College Sports Madness Top 144 Preview

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: College Sports Madness Top 144 Preview

Postby mvcfan » August 20th, 2014, 7:26 pm

saluki762 wrote:Creighton at 85 is 7th in their conference. 7th in the MVC is Evansville at 131. Anyone who thinks Creighton made a bad move is a crazy person.

What are you talking about? I don't remember anyone saying that the "Fighting Sweater Vests" made a bad move and almost everyone has respect for their success in the past 15 or so years. However, they have made disparaging comments about the Valley basically saying that without Creighton (as the Savior), the Valley has turned into dog_ _ _ _ and as a fan base been condescending to all of our teams. Furthermore, they have made comments indicating that the NBE will raise Creighton from a Top 15-40 Team into a Top 10 Team.

The facts are that their recent history has some holes in it. While they had long term success in the Valley, they NEVER (even in their best years) have parlayed it into Top 10 National Success nor achieved even Sweet 16 success in The NCAA Tournament. They will have to prove that they can continue their limited, moderate, but newsworthy national level success in the future in an admittedly stronger league (top to bottom).
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby jaybydna » August 21st, 2014, 7:49 am

glm38 wrote:Jaybydna I watched CU quite a bit last year. I just thought the Jays underclassmen were very underwhelming. And I'm not convinced of the elder McD's coaching abilities at all. This year should be interesting for your team.

No doubt we take a step back this year. Like I said, mid-eighties is about right. I think you are wrong about the elder McD, and so do some national experts, but you are entitled to your opinion. The guy knows how to put together an offense based on his personnel. Recruiting was my concern, but not anymore. The teams we have lost to in the NCAA (NC, Duke, Baylor) have been long and athletic, and now we are catching up in that respect.
jaybydna
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » August 21st, 2014, 8:52 am

jaybydna wrote:The guy knows how to put together an offense based on his personnel. Recruiting was my concern, but not anymore.

yeah he really proved that when he was at BCS program up until he saw the writing on the wall and left before they could fire him. Unless he has a couple twin sons coming up - he's in trouble.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » August 21st, 2014, 9:59 am

A certain fanbase post's ooze envy or insecurity. I can't really tell which
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » August 21st, 2014, 3:44 pm

jaybydna wrote:
glm38 wrote:Jaybydna I watched CU quite a bit last year. I just thought the Jays underclassmen were very underwhelming. And I'm not convinced of the elder McD's coaching abilities at all. This year should be interesting for your team.

No doubt we take a step back this year. Like I said, mid-eighties is about right. I think you are wrong about the elder McD, and so do some national experts, but you are entitled to your opinion. The guy knows how to put together an offense based on his personnel. Recruiting was my concern, but not anymore. The teams we have lost to in the NCAA (NC, Duke, Baylor) have been long and athletic, and now we are catching up in that respect.

You expect a team to take a step back after losing a player like Doug McD. How far CU falls this year will say a lot about your program and your coach.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » August 21st, 2014, 4:20 pm

saluki762 wrote:A certain fanbase post's ooze envy or insecurity. I can't really tell which

I showed them more respect than they show anyone in our league but I won't grovel in their dirt and kiss their ass like you will.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » August 21st, 2014, 4:29 pm

mvcfan wrote:
saluki762 wrote:A certain fanbase post's ooze envy or insecurity. I can't really tell which

I showed them more respect than they show anyone in our league but I won't grovel in their dirt and kiss their ass like you will.

There is only one fan board in the MVC that has a large amount of Creighton discussion and fans that feel the need to go to Creighton boards and point out that their ranking is lower than SIU in this poll.

I'll give you a hint, it isn't Loyola.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby saluki762 » August 21st, 2014, 4:29 pm

mvcfan wrote:

There is only one fan board in the MVC that has a large amount of Creighton discussion and fans that feel the need to go to Creighton boards and point out that their ranking is lower than SIU in this poll.

I'll give you a hint, it isn't Loyola.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » August 21st, 2014, 5:23 pm

Man, Saluki fan. You seem more insulted by all of this than the Creighton lurkers here.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Turner » August 22nd, 2014, 8:25 am

What's so very comical about this is we're fighting about some irrelevant and almost random listing of teams months before the season starts. Creighton takes a step back this year no doubt. Long term, they will be just fine.
Turner
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball