MVC Preseason selections

Discuss the MVC hoops season here.

Re: MVC Preseason selections

Postby Redbirdfan21 » October 28th, 2014, 7:19 pm

http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/colleg ... 45b86.html

“It’s because I have confidence in my team,” Muller said. “Wichita State deserves to be preseason No. 1 in our league and Northern Iowa deserves to be No. 2 preseason in our league. Don’t get me wrong, but I tried to rank teams as I saw them finishing in the end.”
Redbirdfan21
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby Wufan » October 28th, 2014, 7:36 pm

There you have it. Muller has put together what he believes to be a top 10 team this year. It will be exceedingly disappointing if they don't win 27+ and an absolute disaster of a season if they don't win 23 and make the NCAA tournament.
Wufan
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby AndShock » October 28th, 2014, 7:37 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:
valleychamp wrote:
BTbird wrote:The mvcfan poll wouldn't let me give ISU a 1st place vote though. :D

Muller was the lone vote according to the ISU beat writer

Jim Benson ‏@Pg_Benson
Muller said his No. 1 vote wasn't to show confidence in his players, "It's because I have confidence in my team.: #MVCHoopsTipOff #isuhoops

What a dumbass.

I guess I see it the opposite; other than a coach in his first year or in the midst of a major program rebuild, if you don't think you've built and coached your team to where you have confidence they can win, I don't want you for my coach. You better have some arrogance about you as a coach or your team plays to your level of insecurity.

#FireLusk
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby valleychamp » October 28th, 2014, 7:38 pm

I hope Muller is forced to fire his self after his team finishes in 5th place, four whole spots below from where he expected and even predicted.
UNI FIGHT
valleychamp
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Championz » October 28th, 2014, 10:25 pm

BEARZ77 wrote:I guess I see it the opposite; other than a coach in his first year or in the midst of a major program rebuild, if you don't think you've built and coached your team to where you have confidence they can win, I don't want you for my coach. You better have some arrogance about you as a coach or your team plays to your level of insecurity.

Then why doesn't every coach just vote in their team as No.1? By your logic, does that make the other 8 coaches horrible, bad, or not confident?

It's a silly poll that's pretty meaningless to begin with. But Mueller seems to be firing shots at the wrong time. He slighted WSU and UNI and gave them a little bit of extra ammo themselves. Either Muller is a master motivator or as valleychamp stated, a complete dumbass. So far, his coaching hasn't quite stacked up to master motivator yet. We shall see if this team lives up to his expectations and predictions. Otherwise, I guess he should fire himself.
Championz
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Rollbird5 » October 28th, 2014, 10:43 pm

I love what Muller did. You can tell he truly believes that we can finish first. If your gunna beat wichita the players are gunna have to believe they can and that starts with the coach's attitude and beliefs. He must really like what he has been seeing in practice and our potential as a team once it gets to Valley play to really contend. I like that our coach has the balls to put out what he believes even if it means disagreeing with the vast majority. Hopefully our team can back it up this year which I believe we will. In my opinion I think we will finish 2nd. All depends on if we can win some road games this year tho. In Dan I Trust
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby AndShock » October 28th, 2014, 10:48 pm

Rollbird5 wrote:I love what Muller did. You can tell he truly believes that we can finish first. If your gunna beat wichita the players are gunna have to believe they can and that starts with the coach's attitude and beliefs. He must really like what he has been seeing in practice and our potential as a team once it gets to Valley play to really contend. I like that our coach has the balls to put out what he believes even if it means disagreeing with the vast majority. Hopefully our team can back it up this year which I believe we will. In my opinion I think we will finish 2nd. All depends on if we can win some road games this year tho. In Dan I Trust

I think it has less to do with him being impressed by his team and more to do with trying to boost the morale of his middle-of-the-pack squad.
AndShock
MVC Hall Of Famer
MVC Hall Of Famer

Postby Rollbird5 » October 28th, 2014, 11:56 pm

AndShock wrote:
Rollbird5 wrote:I love what Muller did. You can tell he truly believes that we can finish first. If your gunna beat wichita the players are gunna have to believe they can and that starts with the coach's attitude and beliefs. He must really like what he has been seeing in practice and our potential as a team once it gets to Valley play to really contend. I like that our coach has the balls to put out what he believes even if it means disagreeing with the vast majority. Hopefully our team can back it up this year which I believe we will. In my opinion I think we will finish 2nd. All depends on if we can win some road games this year tho. In Dan I Trust

I think it has less to do with him being impressed by his team and more to do with trying to boost the morale of his middle-of-the-pack squad.

I think your gunna be surprised by our team, we're gunna be a lot better than people believe. At least I believe so :D
Rollbird5
All MVC
All MVC

Postby mvcfan » October 29th, 2014, 1:59 am

Redbirdfan21 wrote:http://www.pantagraph.com/sports/college/basketball/men/isu-s-muller-votes-his-team-no-in-missouri-valley/article_563f16d3-12ed-5988-be76-8af277145b86.html

“It’s because I have confidence in my team,” Muller said. “Wichita State deserves to be preseason No. 1 in our league and Northern Iowa deserves to be No. 2 preseason in our league. Don’t get me wrong, but I tried to rank teams as I saw them finishing in the end.”

If it was only because he had confidence in his team winning, he wouldn't have had to publicize the silly stunt.
mvcfan
All MVC
All MVC

Postby Born2Shock » October 29th, 2014, 7:18 am

This is just awesome. You like what Dan did, and believe that the team will back him up. In fact, you bought in SO much, that you picked them second.
Its fine to be confident in your team. But I have no idea why Muller would intentionally try to piss of the Shox, and UNI, for that matter. With statements like this, implying that you are a top10 team, dont complain when people crucify your non-con schedule, or when you fail to live up to 'expectations'. Im excited though. Im looking forward to ILSU blazing through the non-con undefeated, and crashing into the top 25 by Christmas. That would be great for the Valley.
Born2Shock
MVC Role Player
MVC Role Player

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Valley Conference Basketball