmen season, filling in for. Moore, but this past season was a step back.

But he was a Muller signing, even if Muller wasn't the one who recruited him the most. It just seems concerning that players who are recruited for a coaches system are being pushed out after a year or two by a who coach no longer wants to work with and develop them.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 12:37 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:I won't dispute that Keane was a disappointment as a player. I never thought he looked nowhere close to the talent that many fans touted him to be. He did okay his freshmen season, filling in for. Moore, but this past season was a step back.

But he was a Muller signing, even if Muller wasn't the one who recruited him the most. It just seems concerning that players who are recruited for a coaches system are being pushed out after a year or two by a who coach no longer wants to work with and develop them.

I'm glad you recognize the lack of talent. He was recruited my Mueller but it was at the very end of the signing period during the summer so he basically just filled a roster spot. I don't see it as Mueller giving up on him. I see it as Keane wanting playing time. When freshmen are starting over you, it probably is a good sign that you won't be a starter in the future.

It may be a concern for a player or two that a coach has recruited to transfer but if you look at college basketball most teams have 1 or 2 players leave. It's just part of college basketball now a days.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » April 9th, 2014, 2:06 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
uniftw wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:

so stats are the only way to scout a player?

No...but when the player has one of the best 2 pt fg% and ATO on the team it's pretty clear he wasn't used properly and wasn't that big of a detriment to the team...
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball