Favorite Road Venue in MVC

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Favorite Road Venue in MVC

Postby DUBulldog » April 17th, 2014, 10:39 am

MoValley John wrote:UNI fans boasting about their crappynew high school gym, all the while making fun of Drake's crappy old high school gym.

Question of the day: Is the above funny, ironic or both?

I may be dating myself here, but this is like the owner of a Ford Maverick making fun of a guy who owns a Chevy Vega.

Holy shat...it's an MVJ sighting.

:Cheers:

How ya been, ya chucklehead?
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » April 17th, 2014, 12:10 pm

MoValley John wrote:UNI fans boasting about their crappynew high school gym, all the while making fun of Drake's crappy old high school gym.

I may be dating myself here, but this is like the owner of a Ford Maverick making fun of a guy who owns a Chevy Vega.

This from a guy/gal who supports Creighton which let's their women's hoops and volleyball teams play at D.J. Sokol arena. You don't have much room to talk when it comes to arenas.

Your basketball team's stadium is nice but it is still a glorified convention center. I am glad that Berkshire Hathaway has their big meeting late in the Spring, otherwise Blue Jay basketball wouldn't be able to play home games then.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » April 17th, 2014, 12:21 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:

This from a guy/gal who supports Creighton which let's their women's hoops and volleyball teams play at D.J. Sokol arena. You don't have much room to talk when it comes to arenas.

Your basketball team's stadium is nice but it is still a glorified convention center. I am glad that Berkshire Hathaway has their big meeting late in the Spring, otherwise Blue Jay basketball wouldn't be able to play home games then.

Really? This is what you're going with?

Several things.

1. You clearly have no understanding of MVJ.
2. I'll join the Creighton hate-wagon just about any day of the week, but to see it coming from a delusional MSU fan I can't even get on board.
3. You do realize where MSU plays their baseball games, right?
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird23 » April 17th, 2014, 1:05 pm

I sat on the bleachers during an ISU uni game there once my ass hurt so bad. It was either the bleachers or ISU once again losing at McLeod being honest though wasn't that impressed overall :huh:
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Redbird23 » April 17th, 2014, 1:12 pm

1.Swallowing my pride to say roundhouse has best environment with all the people they get.
2. Redbird and JQH look the nicest
3. McLeod and Gentile are nice looking glorified high school gyms
4. Ford and Carver are in downtown of their towns/cities
5. SIU is decent after the remodeling still not my fav
6. Hulman is weird with all the different colored seats and they made birds statue look like an ugly woman
7. Knapp is just a big old high school gym
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby MoValley John » April 17th, 2014, 1:21 pm

DUBulldog wrote:

Holy shat...it's an MVJ sighting.

:Cheers:

How ya been, ya chucklehead?

Just checked in and saw UNI fans knocking Drake's gym. My God! I know McLeod is newer and a little nicer than the Knapp, but come on!

The moral: If you drive a Gremlin, don't knock the guy driving a Pinto, it's just douchey.
There are three rules that I live by, never get less than 12 hours sleep, never gamble with a guy who has the same first name as a city and never get involved with a chick with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Stick to that and everything else is gravy!
MoValley John
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby musiccitybulldog » April 17th, 2014, 7:00 pm

I suppose anyplace looks "different" and fans look "mean" when the clock is running down and your team is behind.

I have always been impressed with the Shockers place. I can remember listening to Des Moines WHO radio's Jim Zabel in 1969 telling how the Henry Levitt arena was so hard to win in and you had to beat the crowd too. I was worried about the Bulldogs playing in the place.
Things haven't changed.
I like architecture so I like to look at the Frank Lloyd Wright house at Wichita.
And..I am still impressed with the WSU football stadium (you can surely see Kansas City from the top row).

I am old fashioned as I have a ton of fun no matter what arena we visit.

I do like the new Ford Center. Well lit..perfect for basketball.

The seats in the Hulman Center are comfortable and have really good activities to watch during time outs.

SIU staff is always very friendly and helpful. Always a good band.

I remember seeing Vincent Price in "House of Wax" in 3D and wore the glasses before going to a game in Peoria.

Nice little bar/restaurant just northwest of the Arena in Springfield. BIG, always hard to win there. Seems I always have trouble finding a parking spot no matter how early I am.

At the Knapp this year I sat on the end of the court packed in with a lot of Wichita fans, we had a great time. Was changing leads (in the first half) and a lot of friendly banter.

I will catch Loyola next year.
musiccitybulldog
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rambler63 » April 17th, 2014, 8:48 pm

In defense of Gentile, there is a bar less than 400 feet from its entrance.
Rambler63
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » April 17th, 2014, 9:14 pm

Rambler63 wrote:In defense of Gentile, there is a bar less than 400 feet from its entrance.

:Beer: :Cheers: :buddies:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby unipanther99 » April 18th, 2014, 10:09 am

MoValley John wrote:
Just checked in and saw UNI fans knocking Drake's gym. My God! I know McLeod is newer and a little nicer than the Knapp, but come on!

The moral: If you drive a Gremlin, don't knock the guy driving a Pinto, it's just douchey.

Our garage door is better than your garage door. :dance:
unipanther99
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball