Well done SIU...top 20!

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Well done SIU...top 20!

Postby COUTEAU » April 15th, 2014, 8:28 am

Not quite sure, this may have been posted before.
If so, forgive me, if not....found it an interesting read...enjoy.

http://www.stadiumjourney.com/news/03-2 ... kings-2014

go aces
COUTEAU
MVC starter
MVC starter

Well done SIU...top 20!

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Well done SIU...top 20!

Postby Wufan » April 15th, 2014, 10:58 am

Koch arena is 9th or 10th in the MVC on that list. Hmm? :huh:
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » April 15th, 2014, 11:07 am

Probably should include a disclaimer about how this was conducted over the course of 4 years which means that they probably only saw each arena just once so its completely dependent on a single game experience. I could maybe believe that the McLeod deserves to be in the Top 30 if you caught them playing a Iowa/ISU or Creighton/WSU game in the past few years. Then your comments about the student section are accurate. Any other game and their is just no way, save for the Sweet 16 season. I admire what they attempted to do but 1 game is such a tiny sample size.

I think these might've been the guys who caught the UNI-Creighton game and saw Anthony James hit the buzzer-beating 3. That was an incredible game atmosphere. I saw their blogpost the next week over on PantherNation and they raved about the entire experience. So it really doesn't shock me to see UNI up so high when in reality a typical McLeod experience is fairly average.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mike » April 15th, 2014, 11:11 am

It is surprising to see Koch Arena as the 9th best arena experience in the MVC.
Mike
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby DUBulldog » April 15th, 2014, 12:23 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:Probably should include a disclaimer about how this was conducted over the course of 4 years which means that they probably only saw each arena just once so its completely dependent on a single game experience. I could maybe believe that the McLeod deserves to be in the Top 30 if you caught them playing a Iowa/ISU or Creighton/WSU game in the past few years. Then your comments about the student section are accurate. Any other game and their is just no way, save for the Sweet 16 season. I admire what they attempted to do but 1 game is such a tiny sample size.

I think these might've been the guys who caught the UNI-Creighton game and saw Anthony James hit the buzzer-beating 3. That was an incredible game atmosphere. I saw their blogpost the next week over on PantherNation and they raved about the entire experience. So it really doesn't shock me to see UNI up so high when in reality a typical McLeod experience is fairly average.

Excellent point...hard to really judge based on one visit.

I just read their detailed breakdown of the Knapp Center.....never realized it was in downtown Des Moines. :huh:
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby PantherSigEp » April 15th, 2014, 10:38 pm

DUBulldog wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:Probably should include a disclaimer about how this was conducted over the course of 4 years which means that they probably only saw each arena just once so its completely dependent on a single game experience. I could maybe believe that the McLeod deserves to be in the Top 30 if you caught them playing a Iowa/ISU or Creighton/WSU game in the past few years. Then your comments about the student section are accurate. Any other game and their is just no way, save for the Sweet 16 season. I admire what they attempted to do but 1 game is such a tiny sample size.

Excellent point...hard to really judge based on one visit.

I just read their detailed breakdown of the Knapp Center.....never realized it was in downtown Des Moines. :huh:

They'd probably confuse Court Avenue for Bourbon Street if they think Drake is "downtown". Good lord.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » April 17th, 2014, 12:19 am

Mike wrote:It is surprising to see Koch Arena as the 9th best arena experience in the MVC.

Weird, considering I've seen other lists that have Koch Arena as the 7th best arena experience in the entire country.

That's a pretty laughable list.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball