NBA Draft

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NBA Draft

Postby saluki762 » July 15th, 2014, 8:30 pm

Born2Shock wrote:So he had a chance to go to Chicago and compete for a title, but for less money. Instead he chose to stay in NY and sign a bigger deal. He could have put himself in a position to win with the Bulls, but turned it down. How does that prove anything other than he is about the money?

He would have left 60 million on the table to go to the Bulls. He is much smarter by taking the Knicks money and putting faith in Phil Jackson. No guarantee he wins a ring with the Bulls and he loses 60 million dollars. Let me repeat that again........60 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!

If the difference was a couple of million, I would agree that this was a bad move but it was 60 MILLION DOLLARS. Unless you are a couple of billion deep, you would be incredibly stupid to leave that on the table.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jturner38 » July 15th, 2014, 9:34 pm

What you fail to realize the ONLY way he could go to the Bulls was through a sign and trade. The teams have to agree to the deal in order for him to go. Knicks were not taking Boozer. But the only way they would of took him if Bulls offered Gibson which the Bulls were not gonna do.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Born2Shock » July 16th, 2014, 6:55 am

saluki762 wrote:
Born2Shock wrote:So he had a chance to go to Chicago and compete for a title, but for less money. Instead he chose to stay in NY and sign a bigger deal. He could have put himself in a position to win with the Bulls, but turned it down. How does that prove anything other than he is about the money?

He would have left 60 million on the table to go to the Bulls. He is much smarter by taking the Knicks money and putting faith in Phil Jackson. No guarantee he wins a ring with the Bulls and he loses 60 million dollars. Let me repeat that again........60 MILLION DOLLARS!!!!!!!!!!!

If the difference was a couple of million, I would agree that this was a bad move but it was 60 MILLION DOLLARS. Unless you are a couple of billion deep, you would be incredibly stupid to leave that on the table.

Im not saying he did the wrong thing (especially financially, obviously), but as was pointed out previously, he has not shown much interest in trying to land on a title contender. Thats all that was being said. I dont know why some diatribe about an NBA eye test about defense got started.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby glm38 » July 17th, 2014, 11:45 am

I do watch and follow the NBA pretty closely. Melo just isn't a top tier superstar at the same level as Lebron and Duncan for example. And I don't think he ever gets to that point. He's a terrific and gifted offensive player but he just doesn't have the all around game and mental toughness that the true greats have.

I don't care what "situation" he's in I don't think you win a title with him as your best player. When Melo was with Denver they actually got better the year after he was traded. And several of his former teammates were quoted as saying how it became more of a team game ( in Denver ) after he was gone.

I think Cle gets some PT this year. Maybe he'll even start with Melo but in that scenario he probably won't get many shots!
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Haha » July 21st, 2014, 7:54 pm

rookie of the day on sunday, 15 and 10

http://www.nba.com/video/channels/top_p ... 0_28145556
Haha
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball