"Historic Announcement" coming 7/9 (re: Conference Tourney)

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: "Historic Announcement" coming 7/9 (re: Conference Tourn

Postby Mikovio » July 9th, 2014, 3:04 pm

This is an outrage! The Illinois Valley Conference should have its tournament in Illinois!

If it ain't broke don't fix it. Well, fix the shot clock.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » July 9th, 2014, 3:06 pm

Mikovio wrote:If it ain't broke don't fix it. Well, fix the shot clock.

WSU fans have been yelling this for years, and were mocked for it. Funny how that works.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Aargh » July 9th, 2014, 4:29 pm

When "1.9 seconds" actually lasts a bit longer than 4 seconds, the shot clocks are definitely "fixed".

The only fanbase that actually supports the tournament gets to continue the 7-hour drive. And the part between KC and StL is BRUTAL!
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby CaseyGarrisonforPrez » July 9th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Aargh wrote:When "1.9 seconds" actually lasts a bit longer than 4 seconds, the shot clocks are definitely "fixed".

The only fanbase that actually supports the tournament gets to continue the 7-hour drive. And the part between KC and StL is BRUTAL!

While I much prefer a KC version of Arch Madness, this continuing motif that only Wichita fans support the tournament is getting to be a bit tired. It's pretty easy to support a program who is having success. SIU people were everywhere when they were successful. This is all cyclical.
CaseyGarrisonforPrez
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » July 9th, 2014, 5:54 pm

CaseyGarrisonforPrez wrote:
Aargh wrote:When "1.9 seconds" actually lasts a bit longer than 4 seconds, the shot clocks are definitely "fixed".

While I much prefer a KC version of Arch Madness, this continuing motif that only Wichita fans support the tournament is getting to be a bit tired. It's pretty easy to support a program who is having success. SIU people were everywhere when they were successful. This is all cyclical.

I can't find the numbers or a seating chart for 2008 or 09 but I can guarantee we weren't struggling to sell the minimum number of tickets.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » July 9th, 2014, 7:10 pm

I would have gone to KC every other year. That said, I am much happier with my 20 minute drive to the tourney.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » July 9th, 2014, 8:13 pm

SIU only 20 minutes away. Casey, you once again show why you have the title of the Dumbest Rock in the Desert.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Dean Wormer » July 9th, 2014, 8:29 pm

mvcfan wrote:

SIU only 20 minutes away. Casey, you once again show why you have the title of the Dumbest Rock in the Desert.

I really have no desire to defend Casey, but calling a guy out as stupid after stating Carbondale is 20 minutes from St. Louis is pretty much pot-kettle.

Google lists it at 104.7 miles and a drive time of 1 hour and 53 minutes.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » July 9th, 2014, 8:44 pm

In my efforts to not be the most dense rock in the desert, I'm going to make a wild guess that saluki762 doesn't live in Carbondle. I doubt many SIU alums live in Carbondale. There's just not that many college grad jobs there to support a large alumni population.

It seems likely that there are more SIU alums living in STL than in Carbondale. There are probably a lot of SIU alums who have "a 20 minute drive" to Arch Madness.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » July 9th, 2014, 10:19 pm

Let's see some good hard facts to back up your flaming claims. When's the last time MSU outdrew WSU in all-session tickets?

If it's all cyclical, how come it's been over 15 years since MSU last made NCAA relevance and made the dance?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball