Missouri State to Sun Belt Conference?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MSU to the SBC?

Postby PantherSigEp » April 10th, 2014, 1:10 pm

Casey said it's happening folks. Pack it up everyone, shows over, nothing to see here. We now have a 99% confirmation that MSU will be staying put. Thanks Casey.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Kip Dynamite » April 10th, 2014, 1:16 pm

TheDrake wrote:Are Missouri State basketball fans excited about this?

Arkansas Little-Rock, Louisiana Lafayette, South Alabama?

No, and there in lies the problem with the Sunbelt. Doesn't mean they still won't go ahead and make the move though if they feel like it's in the best long term interest of the university. The Belt is a tough call and that's why I said that if CUSA found a spot for us there would be zero doubt that we would take it.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Snaggletooth » April 10th, 2014, 1:39 pm

So do u have an offer or not?

It seems u all on meth and are hulicinating or will be announcing your leaving the MVC. There is no middle ground - right? This is your once in the lifetime chance to become totally irrelevant.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Kip Dynamite » April 10th, 2014, 1:51 pm

There is middle ground, meaning that we have recieved an informal offer (according to multiple sources) and we have x amount of time to let them know. If we do leave it wouldn't be until the end of next year.
Kip Dynamite
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » April 10th, 2014, 2:02 pm

I'm really hoping that someone has NMSU, Belmont, ORU, SLU, Dayton, Denver, etc... on the phone yesterday. I love the double round robin but at some point we need strength in good numbers.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 10th, 2014, 2:08 pm

TheAsianSensation wrote:I think we have to press on Dayton and St Louis, and as part of any deal agree to waive any exit fees if they get into the Big East in a couple years. It's worth the gamble. And I don't even think that'll work after a season where they parked 6 teams in the tournament.

I think we're reaching the point where the MVC is clearly behind the A-10 in any realignment scenario. It would be more likely that the A-10 starts poaching MVC schools.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 10th, 2014, 2:10 pm

rlh04d wrote:
TheAsianSensation wrote:I think we have to press on Dayton and St Louis, and as part of any deal agree to waive any exit fees if they get into the Big East in a couple years. It's worth the gamble. And I don't even think that'll work after a season where they parked 6 teams in the tournament.

I think we're reaching the point where the MVC is clearly behind the A-10 in any realignment scenario. It would be more likely that the A-10 starts poaching MVC schools.

If/when the Big East plucks some comination of Dayton/SLU/VCU/St Joes/GMU/GWU/Richmond to get to 14 (maybe 16) is it better though?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 10th, 2014, 2:42 pm

uniftw wrote:
rlh04d wrote:

If/when the Big East plucks some comination of Dayton/SLU/VCU/St Joes/GMU/GWU/Richmond to get to 14 (maybe 16) is it better though?

Are they taking more than 4 of those teams? If not, then yes the A10 is still a better league. The Valley is toast until football implodes on itself in 15 years.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » April 10th, 2014, 2:44 pm

Cdizzle wrote:Are they taking more than 4 of those teams? If not, then yes the A10 is still a better league. The Valley is toast until football implodes on itself in 15 years.

If they take 4 of them (I think 14 is most likely) is it a push?

VCU is the wild card and if the BE will take a public.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » April 10th, 2014, 2:47 pm

uniftw wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:Are they taking more than 4 of those teams? If not, then yes the A10 is still a better league. The Valley is toast until football implodes on itself in 15 years.

If they take 4 of them (I think 14 is most likely) is it a push?

VCU is the wild card and if the BE will take a public.

I still think the the A10 would be better. And even if it's a push, at least those programs and conference leadership have shown SOME notion of giving a s***, which is more than can be said for most of the programs and the leadership in this conference over the past several years.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball