3 Illinois State players leaving

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 3 Illinois State players leaving

Postby Cdizzle » April 10th, 2014, 8:11 am

mathewson10 wrote:
Redbird Recon wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:When the program heads very far down that road, from the outside you start looking like a "win-at-any-cost" program.

Well it's about darn time!
:Cheers:

:+1:

Right. Fair enough. But then don't act shocked when the program is ridiculed for a less than clean record.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby gobirds85 » April 12th, 2014, 5:22 pm

Mikovio wrote:
mathewson10 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:I dont blame Nick Zeisloft. If I was really smart and an elite student I would feel out of place at ISU as well.

He is a finance major. ISU is a top 100 business school. I think he made a good choice.

Bradley's average ACT score is 2 points higher than ISU's, which was the point. Bradley's 75th percentile is 28 to ISU's 25, so "really smart" people would feel more at home in Peoria.

This is the first year ISU passed Bradley's business program in Bloomberg, which needless to say is alarming and should lead to mass firings, considering ISU is a garbage school for garbagemen.

The article also states the ISU grad has a starting salary higher than the bu grad. And it wasn't the first year and you might want to look at the trend. One school is trending up, the other is trending down.

On the bright side, bu grads get to pay almost three times the amount to attend the "Harvard on the hilltop". Three straight years of a declining incoming freshman class size, more males to females ratio, almost $20,000 more per year, no football, and lower starting salaries in the real world. Awesome!!! Why wouldn't everyone want to attend. At bu...you pay more and get less. But I'll bet that Homecoming soccer game and pancakes with the Bride of Frankenstein is worth every penny more.
gobirds85
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby SeeRed » April 12th, 2014, 6:02 pm

I've met great people from each school, and I've met idiots from each school. To me the ISU Bradley beef is dead among kids going to school now. Seems mostly kept alive by the older alumni.
SeeRed
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby tribecalledquest » April 14th, 2014, 12:39 pm

SeeRed wrote:I've met great people from each school, and I've met idiots from each school. To me the ISU Bradley beef is dead among kids going to school now. Seems mostly kept alive by the older alumni.

Agreed. Just as the ISU Home of Champions thing is dead to kids going to school now. That too is kept alive by the older alumni.

Both arguments/statements came from the 80's and 90's.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » April 14th, 2014, 12:58 pm

gobirds85 wrote:
Mikovio wrote:Bradley's average ACT score is 2 points higher than ISU's, which was the point. Bradley's 75th percentile is 28 to ISU's 25, so "really smart" people would feel more at home in Peoria.

This is the first year ISU passed Bradley's business program in Bloomberg, which needless to say is alarming and should lead to mass firings, considering ISU is a garbage school for garbagemen.

The article also states the ISU grad has a starting salary higher than the bu grad. And it wasn't the first year and you might want to look at the trend. One school is trending up, the other is trending down.

On the bright side, bu grads get to pay almost three times the amount to attend the "Harvard on the hilltop". Three straight years of a declining incoming freshman class size, more males to females ratio, almost $20,000 more per year, no football, and lower starting salaries in the real world. Awesome!!! Why wouldn't everyone want to attend. At bu...you pay more and get less. But I'll bet that Homecoming soccer game and pancakes with the Bride of Frankenstein is worth every penny more.

Apparently the slightly higher starting salary for ISU Business is great for the whopping 52% of their graduates offered a job within 6 months of graduation, compared to Bradley's 95%.

http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... adley.html
http://www.businessweek.com/bschools/ra ... illst.html

This is just the business school. I'm sure if you factored in grads of Bradley's top 30 engineering program and all the ISU teachers the average starting salaries would get a little skewed.

Maybe that's why The Princeton Review has Bradley on its list of Best Colleges, but not ISU.

http://www.princetonreview.com/rankingsbest.aspx

I do agree the current student population isn't into this rivalry. Hopefully it's just a function of both programs being down for so long, and both will find their way back to fighting for championships again like in the 80s and 90s (with Bradley winning of course).
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby stl scooter » July 7th, 2014, 10:53 am

Nick Zeisloft to Indiana per @IndianaMBB on twitter
The preceding lesson in basketball is free of charge.
stl scooter
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby PantherSigEp » July 7th, 2014, 8:16 pm

stl scooter wrote:Nick Zeisloft to Indiana per @IndianaMBB on twitter

Walk on or scholarship?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » July 7th, 2014, 9:12 pm

Good enough for Indiana but not Illinois State, huh?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » July 7th, 2014, 9:44 pm

uniftw wrote:

Good enough for Indiana but not Illinois State, huh?

He's going to graduate school there. Really good student and Indiana has great business program so when they offered him scholly it was no brainer for him to accept.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » July 7th, 2014, 9:44 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:

Walk on or scholarship?

scholarship
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC