Missing Creighton

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Missing Creighton

Postby Redbird23 » September 27th, 2014, 3:04 pm

I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were with Creighton still in the conference.
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Missing Creighton

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Missing Creighton

Postby Wufan » September 27th, 2014, 3:42 pm

Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were with Creighton still in the conference.

You went to a Doug McDermott signing?
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » September 27th, 2014, 4:04 pm

Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were when someone could actually compete with Wichita State.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » September 27th, 2014, 5:11 pm

AndShock wrote:
Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were when someone could actually compete with Wichita State.

I agree with this. Hopefully everyone in this conference wants to and believes they can be competitive. The next 2 plus years should see the emergence of some good teams.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » September 27th, 2014, 8:53 pm

Is this a joke?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Veritas » September 27th, 2014, 9:28 pm

Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were with Creighton still in the conference.

I'm sure you do. Even IlSU would finish higher than the sweater vests in 2014/15.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby Snaggletooth » September 27th, 2014, 11:01 pm

Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago

did he get served for a paternity suit or something?
Snaggletooth
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » September 28th, 2014, 7:59 am

AndShock wrote:

Wow, win one conference title and now nobody can compete. Wonder what that says about those teams in the 90's and 2000's that won multiple years . Not taken away from the very excellent run and program that WSU is experiencing right now, but the level of disrespect for the rest of the Valley by some will likely haunt. :Bam:
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Wufan » September 28th, 2014, 8:11 am

The bizarre tone of the first post in this thread is that we miss Creighton as one of the best teams in the conference. I believe the intent of the altered quote was that there was nothing special about CU other than winning, and with Creighton gone, we need someone else to step up and fill the void.

There's no reason any of a number of schools (UNI, MSU, ISUr) can't do that, and I for one will be disappointed if at least two of them don't.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » September 28th, 2014, 8:33 am

I think you keep a balanced perspective with a healthy level of swag for what the Shocks are doing right now; but some do seem to act as if the league has been dominated for a decade and have no chance of catching up with the Shocks. To me , on paper, I'm not sure UNI isn't there now, and a couple other programs just a young stud or two maturing away. Interesting year at hand.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Next

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball