Favorite Road Venue in MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Favorite Road Venue in MVC

Postby valleychamp » April 15th, 2014, 12:22 pm

MVC arenas are fantastic for the most part.

The Knapp is garbage, Hullman is old and ugly, and Loyola's is way too small. Other than that, the rest are top notch college arenas.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby TheDrake » April 15th, 2014, 1:21 pm

The Knapp Center is the best stadium in the Valley and in all of college basketball.

Its rollaway bleachers are unmatched.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbird23 » April 15th, 2014, 2:09 pm

1. I was listing MVC arenas I've been to no order
2. I like Gentile because of the distance from me and every seat is close to the court
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbird Recon » April 15th, 2014, 3:42 pm

I've been to all but The Roundhouse.
JQH is a gorgeous facility.
McLeod is fun when full.
Ford might be the cleanest.
Carver has a great scoreboard setup.
SIU has an awesome entryway.
Knapp has the nicest fans.
Hulman is too damn hot!
Gentile has a pregame prayer...
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird23 » April 15th, 2014, 6:46 pm

Sister Gene out at Loyola
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Drakey » April 15th, 2014, 9:04 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:As long as no one says the Knapp Center, you probably can't be wrong. The Knapp is the only road venue I've been to and I can only assume everyone else at least attempted to build a decent venue for their games. At the very least it can't be worse.

During the first 15-20 years of the Knapp Center's existence UNI was playing in a blow up football dome. They literally had NO basketball facility. You're like a guy who has been driving a 92 Honda Civic for the past ten years who gets a new Impala and starts trashing his neighbors 2008 Taurus.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » April 15th, 2014, 10:34 pm

Drakey wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:As long as no one says the Knapp Center, you probably can't be wrong. The Knapp is the only road venue I've been to and I can only assume everyone else at least attempted to build a decent venue for their games. At the very least it can't be worse.

During the first 15-20 years of the Knapp Center's existence UNI was playing in a blow up football dome. They literally had NO basketball facility. You're like a guy who has been driving a 92 Honda Civic for the past ten years who gets a new Impala and starts trashing his neighbors 2008 Taurus.

I do own an Impala, what's it to ya bub?

Say what you want about UNI playing in a Dome before wising up and investing in a quality basketball facility but at least when we were in the Dome the ushers didn't angrily wave canes at you and there were more than a couple hundred fans present (although I won't fight you on the crappy methods used to try and fill the place). The Knapp Center is just over 20 yrs old, you can't tell me that in 1992 that building was a glistening architectural achievement. The UNI-Dome is nearly twice as old and was never designed to be mainly a basketball/volleyball facility. That's a really terrible comparison. The Dome has always been primarily a football facility. We apologize for not being as innovative as Jerry Jones in converting a football stadium into a basketball venue. I'm sorry that while UNI decided to make upgrades to facilitate a growing and successful program, Drake has settled for a high school gym. I guess that's what happens when you aim high, rather than settling for a D+.

Also L O freaking L at whoever said the Knapp has the nicest fans. Every time I have been at that place I have been relentlessly ridiculed and yelled at by Drake fans simply for singing the UNI fight song and cheering my own players. No jeering or heckling of Drake players, but for having the audacity to support my alma mater.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheDrake » April 16th, 2014, 8:02 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
Drakey wrote:

I do own an Impala, what's it to ya bub?

Say what you want about UNI playing in a Dome before wising up and investing in a quality basketball facility but at least when we were in the Dome the ushers didn't angrily wave canes at you and there were more than a couple hundred fans present (although I won't fight you on the crappy methods used to try and fill the place). The Knapp Center is just over 20 yrs old, you can't tell me that in 1992 that building was a glistening architectural achievement. The UNI-Dome is nearly twice as old and was never designed to be mainly a basketball/volleyball facility. That's a really terrible comparison. The Dome has always been primarily a football facility. We apologize for not being as innovative as Jerry Jones in converting a football stadium into a basketball venue. I'm sorry that while UNI decided to make upgrades to facilitate a growing and successful program, Drake has settled for a high school gym. I guess that's what happens when you aim high, rather than settling for a D+.

Also L O freaking L at whoever said the Knapp has the nicest fans. Every time I have been at that place I have been relentlessly ridiculed and yelled at by Drake fans simply for singing the UNI fight song and cheering my own players. No jeering or heckling of Drake players, but for having the audacity to support my alma mater.

You go to an instate rival's gym to sing your school fight song and then are surprised when people make fun of you? lol

But seriously, I apologize on behalf of the Drake fan base.
Maybe next time we can get you a mic and a few minutes at center court before tipoff so that people can more fully appreciate your vocal stylings.
TheDrake
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby achrist70 » April 16th, 2014, 12:13 pm

Is the Knapp Center really a road game for UNI, whenever I've been there there have been more UNI fans than Drake fans.
achrist70
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Redbirdfan21 » April 16th, 2014, 2:29 pm

WHY IS IT SO DAMN HOT AT HULLMAN??????

I was warned before going last year...but didn't expect it to be as hot as it was... WTH???

Automatically goes to the bottom of my list... but I have only been to Redbird, Carver, SIU (pre-renovation) and Hullman. Planned a trip to McLoud last year, until we realized it was on a Sunday... hopefully we can get their or WSU next year
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball