Most important thing for the valley to be successful is...

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Most important thing for the valley to be successful is.

Postby Championz » June 18th, 2014, 12:16 am

BUDude wrote:
Championz wrote:I just checked in on the Creighton board and there are literally more Bluejay fans posting here right now than on their own board. I'm not sure what that means exactly.

It means you should stop checking the Creighton board.

That's why I was just "checking in". I didn't even read anything. Just checked the activity levels.
I just find it a little odd that there's more activity on a board they no longer are affiliated with than one of their own team's. I think what it really means is that there are a lot of Creighton fans out there that are missing the Valley, are not getting the respect/attention from their Big East cohorts, and are still sensitive to what is said on here, even though it should matter little to them (or perhaps the truth hurts and they can't help themselves). It also may mean they need to give themselves something to entertain themselves with, as the future ahead looks murky.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby BUDude » June 18th, 2014, 6:07 am

Looks like plenty of traffic on their board to me. Still don't understand why all you WSU guys are obsessed with a team no longer here.
BUDude
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Cdizzle » June 18th, 2014, 8:19 am

BUDude wrote:Looks like plenty of traffic on their board to me. Still don't understand why all you WSU guys are obsessed with a team no longer here.

I wouldn't call it obsession. I also wouldn't say they are no longer here....

I did like the direction of the board the past few months without them being around much. Lots of civil discourse and information.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Veritas » June 18th, 2014, 8:50 am

BUDude wrote:Looks like plenty of traffic on their board to me. Still don't understand why all you WSU guys are obsessed with a team no longer here.

Only speaking for myself here...,
Shockers have no rivals in the MoVal. There aren't any dates being circled on the calendar. Tulsa used to be that school. There was a lot of give and take between Shocker and BJ fans. BJs would probably say the same thing though most of them believe SIU was their MoVal rival. It's all part of the rhetoric.
That void is somewhat missed mainly because the Shox are now on a geographic island without any peers.
We miss looking forward to a specific school and the anticipated beat down. For a number of years, whether it baseball or basketball, CU was that school, and it was fun.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Championz » June 18th, 2014, 9:05 am

Prior today's "burst" in activity, there was 1 post in a 48 hour period on their basketball board. So my point still stands.
As far as your last statement, aren't we asking the same thing about the Creighton fans being here?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Drakey » June 18th, 2014, 10:11 am

There are several schools in the Valley trending upward. While WSU is currently by far the best team and program I anticipate that will change in the future. The West Coast conference had one good program for several years. I think as a result of that several other programs were able to elevate and become competitive. I think the schools with the best chance of building a successful Basketball program at this time are the schools without a money draining scholarship football team. Others might be able to do it, but it is certainly more difficult. UNI is obviously in pretty good shape as long as they keep their coach, and Hinson may get something done at SIU.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Postby DoubleJayAlum » June 18th, 2014, 11:32 am

Championz wrote:

Prior today's "burst" in activity, there was 1 post in a 48 hour period on their basketball board. So my point still stands.

You realize there is more than one Creighton board, right?

I find a great deal of irony in the WSU posters who continually talk about Creighton, yet claim to be surprised when CU fans check in here periodically.
DoubleJayAlum
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » June 18th, 2014, 11:57 am

DoubleJayAlum wrote:
Championz wrote:

You realize there is more than one Creighton board, right?

I find a great deal of irony in the WSU posters who continually talk about Creighton, yet claim to be surprised when CU fans check in here periodically.

By "check-in" you mean follow WSU? What percentage of your posts on this forum since CU departed have not been related to WSU? I'll put the over/under at 5%.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ictjay » June 18th, 2014, 4:48 pm

]

Uh Mr. Cdizzle, CU should have a permanent forum on SN. Its quite humorous to read on any day references to CU's demise, Big East, attendance, beer, and on and on. That is why we come back. This obsession has gone on from day one and its funnier than hell to read. Championz, sorry to disappoint you, but the move to the Big East has been a huge success. The new Championship Center is off the charts. 2 top 100 recruits just arrived on campus and 3 transfers who picked CU over the likes of KU, Iowa, Arizona and so on. Its all good.
ictjay
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Veritas » June 18th, 2014, 9:45 pm

ictjay wrote:]

Uh Mr. Cdizzle, CU should have a permanent forum on SN. Its quite humorous to read on any day references to CU's demise, Big East, attendance, beer, and on and on. That is why we come back. This obsession has gone on from day one and its funnier than hell to read. Championz, sorry to disappoint you, but the move to the Big East has been a huge success. The new Championship Center is off the charts. 2 top 100 recruits just arrived on campus and 3 transfers who picked CU over the likes of KU, Iowa, Arizona and so on. Its all good.

Sorry ICTjay, you are probably a decent guy, but a few contrasting perceptions regarding your post.

1. CU will NEVER out recruit any player from Kansas if KU really wants that player unless that player is:
a. from OMAHA
b. was never going to get any playing time at KU
c. was being recruited as a scrub sub or practice team player

2. Your Championship Center, while nice, Is pretty much what every other Valley school already has. CU does not own their own arena, rents their facility, and finally builds a facility that nearly every other Valley team has had for years.

3. I'll admit, I'm a bit envious over your inclusion in the nBE, but I wouldn't say it's been a "huge success". You probably would have received more publicity if you weren't shrouded in the mysterious network of FS1 and instead rode on the coat-tails of WSU this past season in the MoVal. I believe that WSU's TV ratings far exceeded CU's this past season. Additionally, the other nBE sports seem to be really terrible with baseball pretty much at the bottom. And travel must be a bitch. So while I applaud your acceptance into the nBE, let's not get carried away. You still play in a non-BCS league and the best year you've probably every had in basketball was a distant 2nd fiddle to your old MoVal cousin.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball