What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

What happens next?

Wichita St leaves for a better league
37%
Missouri St, IllinoisSt, UNI move up to FBS
25%
MVC expands
37%

Total votes : 107

Re: What's the next realignment domino to fall?

Postby SubGod22 » March 1st, 2016, 5:49 pm

If you don't go round-robin than divisions is the best and easiest way to go.

From the last go about finding a replacement, I got the feeling that Wichita wasn't big on ORU and that's always been the talk about adding them. Denver did show a little progress but seems to have slid back again. I'd be good with a Denver/NMSU add if Denver were ready. But I'm also not sure Denver is all that interested. Arlington is another program I've been watching to see if they can improve and do so with a little consistency. They've had a pretty good season and a few years ago claimed to be making a commitment to basketball. I believe UTA and Little Rock are the two non-football schools of the Belt and both are having good years. How sustainable they are I have no clue.
www.wheatshockers.com

Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them.

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

Unemployment insurance is a prepaid vacation for freeloaders.
SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby uniftw » March 2nd, 2016, 10:33 am

The Summit has reached out to NMSU.

The Valley can't lose NMSU to The freaking Summit and maintain the .0001% respectability it has from WSU and UNI.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby SubGod22 » March 2nd, 2016, 11:12 am

This is all on the poor sisters if NMSU isn't added. They do nothing but strengthen the basketball conference and that's where the MVC can get noticed. I have no doubt that WSU would be on board. However, we would need 7 others to vote yes. I believe UNI would favor it as well as MSU. I thought Bradley would be in favor of it but after reading their thoughts over at their board, I'm starting to wonder. Hopefully their administration has more foresight than their fans do.

I have no idea where Drake would stand. The IL schools have financial problems from what I've heard and may only favor a school they can bus to. And I have no idea how the two IN schools would look at it. My guess is NMSU would never get the 8 votes necessary because this conference isn't concerned about improving outside of a couple of schools.
www.wheatshockers.com

The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help.

SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » March 2nd, 2016, 12:29 pm

SubGod22 wrote:This is all on the poor sisters if NMSU isn't added. They do nothing but strengthen the basketball conference and that's where the MVC can get noticed. I have no doubt that WSU would be on board. However, we would need 7 others to vote yes. I believe UNI would favor it as well as MSU. I thought Bradley would be in favor of it but after reading their thoughts over at their board, I'm starting to wonder. Hopefully their administration has more foresight than their fans do.

I have no idea where Drake would stand. The IL schools have financial problems from what I've heard and may only favor a school they can bus to. And I have no idea how the two IN schools would look at it. My guess is NMSU would never get the 8 votes necessary because this conference isn't concerned about improving outside of a couple of schools.

Sadly I think this is true.

There are a handful of schools in Illinois in real danger of closing it's doors so we will never get votes from them.

Reality is only WSU and UNI care about trying to make the league better. MSU might care but they want out. Illinois schools only care about bus trips. Indiana schools are essentially the Illinois schools. Drake, well, I don't know about them honestly.
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redhawk » March 2nd, 2016, 1:43 pm

uniftw wrote:
SubGod22 wrote:This is all on the poor sisters if NMSU isn't added. They do nothing but strengthen the basketball conference and that's where the MVC can get noticed. I have no doubt that WSU would be on board. However, we would need 7 others to vote yes. I believe UNI would favor it as well as MSU. I thought Bradley would be in favor of it but after reading their thoughts over at their board, I'm starting to wonder. Hopefully their administration has more foresight than their fans do.

Sadly I think this is true.

There are a handful of schools in Illinois in real danger of closing it's doors so we will never get votes from them.

Reality is only WSU and UNI care about trying to make the league better. MSU might care but they want out. Illinois schools only care about bus trips. Indiana schools are essentially the Illinois schools. Drake, well, I don't know about them honestly.

Sadly I think you two really have no clue regarding ISUr and it's finances...but it doesn't really matter though since only WSU and UNI care about making the league better. :huh:
Redhawk
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbird Recon » March 2nd, 2016, 1:49 pm

Redhawk wrote:There are a handful of schools in Illinois in real danger of closing it's doors so we will never get votes from them.

Illinois State is nowhere close to closing their doors. SIU has also had their president say as much.
Twitter: @RedbirdRecon
Blog: redbirdrecon.blogspot.com
Redbird Recon
All MVC
All MVC

Postby SubGod22 » March 2nd, 2016, 1:56 pm

Redbird Recon wrote:
Redhawk wrote:There are a handful of schools in Illinois in real danger of closing it's doors so we will never get votes from them.

Illinois State is nowhere close to closing their doors. SIU has also had their president say as much.

Nobody is saying that any of the MVC schools will be closing their doors, but the State money they receive is going down with the current conditions of the state. That may cause the administration to say they don't want to have to send teams to NM to play because it's an extra expense.
www.wheatshockers.com

SubGod22
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdgrad » March 2nd, 2016, 2:44 pm

uniftw wrote:
Reality is only WSU and UNI care about trying to make the league better.

Of all the things I've read on this board... this one takes the cake. Holy....
Redbirdgrad
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BirdsEyeView » March 2nd, 2016, 3:29 pm

uniftw wrote:

You clearly don't know a lot about many things...

Your thoughts don't make things fact.
BirdsEyeView
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BradleyFan71 » March 2nd, 2016, 5:14 pm

BradleyBrave wrote:New Mexico St and Oral Roberts? Create an east and a west?

EAST

Bradley
Illinois St
Indiana St
Loyola
Southern Illinois
Evansville

WEST

Drake
UNI
Missouri St
Wichita St
Oral Roberts
New Mexico St

18 games - home-and-home against divisional opponents, 1 game against each of the other division opponents.

Would work for me.

Only 16 conference games? :x
BradleyFan71
MVC starter
MVC starter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball