Projecting Rotations

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Projecting Rotations

Postby DUBulldog » July 29th, 2014, 3:23 pm

Wufan wrote:Drake's preseason storyline:

The Bulldogs are in rebuild mode this year…again. Gary Ricks returns after being granted an extra year and the 6-11 norseman, Jacob Engvold, is a year older. The rest of the rotation will be filled by senior PG Jordan Daniels and a slew of skilled but underwhelming 6-6 wings. Five freshman will be relied upon to provide depth and two transfers will sit out and wait till 2015-16 before taking the court. Coach Gia will work on developing talent this year, but even if some of the newcomers are able to produce immediately, it's hard to predict Drake as anything more than a Thursday night team in St. Louis.

Daniels was a PG at Boston College, but did not play the point at all last season for DU. I would expect Karl Madison and Reed Timmer to split duties at the point early in the season, with Timmer getting more time as the season progresses. I also expect Ore Arogundade to be a starter at the 2 or 3, probably the 3, with Ricks at the 2. No idea who will start at the '4'; there are several possibilities.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby glm38 » July 29th, 2014, 4:49 pm

Wufan wrote:
glm38 wrote:
FVV didn't play huge minutes his freshman year for you but do you really think he "didn't have a signifcant contribution"? I thought he did. He was the backup PG and he hit some big shots and made some big plays for the Shox. I'm not saying Roundtree is in his class. But I think he'll be a very good Valley point and while I don't see him starting I think its possible he contributes big off the bench.

I have no doubt that FVV was a key for the Shockers in his freshman season. Roundtree might have the same impact, but I tried to keep the analysis limited to 7-10 players per team, and with what MSU has at his position, I didn't see it as worthy of an off-season storyline. Corey Henderson, a freshman at WSU is almost certain to be the primary back-up to FVV this year, but I didn't see it fit to mention as Cory is not the storyline for this year. Same with RS freshman Shaq Morris. It's quite possible he could start; or he might be barrier on the bench. The Shockers success is not dependent on Morris/Henderson this year, and MSUs success is not dependent on Roundtree. Rather, the Bears will be looking to shore up the defense and rebounding and that's not where Roundtree excels.

What you said in your first post regarding FVV does not equal what you just said in this one. But whatever. I do appreciate your detailed analysis in the basketball wasteland of summer.

We'll see about Roundtree. You never know how a freshman will react in his first year but I think it's possible he takes minutes from Dorrian Williams this year.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball