College Sports Madness Top 144 Preview

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby jturner38 » July 30th, 2014, 1:10 pm

It looks like whoever did the previews has done their fair amount of research this time.

#131 Evansville MVC #7
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/9351

#110 Sycamores MVC #6
http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/article/9412

Sycamore preview I thought was spot on. I agree with the starting lineup and for some of the unknowns with them this season I can agree with a 6th place finish.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: College Sports Madness Top 144 Preview

Postby siudawgs » July 30th, 2014, 1:31 pm

If I were a UE fan and Evansville finishes below Indiana State next year, I would be ready to part company with Marty Simmons. No reason that should be the case if UE's main cogs stay healthy.
siudawgs
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Cdizzle » July 30th, 2014, 1:39 pm

If Evansville finishes 7th this year, please tell me they will move on from Simmons.

For the record, I do not think Evansville will finish 7th this year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jturner38 » July 30th, 2014, 1:51 pm

Cdizzle wrote:If Evansville finishes 7th this year, please tell me they will move on from Simmons.

For the record, I do not think Evansville will finish 7th this year.

I would not be surprised and in fact that would be just another indicator that UE needs to move on from Marty. For the sycamores, I think we will see just how good coach Lansing can coach. With the seniors gone, mainly Odum, let's see how he utilizes running the offense.
jturner38
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Wufan » July 30th, 2014, 2:42 pm

It's hard to figure out where ISUb will end up. If Marty starts Wing at the 4 this year, he should be fired on the spot.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Cdizzle » July 30th, 2014, 2:57 pm

Wufan wrote:It's hard to figure out where ISUb will end up. If Marty starts Wing at the 4 this year, he should be fired on the spot.

I was really impressed with the Wiley pickup. That's the kind of player they just haven't had. Looks like a rebounding, defending, workhorse. Could completely change their ability to defend and rebound consistently if he's as good as I think he is, and he's utilized correctly.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BUFANATIC79 » July 30th, 2014, 4:09 pm

I could see ISUb finishing 7th or 8th. I hear they have a good recruiting class, but any time you lose guys like Odum or Arop I think you will struggle. Then again, the Sycs could easily be right in the middle of things. The MVC is going to be a major logjam 3-8. Just hoping my Braves can be somewhere in there too.
BUFANATIC79
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby 2livewu » July 30th, 2014, 8:13 pm

I guess that means they think Loyola, Drake and probably Bradley in the bottom 3.

It would be nice if 5 Valley teams can be in the top 100 but I don't see it. UNI, sure, MSU probably. SIU? Not with their schedule. Maybe Illinois State. 5 would be great as it would all but assure a great RPI for WSU, assuming they can win a decent share of their games.
2livewu
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » July 31st, 2014, 5:06 am

2livewu wrote:I guess that means they think Loyola, Drake and probably Bradley in the bottom 3.

It would be nice if 5 Valley teams can be in the top 100 but I don't see it. UNI, sure, MSU probably. SIU? Not with their schedule. Maybe Illinois State. 5 would be great as it would all but assure a great RPI for WSU, assuming they can win a decent share of their games.

SIU and Bradley need to win a lot of games in the non-con or they are going to be a brutal RPI hit.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » July 31st, 2014, 8:09 pm

2livewu wrote:I guess that means they think Loyola, Drake and probably Bradley in the bottom 3.

I'm still having a hard time understanding why people are so high on SIU. We lost our best player and have no seniors. I think our schedule is probably justified because I can't see why we would be a top 200 team.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball