Bradley @ K-State

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Bradley @ K-State

Postby Aargh » June 9th, 2014, 10:26 pm

Kansas State has announced a homegame against Bradley. Did Bradley actually take a buy game against Kansas State?
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Bradley @ K-State

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Bradley @ K-State

Postby TheAsianSensation » June 9th, 2014, 11:04 pm

No return game. A good ole fashioned buy game.

Frankly, BU's kind of backed themselves into a corner with their SoS the last couple of years. We'll take a buy game against a probable top 50 team for now, while we try and figure out how to get a decent home-and-home with someone, anyone decent. At least this year's schedule will get out of the bottom 100, at least.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Cdizzle » June 10th, 2014, 12:04 am

Aside from needing an improved SoS, apparently Bradley also really needs the money right now.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Mikovio » June 10th, 2014, 1:32 pm

I really don't think BU desperately needs an $80k check from K-State, or they'd be doing more buy games and not going to Vegas to play UC Irvine and UWGB. I'm hoping Cross is taking SOS more seriously in light of the consequences it could have w/r/t standings tiebreakers, and I'm fine with one of these if it's with an elite program.

ESPN has K-State 23rd (WSU 5th) in its preseason top 25 so I see it as an SOS booster with an opportunity to grab some headlines:

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketba ... ne-edition
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » June 10th, 2014, 2:10 pm

I wish Drake would do one of these each year. What can it hurt?
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird23 » June 10th, 2014, 2:46 pm

ISU had to buy game at Louisville last year, almost able to pull it off. Don't like BU but be big for the conference for them to win. ISU wasn't able to schedule quality opponents but Muller has been able to do it with Louisville, Dayton (H/H), VCU (H/H), DePaul (H/H), Northwestern (Cancelled final two games) hopefully Ford can start to get some decent opponents and maybe bring some in to Carver like they did with Michigan.
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby inwuwetrust » June 10th, 2014, 2:50 pm

Drakey wrote:I wish Drake would do one of these each year. What can it hurt?

you run the risk of whoring out your program to the highest bidder. glad marshall doesn't and won't take a check from anyone - now we have the respect and good programs coming to play us without playing at their place twice or having to take a buy game on the road to face good competition.
inwuwetrust
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Mikovio » June 10th, 2014, 3:45 pm

Given how bad Bradley has been for the last few years, I doubt many top 25 programs will agree to a home and home. If we want to play top 25 teams (except WSU) we need to rely on in season tournaments, do buy games, or hire a coach's son as DBO like we did with Beilein/Michigan. Hopefully we can elevate our play soon and lure some top teams to Carver straight up again.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » June 10th, 2014, 4:38 pm

I think this is good for Bradley and the MVC.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Snaggletooth » June 10th, 2014, 5:34 pm

nothing wrong with a buy game here or there.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball