Missing Creighton

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missing Creighton

Postby Wufan » September 30th, 2014, 11:03 am

Drakey wrote:
musiccitybulldog wrote:I miss Louisville.

I miss Memphis.

I miss Cinncinati.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby mvcfan » September 30th, 2014, 7:24 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:With Creighton being an excellent program for awhile now even without big tourney runs they have been missed and will be missed anyone who says otherwise is crazy, always brought a nice size crowd to away games and archmadness. They did lose their best players but it is a program that always seems to bounce back and get good players for continued success. With them being in the big east (not the same big east as before but power conference still) and a known basketball program they will get very good recruits, probably better ones than they would have if still playing in mvc. I don't think they will be down for long if at all.

Creighton does have a nice program. They will drop down to a 50-70 program this year, not even close to a Top 20 type of program. The may come up to a 40 type of program. Like I said, a nice program.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Shoxfan11 » October 1st, 2014, 10:35 am

glm38 wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:With Creighton being an excellent program for awhile now even without big tourney runs they have been missed and will be missed anyone who says otherwise is crazy, always brought a nice size crowd to away games and archmadness. They did lose their best players but it is a program that always seems to bounce back and get good players for continued success. With them being in the big east (not the same big east as before but power conference still) and a known basketball program they will get very good recruits, probably better ones than they would have if still playing in mvc. I don't think they will be down for long if at all.

I agree that Creighton brought some excitement to the Valley and they are definitely missed. But they didn't just not have "big tourney runs". They didn't have any kind of tourney run at all. EVER. To me that really taints their Valley legacy.

And I could be wrong but I think they are in for some hard times in the next few years.

It really is amazing, isn't it? In the past 15 years, you have Missouri State, who absolutely smashed a 4 seed and got to the Sweet Sixteen before bowing out to the eventual runner-up. SIU made a couple of Sweet Sixteens with their frustrating defense. Bradley came out of nowhere, taking 5th in the conference but rallying to make a Sweet Sixteen of their own. Northern Iowa barely escaped against UNLV, then won straight up against the #1 overall seed to make their own Sweet Sixteen. WSU made a Sweet Sixteen in 2006, then went even further in 2013 to make a Final Four against what Ken Pomeroy said was the hardest road ever. All those teams capitalized on their opportunities to make some noise and get some respect for this conference.

And then you have Creighton, who still has yet to escape the second round. But hey, at least they only lost by 30 this year!
Shoxfan11
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Veritas » October 5th, 2014, 2:28 pm

Must be frustrating to be a creighton fan. Their greatest baseball team ever goes something like 0-7 against WSU that season losing that heartbreaking game to the Shox in the college World Series due to "the throw."
And NEVER EVER making ANY notable runs in the NCAA MBB tournament.
They jump to a better basketball conference with the nBE and FS1 ratings of CU games are less than a Green Acres rerun in the state of Nebraska. Now even UNL has a better basketball team.
I sort of feel badly for them.
Veritas
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Postby rlh04d » October 6th, 2014, 2:50 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
AndShock wrote:
Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were when someone could actually compete with Wichita State.

Wow, win one conference title and now nobody can compete. Wonder what that says about those teams in the 90's and 2000's that won multiple years . Not taken away from the very excellent run and program that WSU is experiencing right now, but the level of disrespect for the rest of the Valley by some will likely haunt. :Bam:

If you think any WSU fan is bragging about winning the MVC, you're very mistaken.

The funny thing about WSU finally winning Arch Madness is that almost none of us really care. Winning Arch Madness is better than losing it, but ultimately it just doesn't matter for where WSU is as a program right now.

It's such a small achievement for WSU right now that we don't even get to really enjoy it.

I miss Creighton in the conference. I miss that they were the only other team in the conference that had a fanbase that supported their team. They wouldn't even be THAT bad in the MVC next year. But I absolutely don't miss Creighton continuously embarrassing the conference in tournament after tournament.
rlh04d
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball