Preseason all-valley team

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Postby ShocksF4 » September 22nd, 2014, 9:35 pm

Who do you guys have for your 5 that you think will appear on preseason teams? Mine..
1. Ron Baker
2. Seth Tuttle
3. Fred VanVleet
4. DJ Balentine
5. Marcus Marshall
Might question Marshall, but I feel Missouri State will finish top 3 in conference this year and he is their best player so he will definitely have a great shot at making all valley team.
ShocksF4
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Preseason all-valley team

Postby Wufan » September 23rd, 2014, 5:13 am

The fifth spot is really up for grabs. Mock, Smith, Knight, Doyle, Marshall, Beane, or Cotton are all reasonable. I like Beane for the fifth spot.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby ShocksF4 » September 23rd, 2014, 9:11 am

Can't argue with that wufan. As you said definitely is up for grabs at this point, but I'm looking at what team I feel will have the better season an that's why I chose Marshall. I don't disagree with you at all though
ShocksF4
MVC Recruit
MVC Recruit

Postby Wufan » September 23rd, 2014, 10:50 am

ShocksF4 wrote:Can't argue with that wufan. As you said definitely is up for grabs at this point, but I'm looking at what team I feel will have the better season an that's why I chose Marshall. I don't disagree with you at all though

And anticipated finish is a great reason to pick Marshall. It's all hugs and handshakes in this thread.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » September 23rd, 2014, 12:16 pm

Wufan wrote:The fifth spot is really up for grabs. Mock, Smith, Knight, Doyle, Marshall, Beane, or Cotton are all reasonable. I like Beane for the fifth spot.

I'd put Cotton, Beane, or Mock ahead of Marshall. I think he'll have a good year but coming off of an injury you never know so I think that would put enough doubt in their minds to put others ahead of him for the preseason team.
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Aargh » September 23rd, 2014, 11:11 pm

Don't be surprised to see Darius Carter make a run at this. Carter is a lot like Carl Hall. He hasn't shown Hall's beast mode in just enforcing his will around the basket, but Carter has a better offensive game and more shooting range than Hall had. At 6'7" and 245 lbs, he's got the body to go full beast mode if he can get his mind wrapped around that.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby shockem » September 24th, 2014, 10:22 am

It will be interesting see how Carter progresses as a 2nd year JUCO. Most 2nd year guys make huge leaps in under Gregg Marshall. Carter has better offense than Carl Hall and is better at running the floor, but Hall was a beast on defense and offensive put backs.
shockem
All MVC
All MVC

Postby glm38 » September 24th, 2014, 5:29 pm

shockem wrote:It will be interesting see how Carter progresses as a 2nd year JUCO. Most 2nd year guys make huge leaps in under Gregg Marshall. Carter has better offense than Carl Hall and is better at running the floor, but Hall was a beast on defense and offensive put backs.

I think Carter is a stud. I think he could easily be all Valley this coming year. But Carl Hall was so tough both physically and mentally. He could just totally dominate games in the paint. I'm not sure Carter makes that big a jump but if he does then WSU could possibly win out again this year (barring any injuries). Which is kind of depressing to think about for all us non WSU fans.
glm38
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball