3 Illinois State players leaving

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 3 Illinois State players leaving

Postby Wufan » April 9th, 2014, 5:38 am

Michael Middlebrooks wasn't previously mentioned in the two year group. I think that makes 9?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 7:07 am

jigga wrote:IMO none of your arguments have much to stand on, but I can tell you are opinionated and will have something to say about anything. So I'll just address a few pieces of bs that I have seen you argue.

1- Lofton's shot selection improved greatly over the season, he shot 40% from 3 in the last 10 games.
and also never took our offense out of too much flow, in fact often he was our only offense. i.e. MVC tourney the next highest scorer had 6. he single handedly kept us compatetive in various games(@Evansville, @Northern Iowa, MVC Tourney against Mo St.).

We often put him in after not being able to get anything going and hope he could shoot us back into the game, which he did in a significant amount of games, some of that can contribute to low fg%.

Also he was our best ball-handler and passer, almost the best defensive players(I'll give the nod to Lee though).
His biggest issue was not seeing eye-to-eye with HCDM. (which is becoming a trend of DM's)

ZL will be fine somewhere else, BCS schools were salivating waiting on him to transfer.

2- As for Hofstra being a D2, They played some decent competition, played some of the same teams we did.
Louisville, SMU, Drexle, Sienna, NorthEastern, William&Mary, UNC Wilmington.

3- MAC was 1 RPI lower than the MVC, the MVC was not very good this year besides WSU.

4- The RedBird boards general consesus is they are ok with these players leaving and can find upgrades to all 3 of them, I dont think it will be as easy, but they are confident over there. I hope they are right.

they are not treating them leaving like the end of the world.

i'm still excited about next season for the Birds with the incoming recruits Hawkins, McIntosh, Purcell. They should still be fun to watch even with a few growing pains.....

I'm done now too many key strokes devoted to non-sense. You can carry on with your arguments now.

The pot calling the kettle black...
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 7:09 am

GarH wrote:We need to start a running thread- "Who has left Illinois State today?"

lolol that made me actually laugh!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 7:10 am

Wufan wrote:Michael Middlebrooks wasn't previously mentioned in the two year group. I think that makes 9?

I guess you have to go to class or something if you want to be a STUDENT-athlete.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby BCPanther » April 9th, 2014, 7:44 am

mathewson10 wrote:
Wufan wrote:Michael Middlebrooks wasn't previously mentioned in the two year group. I think that makes 9?

I guess you have to go to class or something if you want to be a STUDENT-athlete.

Yeah, its pretty clear that Muller places a very high priority on academics and doing the right thing... :roll:
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » April 9th, 2014, 8:04 am

mathewson10 wrote:

Is the coaching staff and athletic department aware of this?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 9:43 am

BCPanther wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:

Yeah, its pretty clear that Muller places a very high priority on academics and doing the right thing... :roll:

Doing the right thing?
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » April 9th, 2014, 9:54 am

mathewson10 wrote:
BCPanther wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:I guess you have to go to class or something if you want to be a STUDENT-athlete.

Doing the right thing?

You know, like encouraging a culture that isn't ok with assaulting women.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 9th, 2014, 10:16 am

Cdizzle wrote:

Doing the right thing?[/quote]
You know, like encouraging a culture that isn't ok with assaulting women.[/quote]

I got ya
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » April 9th, 2014, 10:38 am

mathewson10 wrote:

Your Videos show highlights.... but don't show the low lights. What about Kaza Keane's inability to shoot or his ability to turn the ball over? Lofton played well in some games but some games he checked out. His shot selection was a killer for any type of offensive tempo. I thought Zeisloft was a great contributor but he isn't going to play on a contender. Not these knocking these guys. I appreciate anyone who puts on a Redbird jersey but I think these items I pointed out are a pretty clear scouting report. & trust me.... I'm not drinking the Kool-Aid because over at the Redbird board they think the world is over because we "lost" these guys. Some body even said give Stacho a scholarship?!?!? This isn't everyone gets a trophy, kids!

Kaza had the 4th best 3pt % on the team and shot 16-33 on 2 point FGs...or 49%. His overall FG % was hurt by his 3 pt %...which, like I said was 4th on the team and just .003 points behind Paris for 3rd. He also has a positive A:TO which is something only Knight, Lofton (gone), Zieslof (gone), and Paris can say.

Lofton, Keane, and Zieslof are big losses when you look at their production compared to the rest of the team.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball