Wichita State Day at KC Royals Game.

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby Aargh » June 22nd, 2014, 11:52 am

Fred VanVleet, Ron Baker, and Tekele Cotton combined to throw 2 "first" pitches at the Kansas City Royals game Saturday, June 21. Baker, who was an all-state shortstop, bounced his to Cotton. VanVleet delivered a strike to WuShock (WSU's mascot).

The Royals will also be having days for KU, K-State, and Missouri.

http://www.kansas.com/2014/06/21/3519806/vanvleet-bests-baker-in-shocker.html
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Wichita State Day at KC Royals Game.

Postby Rollbird5 » June 22nd, 2014, 12:03 pm

Aargh wrote:Fred VanVleet, Ron Baker, and Tekele Cotton combined to throw 2 "first" pitches at the Kansas City Royals game Saturday, June 21. Baker, who was an all-state shortstop, bounced his to Cotton. VanVleet delivered a strike to WuShock (WSU's mascot).

The Royals will also be having days for KU, K-State, and Missouri.

http://www.kansas.com/2014/06/21/3519806/vanvleet-bests-baker-in-shocker.html

That's a neat idea, sounds like it was a fun day for wsu fans there!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » June 25th, 2014, 10:08 am

Pretty cool. And one of the best things is that I am sure all of those Wichita State boys signed autographs for everybody. Something that snobbish KU, KSU, and MU athletes wouldn't do I bet. You have an obligation to do so I would say.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » June 25th, 2014, 10:39 am

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Pretty cool. And one of the best things is that I am sure all of those Wichita State boys signed autographs for everybody. Something that snobbish KU, KSU, and MU athletes wouldn't do I bet. You have an obligation to do so I would say.

Missouri State players wouldn't have to worry about that, because no one would recognize them...oh, WAIT! MSU didn't get invited to an MSU day by the MLB team in their home state.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » June 25th, 2014, 11:21 am

Aargh wrote:
CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:Pretty cool. And one of the best things is that I am sure all of those Wichita State boys signed autographs for everybody. Something that snobbish KU, KSU, and MU athletes wouldn't do I bet. You have an obligation to do so I would say.

Missouri State players wouldn't have to worry about that, because no one would recognize them...oh, WAIT! MSU didn't get invited to an MSU day by the MLB team in their home state.

We are talking bout the Royals. As far as popularity, in Missouri, they are the equivalent of the team in Springfield.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » June 25th, 2014, 11:23 am

saluki762 wrote:
Aargh wrote:

We are talking bout the Royals. As far as popularity, in Missouri, they are the equivalent of the team in Springfield.

No way. They are contending and might even make the post-season this year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » June 25th, 2014, 11:45 am

Cdizzle wrote:No way. They are contending and might even make the post-season this year.

Just having a little fun as a Cardinals fan.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » June 25th, 2014, 11:50 am

saluki762 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:No way. They are contending and might even make the post-season this year.

I'm with you. Just having fun as a Shox fan.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » June 25th, 2014, 12:21 pm

saluki762 wrote:

I like the Royals BUT we went to a Royals/Cards game a few weeks ago (in KC) and there were literally more Cards fans than Royals fans at Kauffman that day. Kind of sad really. Hopefully that changes when the Royals can consistently win.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » June 25th, 2014, 12:55 pm

If only MSU had players to be in such a dire position.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball