Closed door scrimmages and exhibitions

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: Closed door scrimmages and exhibitions

Postby Drakey » November 6th, 2014, 9:25 pm

I'm not sure I've ever seen a loss to a D3 team in one of these games. I think Drake might have lost to the D2 national champions a few years back, but heir whole team was made up of former D1 transfers.
Drakey
All MVC
All MVC

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Cdizzle » November 6th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Good week for Loyola. First, Doyle decides to try to play through his injury. Then, Bradley loses to a D3 team. Looks like there might be some competition for 10th this year.
Cdizzle
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby TheAsianSensation » November 6th, 2014, 9:50 pm

I suspect Geno will get 2 more years to see the latest recruiting class (with a few jucos) play all the way through. But the fanbase is lighting the pilot light on the stove tonight.
http://bracketball.blogspot.com/ A national version of the world-famous TAS Bracketology. Spread the word
TheAsianSensation
MVCfans.com
MVCfans.com

Postby Shoxfan11 » November 6th, 2014, 10:31 pm

Drakey wrote:I'm not sure I've ever seen a loss to a D3 team in one of these games. I think Drake might have lost to the D2 national champions a few years back, but heir whole team was made up of former D1 transfers.

We played Baylor a few years back, and they lost to a D2 team that year. However, they ended up making the NCAA Tournament. That's the best I got, can't say I've heard of a loss to a D3 team.
Shoxfan11
MVC Bench Warmer
MVC Bench Warmer

Postby Championz » November 6th, 2014, 11:58 pm

tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley plays its one and only exhibition game tomorrow (Thursday) at 7 pm vs. Augustana.

Augustana returns basically everyone from a good team last year and is ranked #3 in the preseason D3 National rankings. It won't be a walk over for BU.

I'm not sure I would even consider Bradley a mid-major at this point.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Wufan » November 7th, 2014, 6:10 am

MVCfans wrote:
tribecalledquest wrote:Bradley plays its one and only exhibition game tomorrow (Thursday) at 7 pm vs. Augustana.

Augustana returns basically everyone from a good team last year and is ranked #3 in the preseason D3 National rankings. It won't be a walk over for BU.

Good call, but BU still needs to win. Unfortunately, Braves lost 58-56.

Boooo!
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby saluki762 » November 7th, 2014, 8:02 am

Shoxfan11 wrote:
Drakey wrote:I'm not sure I've ever seen a loss to a D3 team in one of these games. I think Drake might have lost to the D2 national champions a few years back, but heir whole team was made up of former D1 transfers.

We played Baylor a few years back, and they lost to a D2 team that year. However, they ended up making the NCAA Tournament. That's the best I got, can't say I've heard of a loss to a D3 team.

SIU lost to D2 Alaska-Anchorage in the 05-06 regular season. The went on to finish 2nd in the MVC and make the tourney. This Bradley team is not the mid 2000's SIU teams. SIU's loss was an aberration. Bradley has done nothing to show that they are not terrible again this year. Looks like another long year in Peoria, unless Ford coaches the s*** out of the newcomers.
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
B=====D ( )
saluki762
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Mikovio » November 7th, 2014, 10:25 am

If we ask nicely do you think Les will agree to be our coach again? :D

Seriously though, I'm not panicking. Yet. You can make excuses for Bradley last night, but I'm getting tired of making excuses for Ford. This needs to improve, and quick.
Mikovio
All MVC
All MVC

Postby uniftw » November 7th, 2014, 10:27 am

Cdizzle wrote:Good week for Loyola. First, Doyle decides to try to play through his injury.

He just blew any change he had at a redshirt...unless the NCAA decides to be nice for once and grant a medical.

Didn't Cuse lose to an NAIA a couple years ago and then make a FF or EE run?
uniftw
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby DUBulldog » November 7th, 2014, 10:37 am

Drake did lose to the D2 national champs in 2006-07. Drake was playing without their starting point guard and their backup point guard and lost by 1 or 2 points.
DUBulldog
Site Admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball