UE hires new AD

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

UE hires new AD

Postby stl scooter » September 1st, 2014, 7:42 pm

From acefan on PurpleAcesFans.com
Dear Members of the Purple Aces Club:

You will soon see the announcement that the University of Evansville has hired Mark Spencer as our new Director of Athletics. Mark is coming to UE from Oregon State University, where he is serving as Senior Associate Athletics Director. Prior to Oregon State, he served at several other universities, including most recently at Saint Louis University as Associate Athletics Director. Mark had a very good visit to campus, impressing those who participated in the search process with his intelligence, energy, and clear-headed understanding of intercollegiate athletics. I'm confident that he'll be a smart and dynamic leader of our athletics program.

I look forward to an exciting and successful future for Aces athletics!

Best,

Tom

Thomas A. Kazee
President
University of Evansville
The preceding lesson in basketball is free of charge.
stl scooter
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

UE hires new AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: UE hires new AD

Postby ACECARD » September 2nd, 2014, 9:51 am

stl scooter wrote:From acefan on PurpleAcesFans.com

You will soon see the announcement that the University of Evansville has hired Mark Spencer as our new Director of Athletics. Mark is coming to UE from Oregon State University, where he is serving as Senior Associate Athletics Director. Prior to Oregon State, he served at several other universities, including most recently at Saint Louis University as Associate Athletics Director. Mark had a very good visit to campus, impressing those who participated in the search process with his intelligence, energy, and clear-headed understanding of intercollegiate athletics. I'm confident that he'll be a smart and dynamic leader of our athletics program.

Best,

Tom

Thomas A. Kazee
President
University of Evansville

Will be interesting to see how he treats Marty, if the Aces have a losing season this year. He may not have the same opinion of him, as do most of the fans in Aces nation.
ACECARD
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Snaggletooth » September 2nd, 2014, 8:19 pm

ACECARD wrote:
stl scooter wrote:From acefan on PurpleAcesFans.com

Best,

Tom

Thomas A. Kazee
President
University of Evansville

Will be interesting to see how he treats Marty, if the Aces have a losing season this year. He may not have the same opinion of him, as do most of the fans in Aces nation.

AD job is to hire coaches and have successful programs. Most want their guys. But that being said with the pud schedule that Evansville has - if Evansville sucks then it probably time for Marty to go.
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby agrinut » September 3rd, 2014, 7:18 am

Real question, is he planning in moving he Aces to D2. Oh what a day.
agrinut
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Redbirdfan21 » September 4th, 2014, 3:10 pm

What is the general feelings of Marty among the UE faithful?
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Cdizzle » September 4th, 2014, 3:28 pm

Redbirdfan21 wrote:What is the general feelings of Marty among the UE faithful?

As a non-UE faithful I might point out that perhaps the best answer to this question is that there are a lot less UE faithful than there used to be. While this situation predates Marty to a certain degree, he is also a prodigal son that has deepened, not reversed the trend.

Data from 97-14
Avg. Att Conf Wins
10,457 11
8,348 9
8,177 13
8,587 9
8,337 9
5,822 4
6,671 8
6,618 5
6,318 5
6,025 5
5,494 6
5,486 3
5,863 8
4,832 3
4,910 9
5,135 9
4,463 10
4,546 6
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Dean Wormer » September 4th, 2014, 10:54 pm

agrinut wrote:Real question, is he planning in moving he Aces to D2. Oh what a day.

Wow...a SWOMO fan talking smack is like Jankovich ripping on someone else's schedule.
Dean Wormer
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Aargh » September 4th, 2014, 11:44 pm

My thought is that about any decent coach with Balentine and Muskovicous (sp??) should have a good season. Those guys are good enough that UE should have n upper-half Valley finish.

If Marty can't keep UE out of Thursday night in St. Louis, maybe it's time for a change. I'm skeptical that anyone UE could actually hire could do better than Marty is doing, so a coaching change there probably wouldn't be much of a change from UE's recent history.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby acesrmyteam » September 5th, 2014, 6:34 am

don't know this new AD, but sounds like the hiring panel was impressed with him, good news for UE

new Ford Center, new practice facility, 7' transfer from nebraska, all-american juco, keep the good news coming UE! All i want now is some W's!
acesrmyteam
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby PantherSigEp » September 5th, 2014, 9:26 am

acesrmyteam wrote:don't know this new AD, but sounds like the hiring panel was impressed with him, good news for UE

:huh:

I hate to be a sarcastic a-hole...but isn't that pretty much how an interview works? The most impressive bird gets the worm?
[Insert snappy comeback]
PantherSigEp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball