Jake Odum playing in the NBA Summer league

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby jturner38 » July 2nd, 2014, 6:47 am

JO has signed to play for the Pacers. In an article he has stated he had numerous offers, more than people would think, but the Pacers put him in the best position to succeed because he wouldnt have to play behind Lottery picks. His agent said that it's highly probable that another team will pick him up for the Las Vegas NBA summer league as well. For those that don't know their are 2 Summer leagues. And he gets to play with a guy who everybody is familiar with from the MVC. The Redbirds own Jackie Carmichael. Here's the website to see the roster, game times, etc.

http://www.vigilantsports.com/2014/06/3 ... gent-camp/
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Jake Odum playing in the NBA Summer league

Postby Wufan » July 2nd, 2014, 10:49 am

Nick Wiggins was also picked up by the Kings for summer league.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » July 2nd, 2014, 11:59 am

jturner38 wrote:JO has signed to play for the Pacers. In an article he has stated he had numerous offers, more than people would think, but the Pacers put him in the best position to succeed because he wouldnt have to play behind Lottery picks. His agent said that it's highly probable that another team will pick him up for the Las Vegas NBA summer league as well. For those that don't know their are 2 Summer leagues. And he gets to play with a guy who everybody is familiar with from the MVC. The Redbirds own Jackie Carmichael. Here's the website to see the roster, game times, etc.

I'd love to see some odum to carmichael alley-oops!
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby jturner38 » July 2nd, 2014, 2:40 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:
jturner38 wrote:JO has signed to play for the Pacers. In an article he has stated he had numerous offers, more than people would think, but the Pacers put him in the best position to succeed because he wouldnt have to play behind Lottery picks. His agent said that it's highly probable that another team will pick him up for the Las Vegas NBA summer league as well. For those that don't know their are 2 Summer leagues. And he gets to play with a guy who everybody is familiar with from the MVC. The Redbirds own Jackie Carmichael. Here's the website to see the roster, game times, etc.

I'd love to see some odum to carmichael alley-oops!

You can if you have NBA TV. You would have to check the website to see what cable providers have it.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby jturner38 » July 3rd, 2014, 8:59 am

Wufan wrote:Nick Wiggins was also picked up by the Kings for summer league.

Looks like JO just got picked up by the Kings for the Las Vegas League which is the 2nd Summer League and will join Nick. JO must be doin really well in his workouts. JO will now play in both Summer Leagues.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby uniftw » July 3rd, 2014, 11:03 am

Hey....did you know his younger brother is Andrew Wiggins?

*Sorry...still stuck in my make fun of ESPN during Shocker games mode as they found a way to work that into every 4th sentence.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby rlh04d » July 5th, 2014, 3:00 am

uniftw wrote:

*Sorry...still stuck in my make fun of ESPN during Shocker games mode as they found a way to work that into every 4th sentence.

Announcers with a fun fact to share during down-moments of games are the bane of my existence.

Between that "fun fact" and FSU's TE being Jack Nicklaus' grandson, I started muting a lot of games by the end of football and basketball season.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby uniftw » July 5th, 2014, 5:32 pm

rlh04d wrote:
uniftw wrote:

Announcers with a fun fact to share during down-moments of games are the bane of my existence.

Between that "fun fact" and FSU's TE being Jack Nicklaus' grandson, I started muting a lot of games by the end of football and basketball season.

I made an official game out of counting the Wiggins mention last season. Everytime I was mentioned I did was I just did on Twitter, but each time made it more and more sarcastic in nature. That lasted for one half of one game. By half time I was out of ways to be more snarky, and that takes some doing with me.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ptownbraves » July 8th, 2014, 9:45 am

Walt Lemon also playing in the NBA Summer League with Golden State.

http://www.bradleybraves.com/ViewArticl ... =209541929
ptownbraves
All MVC
All MVC

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball