Block/Charge rule

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Block/Charge rule

Postby Championz » July 12th, 2014, 3:34 pm

Snaggletooth wrote: Oh you mean the THEATRICS OF FLOPPING should be rewarded.

Um no? Where did he say that?

Taking a legitimate charge is indeed a skill play. Most of the time it's pretty obvious what is a charge and what is Drama Class 101.

Why does the offensive player get so many benefits in the game? I absolutely can't stand the out-of-control player that plows into a defender that's just standing there and the defensive player gets called for a foul. How exactly is that fair? How exactly are you supposed to defend?

Go back to the old way, don't call the flops, and stop the insanity.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Snaggletooth » July 12th, 2014, 10:30 pm

Championz wrote:
Snaggletooth wrote: Oh you mean the THEATRICS OF FLOPPING should be rewarded.

Um no? Where did he say that?

come on, most MVC schools spend more time learning the flop than learning to move their feet and stand their ground.

Taking a legitimate charge is indeed a skill play. Most of the time it's pretty obvious what is a charge and what is Drama Class 101.
I don't know about skill, but I would agree it is pretty obvious, except it doesn't get called that way with the flopper.

Why does the offensive player get so many benefits in the game? I absolutely can't stand the out-of-control player that plows into a defender that's just standing there and the defensive player gets called for a foul. How exactly is that fair? How exactly are you supposed to defend?

so you want the block/charge rule to be more strict?

Actually the rule changes occurred because you have been seeing the defense getting to many benefits where they can bump, grab and flop at will.

Personally I don't care either way, Marshall team will adapt to however they are going to call the game. Just like this year, they took plenty of charge calls, because they did what was asked - it was pretty cool when some guard came in out-of-control and the defender just stood his ground and didn't flop and just took it - most of the time it was the guard who was on his butt as he hit the WSU brick wall.

Go back to the old way, don't call the flops, and stop the insanity.
seems like an oxymoron as the old way was flopping.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball