Who will be the 2014-15 MVC Player of the Year?

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Who will be named the 2014-15 MVC Player of the Year?

Poll ended at October 22nd, 2014, 8:20 am

Ron Baker - Wichita State
28%
Anthony Beane - SIU
9%
DJ Balentine - Evansville
15%
Tekele Cotton - Wichita State
4%
Milton Doyle - Loyola
No votes
Marcus Marshall - Missouri State
11%
Seth Tuttle - UNI
4%
Fred VanVleet - Wichita State
23%
Other
6%

Total votes : 47

Re: Who will be the 2014-15 MVC Player of the Year?

Postby Championz » March 3rd, 2015, 8:39 pm

valleychamp wrote:Yes, you are missing something. Some of the Shocker fans on here are using the conference championship as an ultimate trump card for being the better team and/or for one of your guys being the POY over Tuttle.

WSU lost to an 18-11 George Washington. UNI lost to 19-11 Evansville. Remarkably similar losses. One just happened to be the difference to winning a share of a conference championship and the other was an irrelevant non conf loss.

I'm sensing a lot of butthurt in this post.

What a shocker. UNI fans think their team and players are better. WSU fans think their team and players are better. Only difference is WSU won the Valley title. I'm not sure what other metric makes more sense than an 18-game regular season in determining who was better.

Again, I think some UNI fans are butthurt they are sitting in 2nd place and thinking 2 means 1 and 1 means 2.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby valleychamp » March 3rd, 2015, 9:01 pm

Wufan wrote:What metric would you like to use to demonstrate UNI is the superior team?

None. I never said they were, and I don't think any other UNI fan has said as much. In fact, I think the teams are virtually identical. Which is what my whole point was.

Using the "but we won the conference championship" blanket statement to settle an argument such as this is pretty silly in this instance when the line between the two is so thin, especially in the case of this particular player of the year debate.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Previous

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball