MVC Insider: Valley's plans to beef up schedules

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Insider: Valley's plans to beef up schedules

Postby Cdizzle » October 3rd, 2014, 4:18 pm

saluki762 wrote:As long as SIU isn't going to contend for a title, I hope we continue to schedule crappy teams. I like to watch wins. I would rather watch good wins but I would take 20 wins against terrible teams as opposed to 12 over good teams.

I have no problem with this.
So long as the program is willing to forego the NCAA shares being earned by other teams in the conference. If this is your approach, you are deliberately inhibiting conference teams' ability to build NCAA-worthy resume's and hurting seeding if they do get in.

Dips in scheduling during a rebuild are completely fine. But excusing them as a long-term philosophy for your program so the coach can keep racking up 20 win seasons shouldn't be tolerated by the conference.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Aargh » October 4th, 2014, 10:47 am

I'm willing to give Hinson lot of slack, He inherited disster.

Maybe the plan at SIU is to rack up some wins to get the fanbase back and build some attendance numbers. If SIU were playing a tough home schedule and not winning games, it would only make it more difficult to get butts in seats.
Aargh
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby mvcfan » October 4th, 2014, 1:20 pm

Aargh wrote:I'm willing to give Hinson lot of slack, He inherited disster.

Maybe the plan at SIU is to rack up some wins to get the fanbase back and build some attendance numbers. If SIU were playing a tough home schedule and not winning games, it would only make it more difficult to get butts in seats.

Who said anything about playing tough home schedule. The non-conference doesn't need to be Top 1/3 but it doesn't need to be Bottom 1/3 either.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball