Which players will debut on the All-Conference Teams?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Which players will debut on the All-Conference Teams?

Postby Wufan » August 18th, 2014, 4:46 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:
ShocksF4 wrote:Marshall on first team. Pre season and post in my opinion. Along with a few shockers

If he can make it through a majority of the season I don't think there is much doubt to that. I think he takes Earlys vacant spot with the rest of the team standing pat

There were 6 1st-teamers this year, so without Early the 1st Team is still already full.

I like Marshall, but I'm not sold on him as 1st-Team material. His defense and peripherals are not that good. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season and provide a better idea of what he's all about.

Odum was also on the first team. Four players remain.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby ShocksF4 » August 18th, 2014, 4:53 pm

Cdizzle wrote:
PantherSigEp wrote:
ShocksF4 wrote:Marshall on first team. Pre season and post in my opinion. Along with a few shockers

If he can make it through a majority of the season I don't think there is much doubt to that. I think he takes Earlys vacant spot with the rest of the team standing pat

There were 6 1st-teamers this year, so without Early the 1st Team is still already full.

I like Marshall, but I'm not sold on him as 1st-Team material. His defense and peripherals are not that good. Hopefully he can stay healthy this season and provide a better idea of what he's all about.

What about his defense? He may not get many steal yes, but I feel he is not one bit a liability on the defensive end. I seen what he did to is freshman year in the valley tournament and also last year the game against us in which he got hurt. The kid got hurt after playing 11 games an was the 6th leading scorer in the valley. I have a hard time not seeing him on the pre and post first team. He is a very talented player IMO.
ShocksF4
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Cdizzle » August 19th, 2014, 3:17 pm

Wufan wrote:Odum was also on the first team. Four players remain.

Thanks, brainfarted that one.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball