ESPN: Ron Baker will return to Wichita St

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ESPN: Ron Baker will return to Wichita St

Postby mvcfan » May 21st, 2014, 11:44 am

Hmmm. Another three viewpoints. I know that we all are rooting for him. We'll just have to be patient and wait.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/draft/mock-draft
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » May 21st, 2014, 11:58 am

I have no idea where Early will go in the draft. I am confident that his skill-set is perfect for the NBA and whichever team selects him is getting a steal.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » May 21st, 2014, 3:55 pm

mathewson10 wrote:Hmmm... just saw a mock draft from Bleacher Reports.... Early going in the 2nd round

USA Today mock draft has him in the 1st round at number 20.

http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » May 21st, 2014, 10:54 pm

glm38 wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:Hmmm... just saw a mock draft from Bleacher Reports.... Early going in the 2nd round

USA Today mock draft has him in the 1st round at number 20.

http://hoopshype.com/draft.htm

I've seen him as high as #12 and as low as undrafted. I think 1st round in the 20-28 range is logical.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » May 22nd, 2014, 7:03 am

From what I'm hearing, he didn't have the strongest draft combine. I think that's why a lot of the top guys in the draft didn't do the combine. They didn't want to hurt their stock.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » May 22nd, 2014, 5:16 pm

mathewson10 wrote:From what I'm hearing, he didn't have the strongest draft combine. I think that's why a lot of the top guys in the draft didn't do the combine. They didn't want to hurt their stock.

Per Bleacherreport that is correct. He did very well in the athletic drills like agility and vertical, but not great in the shooting drills.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » June 2nd, 2014, 6:53 pm

This one has Cle at #16. Lots of praise for Doug and Cle.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/mock ... fts-060214
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » July 10th, 2014, 11:03 am

Hmmmm just as I predicted... 2nd round. Baker has a long way to go if Early is getting picked in the 2nd round. Not knocking the guy. I hope he represents the MVC well but the NBA is a completely different ball game.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » July 10th, 2014, 11:10 am

mathewson10 wrote:Hmmmm just as I predicted... 2nd round. Baker has a long way to go if Early is getting picked in the 2nd round. Not knocking the guy. I hope he represents the MVC well but the NBA is a completely different ball game.

There were a lot of things that happened that led to Early being in the 2nd round, not the least of which was the deepest draft in at least a decade. He also fell below his talent level, and basically every publication in the country proceeded to call him the 'steal' of the draft. Early is just outside the lottery in most drafts.

Also, I loved Early, and he was a tremendous player and athlete, but Baker is better at basketball. That doesn't mean he'll go in the first round, or even get drafted at all, but I'm pretty sure his talent will get him a pretty serious look.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » July 10th, 2014, 11:18 am

Cdizzle wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:Hmmmm just as I predicted... 2nd round. Baker has a long way to go if Early is getting picked in the 2nd round. Not knocking the guy. I hope he represents the MVC well but the NBA is a completely different ball game.

There were a lot of things that happened that led to Early being in the 2nd round, not the least of which was the deepest draft in at least a decade. He also fell below his talent level, and basically every publication in the country proceeded to call him the 'steal' of the draft. Early is just outside the lottery in most drafts.

Also, I loved Early, and he was a tremendous player and athlete, but Baker is better at basketball. That doesn't mean he'll go in the first round, or even get drafted at all, but I'm pretty sure his talent will get him a pretty serious look.

It also hurt Early that most of the teams the last 1/2-1/-3 of the first round had no cap space and were drafting to stash players/picks.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball