Favorite Road Venue in MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Redbird23 » April 14th, 2014, 6:15 pm

Just wondering what's everyone's favorite road venue in the conference (excluding Scottrade Centre). I love Gentile Arena it would be very loud when it's pack with the low roof, and it's fairly close to me. I saw 3 MVC games there this year, great venue.
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Favorite Road Venue in MVC

Postby Wufan » April 14th, 2014, 7:37 pm

Redbird23 wrote:Just wondering what's everyone's favorite road venue in the conference (excluding Scottrade Centre). I love Gentile Arena it would be very loud when it's pack with the low roof, and it's fairly close to me. I saw 3 MVC games there this year, great venue.

I really can't believe you picked Gentile..."it would be loud..." when it is loud, get back to me. Which arenas have you been to?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird23 » April 15th, 2014, 6:32 am

Other then redbird....
Gentile
Hulman
Carver
SIU
McLeod
Knapp
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Born2Shock » April 15th, 2014, 7:30 am

Toke Jopic?
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby BCPanther » April 15th, 2014, 7:50 am

This guy can't be serious. If you were ranking the Valley arenas, you'd have something like this...

Koch

McLeod/Redbird/JQH

Ford/Carver/SIU

Hulman/Gentille

Knapp
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BTbird » April 15th, 2014, 8:47 am

Redbird23 wrote:Just wondering what's everyone's favorite road venue in the conference (excluding Scottrade Centre). I love Gentile Arena it would be very loud when it's pack with the low roof, and it's fairly close to me. I saw 3 MVC games there this year, great venue.

It's become clear that your favorite MVC arena to watch a game is incorrect. Please change your opinion immediately.

Thank you!
BTbird
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Aargh » April 15th, 2014, 10:21 am

One thing you gotta say about the Gentile experience. You can get really good seats right up close to the action even if you only show up just before tip-off. That's got to be worth something for the fan experience, right?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » April 15th, 2014, 10:57 am

As long as no one says the Knapp Center, you probably can't be wrong. The Knapp is the only road venue I've been to and I can only assume everyone else at least attempted to build a decent venue for their games. At the very least it can't be worse.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » April 15th, 2014, 11:07 am

What are you grading? There are so many factors you would have to take into consideration. I have been to every arena besides Gentile Koch would win the Atmosphere with JQH, and Carver being the only others I would consider. JQH would win the ammenities with McLeod and the Ford center being others I would consider. Memorabilia I would give a 3 way tie between Koch, SIU, and Hulman. If you are just a basketball fan wanting to see a game I think Koch would be my reccommendation. As far as arenas to avoid, I would say the Knapp center would be my choice as worst arena in the league. The mcloed center feels like a library the times I have been there so I'm not impressed from my personal perspective but, the Creighton game last year looked quite rockus.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BCPanther » April 15th, 2014, 12:07 pm

The McLeod Center is great when its full.

When its not full, not so much...
BCPanther
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball