BU Departures

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: BU Departures

Postby Mikovio » April 10th, 2014, 9:04 am

I wouldn't count Bell as a strike out. He can shoot and play defense. But yeah, 2 hits in 3 years ain't good.

Zecevic doesn't surprise me, but I was hoping Swop could stick around and develop into a good player. I don't think Geno has the luxury of time on his side for that though, and apparently Swop wasn't very coachable. I'm afraid I'll be reading about his all conference campaigns somewhere else.

Our depth chart looks like this now:

Sutherland/Bell/Fields
Amerson/Grier
Barnes
Shaw/Thomas
Taylor/Wells (Yikes! Never thought I'd ask this, but can we find a way to give Prosser another year?)

If we land Cunningham I'll get excited. That might move Barnes to the bench, in which case we'll have a hell of a 6th man. I know that may not sound ideal, but would you promise a top 100 recruit a starting spot? I know I would. Hopefully Fields and Wells will get their degrees and part ways after this next year. Lesson learned: If you recruit a young transfer, you'd better make sure he can play. If he can't, he'll be stuck here because he can't go to another D-I without losing a year of eligibility.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » April 10th, 2014, 11:03 am

He can shoot it and has ability. However he did not work hard and had really bad off-court habits. He might be a steal for someone. I don't know but he really has to clean a lot of things up.

Paging Mr. Muller. Telephone call for Mr. Dan Muller. Jordan Swopshire on line 3.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby squirrel » June 10th, 2014, 7:32 am

Swopshire has transferred to Colgate.
squirrel
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball