Missing Creighton

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Missing Creighton

Postby Redbird23 » September 28th, 2014, 10:39 am

WTF Andshock changed my post look at the very first one, and then look at Andshock quoting me in the third one
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » September 28th, 2014, 10:46 am

Redbird23 wrote:WTF Andshock changed my post look at the very first one, and then look at Andshock quoting me in the third one

In his defense, your first post wasn't a very good one. ;)
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Redbird23 » September 28th, 2014, 12:45 pm

Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were with Creighton still in the conference.

AndShock wrote:
Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were when someone could actually compete with Wichita State.
Ready for Arch Madness
Redbird23
MVC starter
MVC starter

Postby Championz » September 28th, 2014, 2:31 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
AndShock wrote:
Redbird23 wrote:I was at a Doug McDermott signing today in Chicago and in line I was thinking wow how much more exciting Arch Madness and the Valley were when someone could actually compete with Wichita State.

Wow, win one conference title and now nobody can compete. Wonder what that says about those teams in the 90's and 2000's that won multiple years . Not taken away from the very excellent run and program that WSU is experiencing right now, but the level of disrespect for the rest of the Valley by some will likely haunt. :Bam:

I think WSU fans can talk a little right now.

I don't think a guy that predicted Marcus Marshall and Gavin Thurman were going to outshine Ron Baker and Fred Van Vleet should be talking that much right now though.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » September 28th, 2014, 2:35 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I think you keep a balanced perspective with a healthy level of swag for what the Shocks are doing right now; but some do seem to act as if the league has been dominated for a decade and have no chance of catching up with the Shocks. To me , on paper, I'm not sure UNI isn't there now, and a couple other programs just a young stud or two maturing away. Interesting year at hand.

This thread is turning into one, big, fat joke.

Tell me a Valley program that has gone undefeated in the regular season, undefeated in Valley play, earned a No.1 seed, went to a Final Four, all in a 2 year stretch and then you can tell every Shocker fan to shut up.

Did you really just say UNI and WSU are on the same level?

The posts you make on this site are incredibly dopey. Perhaps, you're the one that needs a little perspective. You're a BEARS fan. Your room for talk is the lowest out there. Shall we entertain your basketball history over the last decade and a half?
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Championz » September 28th, 2014, 2:37 pm

Redbird23 wrote:WTF Andshock changed my post look at the very first one, and then look at Andshock quoting me in the third one

That was the idea. :Bam:
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby BEARZ77 » September 28th, 2014, 2:39 pm

Wufan wrote:If there is something sports fans aren't known for, it's humility. The Shockers have had the greatest four year run in the history of the MVC.

You usually keep a little balance WUfan, so I'm going to assume you simply forgot Cincinnati made 5 straight Final Four appearances , won two straight National Championships and lost in a third straight Championship game. Winning lots of games with todays inflated schedules doesn't match multiple deep runs come tourney time like Cincinnati and Louisville did. If the Shocks could add another final 4 in the next year or so, that would perhaps put them behind only Cincinnati for a period of sustained excellence, but along way to go to get even in the conversation with that team.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby BEARZ77 » September 28th, 2014, 2:49 pm

Championz wrote:This thread is turning into one, big, fat joke.

Tell me a Valley program that has gone undefeated in the regular season, undefeated in Valley play, earned a No.1 seed, went to a Final Four, all in a 2 year stretch and then you can tell every Shocker fan to shut up.

Did you really just say UNI and WSU are on the same level?

The posts you make on this site are incredibly dopey. Perhaps, you're the one that needs a little perspective. You're a BEARS fan. Your room for talk is the lowest out there. Shall we entertain your basketball history over the last decade and a half?

Perhaps when you learn to read you'll be able to participate in a reasonable conversation. I said nothing negative about WSU, in fact gave them credit for a great run. I didn't say UNI's overall program was on par with WSU just that they maybe able to compete for the title this year, which I believe they will. What I said was someone stating the rest of the Valley can't compete with WSU based on a couple years was pretty short sighted, given the history. If WSU had won 3-4 titles in a row, that's a different story. Compete doesn't mean better, it just means it isn't a given, which if you think it is , fine, we'll see if several teams aren't able to push you this year.
The Bear is the largest carnivore on the North American continent; beware the Bear!
BEARZ77
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » September 28th, 2014, 3:04 pm

I like WSU's trend line recently in the Valley. 46-8 in the Valley in the last 3 years, 2 Valley titles in that stretch, and they're bringing back the majority of the players on a team that went 18-0. I don't think it's that big of a stretch for a WSU fan to say it's WSU's title to lose again this year. You may not agree with it, but to take offense to it like it's some sort of outlandish statement is where you're coming out wrong.

WSU will probably lose 2-3 Valley games this year, as expecting back-to-back 18-0 seasons seems sort of foolish to expect. So, if that's the case, then you think UNI is going to pound out a 16-2 year also, along with your Missouri State Bears. Which scenario seems more likely to you?

Given WSU's recent history of domination, there's no need for you to get defensive about a few WSU fans predicting more success for WSU. The last few years opposing fans keep saying "just wait til this year". Well, it keeps happening. If you want to be the Man, you have to beat the Man.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » September 28th, 2014, 3:05 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
Wufan wrote:If there is something sports fans aren't known for, it's humility. The Shockers have had the greatest four year run in the history of the MVC.

You usually keep a little balance WUfan, so I'm going to assume you simply forgot Cincinnati made 5 straight Final Four appearances , won two straight National Championships and lost in a third straight Championship game. Winning lots of games with todays inflated schedules doesn't match multiple deep runs come tourney time like Cincinnati and Louisville did. If the Shocks could add another final 4 in the next year or so, that would perhaps put them behind only Cincinnati for a period of sustained excellence, but along way to go to get even in the conversation with that team.

I did think about Cincinnati, and I was going to look it up or change my response to "in the last 50 years", but I did neither. I was actually referring to "most wins" in a 4 year period, but again, that only tells part of the story. I confess that Cincinnati in the late 50s and early 60s was certainly better than WSU is currently.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball