3 Illinois State players leaving

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 3 Illinois State players leaving

Postby SeeRed » April 8th, 2014, 9:09 am

tribecalledquest wrote:I dont blame Nick Zeisloft. If I was really smart and an elite student I would feel out of place at ISU as well.

ISU Business ranks ahead of Bradley this year on Business Week's report. Also the PR program just became the first to be accredited in the state by the PRSA.
SeeRed
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby isuredbirds92 » April 8th, 2014, 9:20 am

Zeisloft has been a very solid player for his two years. Lofton is a head case and a project. Keane has been a MAJOR disappointment who turned into a turnover machine this year. My only concern is that losing Keane might also mean losing McIntosh. (If you don't know, they played AAU ball together) We can only hope that Keane wasn't Mikyle's deciding factor on coming to ISU.
isuredbirds92
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby mathewson10 » April 8th, 2014, 9:47 am

isuredbirds92 wrote:Zeisloft has been a very solid player for his two years. Lofton is a head case and a project. Keane has been a MAJOR disappointment who turned into a turnover machine this year. My only concern is that losing Keane might also mean losing McIntosh. (If you don't know, they played AAU ball together) We can only hope that Keane wasn't Mikyle's deciding factor on coming to ISU.

I really don't think McIntosh would want to sit out another year to transfer. He is already settled in to ISU & has a starting position at PF available for him if he is ready to work for it.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » April 8th, 2014, 11:21 am

mathewson10 wrote:
uniftw wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote:ISUR has been a program of questionable character with it coaching staff and has recruited questionable character guys. Live by the sword, die by the sword.

It seems Muller will cast off guys after a year or two he doesn't like...to replace them with guys exactly like the guys he doesn't like.

Mueller didn't recruit Tyler Brown....he has only had one recruiting class soooooooo yeah...

I'm not following the Tyler Brown line of thought... :huh:

When was he brought up?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 8th, 2014, 11:26 am

I'm not following the Tyler Brown line of thought... :huh:

When was he brought up?[/quote]

Based off this quote: "It seems Muller will cast off guys after a year or two he doesn't like...to replace them with guys exactly like the guys he doesn't like." Since he only has one recruiting class how is it possible to make this statement. Ppl earlier in the thread were talking about how Mueller doesn't along with certain players. I was guessing they were talking about the Tyler Brown & Zach Lofton situations.
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby PantherSigEp » April 8th, 2014, 12:33 pm

He's also lost guys like Ekey who was a perfectly good player and played really well in the Big 10 this season. I don't think anyone said he recruited guys and then cast them aside. The statement was more of a general comment amount the attrition rate ISUr has suffered since Muller took to the helm. At least it appeared that way to me.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mathewson10 » April 8th, 2014, 12:51 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:He's also lost guys like Ekey who was a perfectly good player and played really well in the Big 10 this season. I don't think anyone said he recruited guys and then cast them aside. The statement was more of a general comment amount the attrition rate ISUr has suffered since Muller took to the helm. At least it appeared that way to me.

Players that have left since Mueller has been the coach:
Bryant Allen-Drugs
Zeke Upshaw- Transfer Hofstra
Jon Ekey- Transfer Illinois- Did not play "really well" against B1G Schools
Johnny Hill- Transfer Tex-Arlington
Jordan Threloff- Transfer Northern IL
Kaza Keane- DII player at best
Nick Zeisloft- 6'4" forward who can't dribble but makes an occasional 3
Zach Lofton- Horrible Attitude. Horrible Shot Selection. Had maybe 8 good games all year.

This does not look like a list of MVC contending players. Just because a team has guys transfer that doesn't mean its bad or a negative. I look at it as an opportunity to get players who can play at a higher level. Example: Bye Bye Threloff. Hello Reggie Lynch!
mathewson10
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Mikovio » April 8th, 2014, 1:09 pm

mathewson10 wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:I dont blame Nick Zeisloft. If I was really smart and an elite student I would feel out of place at ISU as well.

He is a finance major. ISU is a top 100 business school. I think he made a good choice.

Bradley's average ACT score is 2 points higher than ISU's, which was the point. Bradley's 75th percentile is 28 to ISU's 25, so "really smart" people would feel more at home in Peoria.

This is the first year ISU passed Bradley's business program in Bloomberg, which needless to say is alarming and should lead to mass firings, considering ISU is a garbage school for garbagemen.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby tribecalledquest » April 8th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Threloff averaged 9.2 pts, 7.0 rebs, and a block a game for NIU. With ISU's issues inside this season he would have helped.

I know every team thinks its "addition by subtraction" at the end of every season but not all those guys were stiffs.

The minute guys transfer or graduate they already become lesser players in the eyes of that teams fans.
tribecalledquest
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » April 8th, 2014, 1:13 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Threloff averaged 9.2 pts, 7.0 rebs, and a block a game for UNI. With ISU's issues inside this season he would have helped.

I know every team thinks its "addition by subtraction" at the end of every season but not all those guys were stiffs.

The minute guys transfer or graduate they already become lesser players in the eyes of that teams fans.

Beat me to it. He was also All MAC.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball