2014-15 All-MVC predictions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: 2014-15 All-MVC predictions

Postby glm38 » June 9th, 2014, 5:58 pm

I'd take Baker as my 2 guard if I was starting a team. But Marshall and Beane are fine choices too. Not sure why anyone would criticize Bearz for picking Marshall. He's a fine player and he ( Bearz) is a Bears fan after all. Everyone makes homer picks whether they want to admit it or not. I just happen to love Bakers game or as a Bears fan I'd probably pick Marshall too.

And Marshall might not be much in the steals dept but he's not a poor defender. Lusk stated several times last year he was our best perimeter defender. He's quick and works hard on defense. And he definitely improved his strength last year before the injury.

The Shox have the best backcourt with Baker and FVV but IMO Marshall and Ruder are #2 and have the potential to really elevate the Bears the next couple of years.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » June 9th, 2014, 7:30 pm

Marshall and Ruder are as good as anyone when it comes to shooting
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » June 9th, 2014, 8:00 pm

I truly do like Beane as well as anyone; I thought he looked really good down the stretch his freshman year, then kinda got off to a poor start last year. But towards the end of conference last year he was unstoppable some nights. Marshall had injury problems early last year even before he went out for the remainder of the season and so it's hard to measure his performance. I actually was a little disappointed in him early last year. I give a lot of credit to Ballentine; it's one thing to go out and occasionally have a big night, but know there are a couple other guys who will draw the other teams attention as well , vs knowing if you don't get it done at a high level your team has little chance to win. The kid also had 100+ assists to go with about 23ppg, but like I said, needs defensive work. I don't have a problem with anybody promoting any of these guys as All MVC , to each their own. But I'll take our guy and hope he gets some help, keeps improving, and see where he gets us the next two years.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » June 9th, 2014, 8:21 pm

What procedure did Marshall have performed on his knee, and how is he progressing?

I understand they are a lot better at repairing knees than they used to be, but it's not every athlete that returns at full speed. Just curious as I hope he is 100%. I like the kid's game.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » June 10th, 2014, 6:21 am

He had two separate issues, but I don't believe either was an ACL or considered major in itself. The problem was he had the first one early, tried rest and rehab for about 3-4 weeks, came back and then did the more serious injury late in the WSU game. Reportedly he his doing well, but will probably not play in the summer league and continue to rehab and practice in more controlled settings. The major question is we are packed at the 2/3 positions , so does he play more a combo pg role with Williams and frosh Roundtree backing, or start at the 2g, meaning someone among Ruder/Mvouika/Kendrix/Gerring minutes are more limited. Or hell we may just go really small as Mvouika/Kendrix/Gerring all go 6'5 or a little bigger.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby sixth ace » June 18th, 2014, 6:52 pm

Not sure who wries this column but is somewhat different than the take on this board

http://splashurl.com/m7kfr4j
ACES
ACES
ACES
I'M ONBOARD
sixth ace
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » June 19th, 2014, 10:35 am

sixth ace wrote:Not sure who wries this column but is somewhat different than the take on this board

I'm not going to take anyone too seriously who includes this stellar stat line:

the Shockers lose stellar forward Cleanthony Early (26.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg in 2013-14)...
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jturner38 » June 19th, 2014, 11:34 am

I look for Khristian Smith and Justin Gant to be on the list. 2nd team or honorable mention. I could see Khristian being 2nd team and Gant being honorable mention.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Rollbird5 » June 19th, 2014, 11:41 am

sixth ace wrote:Not sure who wries this column but is somewhat different than the take on this board

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I had a pretty good laugh when I saw him predict Evansville at 3rd in conference. They are gunna be improved but the 2 times I saw them play all they do is have ballentine run off of screens and jack up shots. Him and Mockevideus aren't gunna beat the top 6 teams in conference by themselves. I'd put them behind wsu uni msu isu and siu
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » June 19th, 2014, 6:18 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but I had a pretty good laugh when I saw him predict Evansville at 3rd in conference. They are gunna be improved but the 2 times I saw them play all they do is have ballentine run off of screens and jack up shots. Him and Mockevideus aren't gunna beat the top 6 teams in conference by themselves. I'd put them behind wsu uni msu isu and siu

Right? Or the fact that it didn't even mention Milton Doyle, much less the fact that he, if anyone, will lead Loyola out of the cellar. I also believe that half of the "analysis" on SIU was about their bus getting stranded, not much else. C'mon.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball