NOY 2014-2015

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: NOY 2014-2015

Postby uniftw » July 26th, 2014, 5:45 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
Wufan wrote:
uniftw wrote:I don't think any UNI players get the award.

Two with a chance

Paul Jeserpsen and Wyatt Lohaus.

Interesting note:

Bennett Koch has gained 22 lbs since his freshman year and is now listed at 6-9, 232. Should be a big help to the Panthers after a RS freshman season.

There's no way he was even 210 when he got on campus. Sure, he was 6'8 or so but the dude could've hid behind a light pole. I haven't seen him recently so it'll be interesting to see how much bigger he looks. Still growing too, I've heard. Could be 6'10 or 6'11 even by next year.

I've heard from people I trust that the 230-235 weight is accurate. Height I've heard anywhere from 6'9-6'11. That doesn't make a huge difference.

He still has a ways to go to be college ready though. The big thing was getting his body ready last year, as PSEP said, 210 was VERY generous last season. His growth plates are still open. I've heard from people that doctors could reasonably see him at 7'+ and closer to 260lbs
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » July 26th, 2014, 5:53 pm

I scanned an envelope on the MSU AD's desk, and the letter inside was signed by 15 doctors who placed a consensus on Bennett Koch's final size at 7'9" 313 lbs. They expect his superior size combined with ridiculous athleticism will allow him to go FT line to FT line in 3 strides, and enable him to leap any player shorter than 6'8" while dunking from the 3PT line.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » July 26th, 2014, 8:40 pm

Cdizzle wrote:I scanned an envelope on the MSU AD's desk, and the letter inside was signed by 15 doctors who placed a consensus on Bennett Koch's final size at 7'9" 313 lbs. They expect his superior size combined with ridiculous athleticism will allow him to go FT line to FT line in 3 strides, and enable him to leap any player shorter than 6'8" while dunking from the 3PT line.

Then can we just take our banners now? Thanks everyone.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » July 26th, 2014, 8:58 pm

PantherSigEp wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:I scanned an envelope on the MSU AD's desk, and the letter inside was signed by 15 doctors who placed a consensus on Bennett Koch's final size at 7'9" 313 lbs. They expect his superior size combined with ridiculous athleticism will allow him to go FT line to FT line in 3 strides, and enable him to leap any player shorter than 6'8" while dunking from the 3PT line.

Then can we just take our banners now? Thanks everyone.

Banner(s)? Which ones? You think that's going to be enough?

Ha.

:dance:
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby 2livewu » July 26th, 2014, 11:35 pm

It would appear that some fans are applying the Ron Baker "I redshirted and then became a likely draft pick" progression theorem.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby PantherSigEp » July 26th, 2014, 11:56 pm

2livewu wrote:It would appear that some fans are applying the Ron Baker "I redshirted and then became a likely draft pick" progression theorem.

Yeah Cdizzle, put down the Kool-Aid down you homer. ;)

Dude, I don't think any posts have even mentioned that he would be playing much this year...probably because he won't.
:huh:
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » July 27th, 2014, 7:23 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
2livewu wrote:It would appear that some fans are applying the Ron Baker "I redshirted and then became a likely draft pick" progression theorem.

Dude, I don't think any posts have even mentioned that he would be playing much this year...probably because he won't.

Not trying to start a pissing match here, but I was lead to believe that Koch would be a key back-up for the Panthers next season. The 1-3 positions for the Panthers appears to be as deep as anyone in the conference (Washpun/Mitchell, Bohannon/Lohaus, Morgan/Jesperson) and the starting 4/5 are top notch with Buss and Tuttle. The Achilles hill would appear to be the back-ups to these two. Singleton is serviceable, but if not Koch, then who?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby PantherSigEp » July 27th, 2014, 7:44 am

Wufan wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:

Not trying to start a pissing match here, but I was lead to believe that Koch would be a key back-up for the Panthers next season. The 1-3 positions for the Panthers appears to be as deep as anyone in the conference (Washpun/Mitchell, Bohannon/Lohaus, Morgan/Jesperson) and the starting 4/5 are top notch with Buss and Tuttle. The Achilles hill would appear to be the back-ups to these two. Singleton is serviceable, but if not Koch, then who?

Ted Friedman and Bennett will split the mins for backing up Tuttle. Ted was essentially our only backup 5 last year so I don't see the issue getting worse but yes, it is certainly the Panthers biggest weakness. Jacobson also won't be afraid to play a 4 guard lineup with Buss/Tuttle as the lone "big" when one of the others needs a rest. You could bet that if that type of lineup is necessary you'll also see Jesperson and Morgan on that floor to compensate for the height disparity since both of them are taller guards at 6'6 and 6'5 respectively.

Koch will probably get the most backup mins but we've yet to see him play against college competition so it's difficult to make any type of prediction on his playing time/effectiveness. I doubt he emerges as some super-sub in his freshmen season.
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird23 » July 27th, 2014, 9:01 am

I think its gonna be Hawkins or Purcell
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » July 27th, 2014, 9:28 am

PantherSigEp wrote:
Ted Friedman and Bennett will split the mins for backing up Tuttle. Ted was essentially our only backup 5 last year so I don't see the issue getting worse but yes, it is certainly the Panthers biggest weakness. Jacobson also won't be afraid to play a 4 guard lineup with Buss/Tuttle as the lone "big" when one of the others needs a rest. You could bet that if that type of lineup is necessary you'll also see Jesperson and Morgan on that floor to compensate for the height disparity since both of them are taller guards at 6'6 and 6'5 respectively.

Koch will probably get the most backup mins but we've yet to see him play against college competition so it's difficult to make any type of prediction on his playing time/effectiveness. I doubt he emerges as some super-sub in his freshmen season.

So then are you projecting an 8 man rotation of Washpun, Mitchell, Bohannon, Lohaus, Morgan, Jesperson, Buss, and Tuttle? Singleton, Koch, and Friedman play based on match-ups/foul trouble/injuries?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball