College Sports Madness Top 144 Preview

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: College Sports Madness Top 144 Preview

Postby Aargh » August 19th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Redbird23 wrote:Salukis came in today at #82, #4 in MVC...I don't have them this far up but its great to see them having 7 MVC schools in top 144, including 5 in top 91.

That puts them 3 spots above Creighton. Maybe losing the B'Jays wasn't as tragic as a lot of people tried to make it look.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » August 19th, 2014, 3:13 pm

Aargh wrote:
Redbird23 wrote:Salukis came in today at #82, #4 in MVC...I don't have them this far up but its great to see them having 7 MVC schools in top 144, including 5 in top 91.

That puts them 3 spots above Creighton. Maybe losing the B'Jays wasn't as tragic as a lot of people tried to make it look.

It remains to be seen if SIU has a better season than CU, but that the national narrative is that SIU climbing from the abyss of the Valley will have a better year than CU of the mighty nBE is some funny shat.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby letsgobears » August 19th, 2014, 3:37 pm

Hallucinogenic mushrooms will make you do strange things with your Top 144.

There is no way. The most disappointed man in America is Barry because the last thing he wants is a pre-season prognostication his team will be in the NIT. Doesn't jibe with the "youngest team in America" line he's going to wear gosh darn out this year.
Yeah, I'm that letsgobears
letsgobears
MVC Walk On
MVC Walk On

Postby Wufan » August 19th, 2014, 8:14 pm

I for one will be very happy is 7 MVC teams make the top 150 and 5 make the top 100 at the end of the year.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby bigdawg » August 20th, 2014, 9:10 am

Aargh wrote:

Yep, MVC is definitely better off with Loyola. :Bam:
bigdawg
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » August 20th, 2014, 9:33 am

bigdawg wrote:
Aargh wrote:

Yep, MVC is definitely better off with Loyola. :Bam:

I think we all know where Creighton is trending. They were held up by a player that fell into their laps and it still never got them out of the Round of 32. They have a coach that has proven to be terrible in a conference not named the Valley. They are an outsider in a conference full of real Big East leftovers.

Let's visit this conversation again in a few years (maybe even sooner). I have a feeling you might see things differently then.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Cdizzle » August 20th, 2014, 9:51 am

Championz wrote:I think we all know where Creighton is trending. They were held up by a player that fell into their laps and it still never got them out of the Round of 32. They have a coach that has proven to be terrible in a conference not named the Valley. They are an outsider in a conference full of real Big East leftovers.

Let's visit this conversation again in a few years (maybe even sooner). I have a feeling you might see things differently then.

If the conversation we are revisiting is "is the league better off with Loyola than Creighton?", then it is going to be a giant waste of time to revisit that conversation. It's more likely that Loyola falls out of the Top 300 than Creighton falls out of the Top 100.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby glm38 » August 20th, 2014, 11:36 am

Cdizzle wrote:
Championz wrote:I think we all know where Creighton is trending. They were held up by a player that fell into their laps and it still never got them out of the Round of 32. They have a coach that has proven to be terrible in a conference not named the Valley. They are an outsider in a conference full of real Big East leftovers.

If the conversation we are revisiting is "is the league better off with Loyola than Creighton?", then it is going to be a giant waste of time to revisit that conversation. It's more likely that Loyola falls out of the Top 300 than Creighton falls out of the Top 100.

I don't think any sane person would argue that at this point Loyola for CU is an even swap. BUT I see CU trending way way down. Just my opinion but I don't think they will be top 100 this year. And possibly not for several years. It's just unfathomable to me that they never made a tourney run with a player like McD and some decent talent around him.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby jaybydna » August 20th, 2014, 11:57 am

glm38 wrote:
Cdizzle wrote:

I don't think any sane person would argue that at this point Loyola for CU is an even swap. BUT I see CU trending way way down. Just my opinion but I don't think they will be top 100 this year. And possibly not for several years. It's just unfathomable to me that they never made a tourney run with a player like McD and some decent talent around him.

Yes I am still here. Like I said, I am a fan of the MVC and like reading up on the teams. Creighton's ranking is probably about right, and SIUs is a little high, but I do hope they re-gain their spot as MVC leaders. Would love a home-and-home with SIU.

I am not not seeing the impending doom through my blue-colored glasses. Creighton's 2014 recruiting class is ranked 45th in the country (247) the 2015 class has started with the 40th ranked recruit in the country. We have official visits coming from 5 players ranked in the top 100. To prognosticate impending doom with the talent that exists on the team seems strange. Besides personal ranker, what makes you think they will not succeed?
jaybydna
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » August 20th, 2014, 12:18 pm

jaybydna wrote:To prognosticate impending doom with the talent that exists on the team seems strange. Besides personal ranker, what makes you think they will not succeed?

Chatman is the only known talent on the team, and he has been above-average on a team that required him to do nothing but not screw up. That doesn't mean there isn't other good talent on the roster, but people haven't seen it, and those players haven't been relied on to do anything.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball