ESPN: Ron Baker will return to Wichita St

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: ESPN: Ron Baker will return to Wichita St

Postby Rollbird5 » July 10th, 2014, 3:25 pm

Play Angry wrote:The only thing matthewson10 "predicted" in this thread is that there is no chance Ron Baker gets drafted and he will be stuck grinding in Europe his entire career.

Meanwhile, Ford's Board at ESPN recently upgraded Baker to #19 in his projected 2015 NBA Draft. So, ummmm, yeah.

I hear he's playing very well at LeBron's camp via some different tweets I've seen
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » July 10th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
Play Angry wrote:The only thing matthewson10 "predicted" in this thread is that there is no chance Ron Baker gets drafted and he will be stuck grinding in Europe his entire career.

Meanwhile, Ford's Board at ESPN recently upgraded Baker to #19 in his projected 2015 NBA Draft. So, ummmm, yeah.

I hear he's playing very well at LeBron's camp via some different tweets I've seen

This is really cool. Early went to the Durant camp for wings last year. Baker and FVV are spending most of their summer at these camps.

Lots of comments of surprise at Baker's measurables. Apparently everyone thinks the WSU roster is full of $hit just because they aren't a BCS squad. 6'4" 222lb with a 6'8.5" wingspan. The dude is way more of an athlete than people assume. But I guess some people think Cotton isn't overly athletic and can't shoot, too.

I'm really hoping he has a completely injury-free year so we can finally judge him as a leaper. My guess is well above average for his position in the NCAA, and well below average for his position in the NBA.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » July 16th, 2014, 8:35 pm

Lots of good tweets about Baker's performance at the LeBron James camp in Vegas:

lots of twitter love
Jason Scheer ‏@JasonScheer · 21h ·
Doesn't jump off the charts, but Wichita State's Ron Baker has really impressed me today

Coach John Lucas ‏@CoachJohnLucas1 · 20h ·
Ron Baker is filling it up. And so is Joe Young. Both with range & sweet touches. #LeBronJamesSkillsAcademy

Seth Greenberg ‏@SethOnHoops · 20h ·
Ron Baker is an excellent passer. He needs to improve handle. Excellent understanding

Joel Francisco ‏@JoelFranESPN · 20h ·
College standouts: Bobby Portis (touch/Runs), Buddy Heild (jumpshooter), DJ Newbill (beast PG/vision), Ron Baker (skilled/shooter)#LBJSkills

Coach John Lucas ‏@CoachJohnLucas1 · 3h ·
Ron Baker is giving someone the Bizness. Please guard him. #LeBronJamesSkillsAcademy

@SethDavisHoops: Wichita State guard Ron Baker, who is 6-4, was just guarding LeBron in the post. Held his own too.

Latest ESPN (Insider - sadly) projection has Baker as the 19th overall pick next year and the third PG drafted.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft/mock/?season=2015&version=1&source=Chad-Ford-Big-Board
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball